The Mandalorian & Grogu (Film) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian & Grogu (Film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not even that far outside the box. Just more projects that are taking a new direction or surprise people when they release like Andor.
I can’t tell if you’re disagreeing with me or not but this is exactly what I was getting at lol. The same old recycled stuff isn’t working, but neither are pure originals with no IP backing (The Creator, 65, Renfield, etc.). Unique, original stories with an IP attached in name only are the only way I see creative blockbusters being made these days. You could write the perfect pulp fiction detective story and it probably wouldn’t sell tickets…but set it on Coruscant and put a Storm Trooper in the preview and all of a sudden that same story is getting made and making money.

Top Gun: Maverick was I think Gen X and Boomer driven and then younger generations either got dragged to go or saw it had a ton of buzz and they checked it out. Remember, it came out on Memorial Day, which is also close to Fathers day and this was the perfect father’s day movie.
You don’t make over a billion dollars because of Father’s Day lol. Top Gun had insane legs throughout the summer because it was a well-made movie and well-told story backed by an IP that people had a modicum of trust in.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I can’t tell if you’re disagreeing with me or not but this is exactly what I was getting at lol. The same old recycled stuff isn’t working, but neither are pure originals with no IP backing (The Creator, 65, Renfield, etc.). Unique, original stories with an IP attached in name only are the only way I see creative blockbusters being made these days. You could write the perfect pulp fiction detective story and it probably wouldn’t sell tickets…but set it on Coruscant and put a Storm Trooper in the preview and all of a sudden that same story is getting made and making money.

You don’t make over a billion dollars because of Father’s Day lol. Top Gun had insane legs throughout the summer because it was a well-made movie and well-told story backed by an IP that people had a modicum of trust in.
I was agreeing with you.

And yes it did, but that was also an extremely weak summer. It also had the never been done before cockpit shots that were visually beautiful and it made for a great cinematic experience.

So I was thinking about it and I’m more good with this if this film is meant to introduce Mando & Grogu to a wider audience who may have heard of the show but never watched. If the Filoni movie is still planned, I’d kinda think it’d be hard to justify that as earned before the Ahsoka crew gets a movie.

Essentially build to your team up film so that it feels more earned and audiences aren’t lost.

As long as we also get season 4 then I’m very excited for this

Mandalorian season 1/2 are to me pretty much perfect Star Wars for me and love Dinn as a character even if I didn’t love season 3, his character development and actions in the season really push him up as one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars series

Wow

Insane that the Rey movie will be almost ten years after episode 9....doesn't feel like that long ago

Currently, that’s exactly three weeks after Avengers 5 is slated to release which could be very beneficial as millions of people will see the trailer before Avengers.

I don't think AVENGERS 5 is making that release date. But that's just a hunch.
I don’t think it is either, and Mando & Grogu could then slide over. There’s a lot of mess going on with Avengers 5 and it seems nowhere near close to production starting.

Reactions: belloq87
I don’t think it is either, and Mando & Grogu could then slide over. There’s a lot of mess going on with Avengers 5 and it seems nowhere near close to production starting.

See I think if we are looking at the process of events; Shang-Chi is probably gonna take Avengers 5's spot.

Gut tells me we should see work progress very quickly as Destin's schedule becomes more and more hectic with Naruto and other projects. 2026 being Armor Wars, Shang-Chi 2, Spider-Man 4 and another film (maybe Doctor Strange or Young Avengers) feels like the right chord.

Reactions: Nick
See I think if we are looking at the process of events; Shang-Chi is probably gonna take Avengers 5's spot.

Gut tells me we should see work progress very quickly as Destin's schedule becomes more and more hectic with Naruto and other projects. 2026 being Armor Wars, Shang-Chi 2, Spider-Man 4 and another film (maybe Doctor Strange or Young Avengers) feels like the right chord.
I didn’t know work for Shang-Chi 2 was close.

I didn’t know work for Shang-Chi 2 was close.
I mean--it isn't; but we know Destin moved from Avengers to focus in on other Marvel projects; likely Shang-Chi 2. Also sounds like they are beginning the buildup this year with the animated Wakanda series having elements that are going to factor into SC2.

And more importantly--albeit more simply; 2026 is a wildcard in uncertainty in what films are coming out then as a result (including Spider-Man 4 with Holland). With the shakeups happening with Avengers; it makes sense to delay both 5 and 6 by a year respectively to let the focus be on other films (like what has been rumored so-far; with Shang-Chi 2, Doctor Strange 3, Young Avengers, and Midnight Suns being rumored to be all in some form of development).

Add in Armor Wars; and that brings to form what the internal strategy is right now.

___
Moving back to Mando; I wonder how they're gonna handle Pedro for this--if it'll be the same as before or if they'll have him in the full suit for production of the film.

I mean--it isn't; but we know Destin moved from Avengers to focus in on other Marvel projects; likely Shang-Chi 2. Also sounds like they are beginning the buildup this year with the animated Wakanda series having elements that are going to factor into SC2.

And more importantly--albeit more simply; 2026 is a wildcard in uncertainty in what films are coming out then as a result (including Spider-Man 4 with Holland). With the shakeups happening with Avengers; it makes sense to delay both 5 and 6 by a year respectively to let the focus be on other films (like what has been rumored so-far; with Shang-Chi 2, Doctor Strange 3, Young Avengers, and Midnight Suns being rumored to be all in some form of development).

Add in Armor Wars; and that brings to form what the internal strategy is right now.

___
Moving back to Mando; I wonder how they're gonna handle Pedro for this--if it'll be the same as before or if they'll have him in the full suit for production of the film.
I think Pedro will be there when he needs to be…. Meaning when the helmet is off. The thing I wonder is if the helmet will be off quite a bit in the film so that they can take advantage of having Pascal in their film.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush