The Official Dudley Do-Rights Condition Thread | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official Dudley Do-Rights Condition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Splash Mountain, even in its sorriest of states, is eons better than Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls as a theme park attraction. Anyone who is suggesting otherwise clearly cannot evaluate the comparison objectively...

Now which is the better flume ride, distilling it down purely to its visceral ride elements and stripping away all the theming, then I suppose you'd have more of an argument on either side. But we're talking about theme park attractions, so the theme is in play - otherwise I could argue Mummy is a terrible ride and any other coaster is better because it's taller and has more drops.

I will never understand how anyone can think Dudley is even a good attraction, let alone better than Splash.

I think they offer different proucts. It's almost like comparing Mnt. Dew to Coca-Cola, sure they're both sodas and you technically can, but ultimtely they're very diiferent. Splash Moutain offers a much better story and immersive attraction. Dudley however, offers a lot of thrills and gets you soaked.

Well the real important thing, which you're all missing, is that Bilge Rat Barges is better than both of them! :hat: It has the thrills, gets you utterly and comprehensively drenched, and has awesome theming.

Slightly more on topic though, I really feel like Dudley's time must be up at some point soon. It's just become an anachronism when you consider the quality of everything else in the parks. I know supporters will cite the 2 hour queues it still gets on peak summer days, but I would put that down to desperation rather than any indication that the ride itself is actually 'good' by Universal standards.

Dudley ain't going anywhere. It's a signature ride for the park.

I think the ride with the golden ticket awards is the better ride. :cheers:

Splash = Great story and tension that builds to a satisfying conclusion

Dudley = Ok story that doesn't really build to one of the best drops in the park..and a surprise pop of air time

Splash may exceed in many areas, but Dudley has the better finale in my opinion.

Splash = Great story and tension that builds to a satisfying conclusion

Dudley = Ok story that doesn't really build to one of the best drops in the park..and a surprise pop of air time

Splash may exceed in many areas, but Dudley has the better finale in my opinion.

I still remember when I was 8, 55 pounds, and rode this back when it was without a lap bar. I was about to catapult out of my seat during the final drop :lol: refused to ride it for 7 years after that