The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot of stuff that’s been rumored but not discussed.

I’ll say this, even before the pandemic, the event most of you expected is not the event you were most likely to get.

For better or worse?

Could we expect a case similar to HHN 11?

Okay here is another guess and I'll stop for today:
Perry the Platypus - Giant Platypus.
The giant platypus is extinct.
There is a movie coming out called Extinct.
Ken Jeong is in it and was in Goosebumps 2.
A Goosebumps house?

There’s a lot of stuff that’s been rumored but not discussed.

I’ll say this, even before the pandemic, the event most of you expected is not the event you were most likely to get.

I love this for three main reasons. Firstly, suggests that originals are going to outnumber IPs and they finally get their due.

Secondly, suggests A&D finally acknowledge the IP well is drying up, and need to be more selective and clever with use of IPs going forward.

Thirdly, suggests that we are in for a wild ride with surprise announcements, and we should expect the unexpected. Makes this year all the more exciting and unpredictable.

I’ve always found the original houses much more fun and scary and really hope the event goes back to this, with a couple of IPs to complement it.

I love this for three main reasons. Firstly, suggests that originals are going to outnumber IPs and they finally get their due.

Secondly, suggests A&D finally acknowledge the IP well is drying up, and need to be more selective and clever with use of IPs going forward.

Thirdly, suggests that we are in for a wild ride with surprise announcements, and we should expect the unexpected. Makes this year all the more exciting and unpredictable.

I’ve always found the original houses much more fun and scary and really hope the event goes back to this, with a couple of IPs to complement it.

Please happen please happen please happen (HHN 30 in 2020 I mean).

For better or worse?

Could we expect a case similar to HHN 11?
As I said: Even before the pandemic. I‘m not expecting drastic changes to event based on current events. No need, with the lineup I’m anticipating.

... sounds exactly what people have been talking up since November.

Again, the event people are expecting is not likely to be event that they’re getting.

As I said: Even before the pandemic. I‘m not expecting drastic changes to event based on current events. No need, with the lineup I’m anticipating.

So I'm guessing the IP lineup is basically like last year? As long as Haunting of Hill House is there, that will be one anchor IP that's not family friendly.

... sounds exactly what people have been talking up since November.

Again, the event people are expecting is not likely to be event that they’re getting.

Hence the misquoted reply "That's not all, Folks..." We're getting more IP's than anticipated, aren't we?

• Sad
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Welp. My expectations for this year are gone now. :(

At least we have one true scary IP (I had such hope when you said it's what you would announce first). Around how many originals are you hearing? I’m guessing that since they couldn’t find a single IP as big as ST has been they decided to make up for it with quantity?

Basically, is there anything in the lineup that will make the fans happy?

Last edited:
Welp. My expectations for this year are gone now. :(

At least we have one true scary IP (I had such hope when you said it's what you would announce first). Around how many originals are you hearing? I’m guessing that since they couldn’t find a single IP as big as ST has been they decided to make up for it with quantity?

Basically, is there anything in the lineup that will make the fans happy?
As always, depends on the fan.

Naturally. Did Aiello leaving cause them to increase the IP count?

Seriously, I would be happy with a split and six "straight" houses. And hopefully one really innovative, unique concept in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Naturally. Did Aiello leaving cause them to increase the IP count?

Seriously, I would be happy with a split and six "straight" houses. And hopefully one really innovative, unique concept in there somewhere.
I think you’re forgetting that the reliance on IPs occurred while Mike was in charge of the event. The bulk of this was still influenced by him as well, considering they started planning this year last May.

I think you’re forgetting that the reliance on IPs occurred while Mike was in charge of the event. The bulk of this was still influenced by him as well, considering they started planning this year last May.

I was just interpreting this as another increase in IP number, and that he might have been the reason we've even had 4-5 originals the last few years. But if it's the same ratio as we've had the past few years, then okay.

(Assuming 10 houses) worst case for me (aside from the obvious, I mean) would be 7:3 with mostly family IPs, and the three originals being another "kitchen sink" anniversary house, Scarecrow repeat and IDK, an import of one of Hollywood's originals from the past year (I AM NOT trying to jab Hollywood, I'm just saying that if we're only allowed three originals, I would rather it be something "new").

Last edited:
If I could interject for a moment. I just want HHN to happen and for it to be fun and well done. I really enjoy Legacy's puzzles, and I certainly (like everyone) have my wish list (Hellraiser, The Thing, Suspiria). But, with a very few exceptions (like the new Black Christmas), I'm gonna be excited for whatever comes. And THIS is the reason: Just 8 months ago, I was SUPER psyched for Ghostbusters. The things I was least excited about? A house called Graveyard Games (sounds boring) and a weird Lagoon show (yeah, whatever). Obviously, we all know how that went. So, what I'm suggesting (not that my opinion on this matters anymore than anyone else's) is - don't get to worried about which properties are actually going to come or not. Enjoy the speculation and rumors and figuring out clues and all that, but don't get too high or too low on any one rumor because, in the end, it's not gonna make or break your HHN experience. Goodnight all and stay safe!

To be honest, I'm fine with this little tidbit. Yeah, I'd be totally down for a year where there's more Original houses than IP's. But considering I was expecting that for this year and it may not be the case, well that could offer some surprises right there!

An it should be mentioned that year after year, what matters most is the ultimate execution of the house itself. Great concepts can whiff, and seemingly underwhelming ideas can end up terrifying in the best way possible.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
To be honest, I'm fine with this little tidbit. Yeah, I'd be totally down for a year where there's more Original houses than IP's. But considering I was expecting that for this year and it may not be the case, well that could offer some surprises right there!

An it should be mentioned that year after year, what matters most is the ultimate execution of the house itself. Great concepts can whiff, and seemingly underwhelming ideas can end up terrifying in the best way possible.

CGY :'(

Dang I quit looking at this page cause the epidemic stuff has me busy and all of a sudden the event sounds...ummm interesting to say the least... hopefully it doesn’t get canceled this year but not sure I would miss some of the rumors this year...
Just curious when did the IP/OG ratio rumor supposedly change?
Honestly as long as we still see a terra house I think I’ll be ok but I truly hope we see more then just haunting as a true horror property.

Last edited:
Dang I quit looking at this page cause the epidemic stuff has me busy and all of a sudden the event sounds...ummm interesting to say the least... hopefully it doesn’t get canceled this year but not sure I would miss some of the rumors this year...
Just curious when did the IP/OG ratio rumor supposedly change?
Honestly as long as we still see a terra house I think I’ll be ok but I truly hope we see more then just haunting as a true horror property.

I don’t think it ever “changed” per say.

That said, if the lineup sounds bad I’ll just not attend. Simple as that. In the meantime I can have fun speculating. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.