Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread

I think the best example of an attraction without screens is Indiana Jones... Incredible queue, great build up, but the ride surpasses the queue. The ride is action packed, fast, slow, and epic. I honestly was hoping Kong would be more like that, in fact it kind builds itself up to be a lot like Indiana Jones, and then it kinda falls flat.

There are most certainly ways to build action packed rides, without screens.
I would have put up with Disney fans continued complaints and boycotts to have a Kong version of Indian Jones

I decided to ride Spiderman with my glasses off a couple of visits ago...The ride still holds up due to all of the practical set work that they decided to do...Event eh flying sequences have stuff around you...If I tried to do that with Kong it probably wouldn't bode well
I have done Kong without the glasses. It was OK (had seen it first with them on) but I had never seen a 3D tunnel until then so that still wows me. Even if I can see the edges it just is so much all at once and so clear (with glasses) I am blown away every time.

I don't care one way or the other about screennzzzz, just give me a good, entertaining ride that does not leave me sick and I am happy.

I have done Kong without the glasses. It was OK (had seen it first with them on) but I had never seen a 3D tunnel until then so that still wows me. Even if I can see the edges it just is so much all at once and so clear (with glasses) I am blown away every time.

I don't care one way or the other about screennzzzz, just give me a good, entertaining ride that does not leave me sick and I am happy.
:thumbsup: Me too. That entire 3D tunnel sequence is the most enjoyable 2 minutes I've experienced on any attraction anywhere.

And now F&F is poised to cheapen that unique experience.

This really gets right to the heart of my SCREENZ issues. Just as I view Transformers as a completely redundant experience at the resort (because everything it does Spider-Man does better), I suspect my reaction to F&F will be similar with respect to Kong. F&F won't retroactively hurt Kong, but it will (almost certainly) pale in comparison to it.

To put it another way, when multiple rides start using the same neat and unique gimmick, it quickly ceases to be a neat and unique gimmick.

This really gets right to the heart of my SCREENZ issues. Just as I view Transformers as a completely redundant experience at the resort (because everything it does Spider-Man does better), I suspect my reaction to F&F will be similar with respect to Kong. F&F won't retroactively hurt Kong, but it will (almost certainly) pale in comparison to it.

To put it another way, when multiple rides start using the same neat and unique gimmick, it quickly ceases to be a neat and unique gimmick.
Transformers is basically a more high speed Spiderman with less practical effects..I think they both do well in what they are trying to achieve

Yeah. The Gringotts free fall, even Transformers, feels forced. Not so on Spider-Man or Kong.

Then again we are the only place with both Spidey and TF to even have this comparison possible.
You're right - that is the weakest scene in the ride IMO, should have had some better use of trick track, but whatevs