The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So my current October plans had Epcot/DHS (Star Wars fireworks show) and now this happens. Augh. May have to stretch to a 2nd day.

It looks really great, this is the perfect way to present the muppets! It does however not fit with the theme of the land, at what point do we start being honest and calling the parks amusement parks?

The show has now launched and with the name "The Muppet's Presents Great Moments in American History" and you know what..it's actually rather good for a street show.

This is exactly the type of show the MK has been missing. And it adds a bit of extra life to Liberty Square... especially since Hall of Presidents will be going down until next Summer with a new president being elected.

Reactions: rioriz
It looks really great, this is the perfect way to present the muppets! It does however not fit with the theme of the land, at what point do we start being honest and calling the parks amusement parks?
Do we JUST have a problem with this now? I mean, look at Tomorrowland with Buzz, Stitch and Monsters for years at this point. At least this is something good.

And let's be honest, Disney has a clear IP push these days, original ideas are a thing of the past. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Ryan
Do we JUST have a problem with this now? I mean, look at Tomorrowland with Buzz, Stitch and Monsters for years at this point. At least this is something good.

And let's be honest, Disney has a clear IP push these days, original ideas are a thing of the past. Unfortunately.
Definitely agree, it's a cumulative effect. I see this as a big positive for the park, mostly because I stopped expecting them to work within the theme of any given land years ago.

Hmm seems like a perfect fit for a colonial renactment by Muppets complete with a town cryer. I mean, it's not like there's an attraction with 1800s references or one featuring presidents including our modern day president along with a lobby that has modern artifacts.

People need to loosen the hell up. This is a great, hysterical, charming and wonderful show and thankful proof that all is not lost in regarding Disney's current treatment of the Muppets.

Hmm seems like a perfect fit for a colonial renactment by Muppets complete with a town cryer. I mean, it's not like there's an attraction with 1800s references or one featuring presidents including our modern day president along with a lobby that has modern artifacts.

People need to loosen the hell up. This is a great, hysterical, charming and wonderful show and thankful proof that all is not lost in regarding Disney's current treatment of the Muppets.

And the show is a Town Cryer, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Ben Franklin.
I agree it looks like a really great show! I think what made it seem off to me is that it's really one of the better things Disney has done lately and the out of place theme is the only thing keeping it from being perfect. Probably a little of the nostalgia of looking back on what a great theme park MK was in light of the 45th kind of made this feel off to me as well. I would totally be onboard with this if it had some transition from the themed Liberty Square into an enclosed theater like Hall of Presidents does, but this is literally Muppets hanging out the windows of what was originally interned to be colonial buildings. Over the years I've watched what was a really amazing themed park evolve into a kiddie park this is just another step in that evolution.

I agree it looks like a really great show! I think what made it seem off to me is that it's really one of the better things Disney has done lately and the out of place theme is the only thing keeping it from being perfect. Probably a little of the nostalgia of looking back on what a great theme park MK was in light of the 45th kind of made this feel off to me as well. I would totally be onboard with this if it had some transition from the themed Liberty Square into an enclosed theater like Hall of Presidents does, but this is literally Muppets hanging out the windows of what was originally interned to be colonial buildings. Over the years I've watched what was a really amazing themed park evolve into a kiddie park this is just another step in that evolution.
I don't understand what you mean by "out of place theme".

And The Muppets aren't aimed at children.

Last edited:

Liberty Square is not a 100% authentic colonial replication and has never meant to be. The theme is colonial times plus New England. I don't see how this is "out of place", and it's also ridiculous to call this a "kiddiefacation". Even EPCOT Center in the early 80s had some whimsy and levity.

The Muppets are teaching and recreating colonial history in a colonial-themed land. That sounds appropriate.

To me Muppets just don't contribute to an accurate representation of Colonial America.

Neither does clean running water. If you want a truly authentic representation, you can visit Williamsburg or Valley Forge. People are in a theme park to be entertained, first and foremost. This is a fun look at actual history, which is exactly what Disney is supposed to do. I sincerely cannot understand how this is a bad thing. They finally did something right. Let yourself enjoy it.

Neither does clean running water. If you want a truly authentic representation, you can visit Williamsburg or Valley Forge. People are in a theme park to be entertained, first and foremost. This is a fun look at actual history, which is exactly what Disney is supposed to do. I sincerely cannot understand how this is a bad thing. They finally did something right. Let yourself enjoy it.
Just to be clear I really like the show and I think it's a perfect way to represent the Muppets. I just found myself remembering that this was supposed to be a somewhat immersive themed environment. I don't think Disney respects the level of theming that was originally put into this land and many of the others throughout the resort. As was mentioned they designed this area with quite a bit of detail right down to a representation of the poop running through the street. At this point I don't think there's much of an expectation for Disney to work within their themes, MK and the other parks have become attractions with loose interpretations of a central idea rather than immersive areas to explore. This show is a perfect fit at present, an Imagineer who suggested this in the 70's or 80's would likely lose their job. In any case this was really just a minor observation on my part, I certainly don't mean to detract from praising Disney for actually doing something fairly well I think we all look past theming now at Disney anyway.