The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New article in the Sentinel with Dennis Spiegel stating that Epic will spur Disney to build a fifth park. I still don't think it will happen any time in the next 10-15 years, but he's an industry expert with lots of contacts in the business...

I mean I would loveeee Disney to make huge new lands and add them to the current parks.....But would also be down for a 5th park

Maybe we can finally get a US park that feels as cutting edge as The ones in China/Japan

When they are struggling to staff what they've got, building a fifth park and having to staff that is just foolish. Build out what's there first and then for the 100th you finally add a fifth park.

Maybe we can finally get a US park that feels as cutting edge as The ones in China/Japan
Ha. A dream is a wish your heart makes, Disney doesn't have a heart. So that dream is dead on arrival.

The US parks won't spend the money that gets spent in the overseas parks. Although it's not like they couldn't afford it with their current ticket prices alone

Reactions: mccgavin
You will - it's called Epic Universe ;)

When they are struggling to staff what they've got, building a fifth park and having to staff that is just foolish. Build out what's there first and then for the 100th you finally add a fifth park.
I mean I don't think they should rush into it, but I'm not sure they should wait until 2071 either lol

Add a spooky expansion path to New Fantasyland with Club Villain and the Paris Maleficent Dragon animatronic, and I think that's all Villains should get honestly. A full park is supremely overkill.

5th gate is not happening, and if it is, it will not be a good thing for anyone.

If Disney announced a new park coming it would be minimum of five years off, but mor realistically ten years off. That would put it around 2035 which is when I would guess Universal would also be ready to build a second park on the south campus.

Just thinking about it this way. Animal Kingdom is a zoo, EPCOT is science and international representation, Hollywood Studios is movies, and Magic Kingdom is fantasy. What would a fifth park be based around? Everything is already covered.
Mythology maybe? The hub would be based on the scrapped Beastly kingdom then do lands for various mythologies like Greek (Hercules), Pacific Island (Moana), Chinese (Mulan, Turning Red, plus a non-IP ride for Journey to the west), and Egypt (Moonknight plus a appearance of Doctor Strange for a-list Marvel character)

Mythology maybe? The hub would be based on the scrapped Beastly kingdom then do lands for various mythologies like Greek (Hercules), Pacific Island (Moana), Chinese (Mulan, Turning Red, plus a non-IP ride for Journey to the west), and Egypt (Moonknight plus a appearance of Doctor Strange for a-list Marvel character)
Why not just turn the mythology lands into EPCOT rides and pavilions? And Beastly Kingdom could easily go to Animal Kingdom like it was supposed to. Mythology doesn't really work.

Mythology doesn't really work.
Mythology totally works! (Granted I'm bias for Greek, Egyptian etc Mythology). As pointed out, there are different IPs that can be showcased within the lands but it'd also allow for some original or literature related content. The themes would be visually stunning too.

The problem is EPCOT doesn't have the space or specific countries to an extent. And Avatar sits where Beastly Kingdom was supposed to go