The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 380 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought, with the potential of Eilish being this years super trippy house and the possibility of it having the vortex tunnel, is it possible it could be a 3D house?

(Which I wouldn't mind since I seem to be the only person that genuinely loves 3D houses.)

Last edited:
Just thought, with the potential of Eilish being this years super trippy house and the possibility of it having the vortex tunnel, is it possible it could be a 3D house?

(Which I wouldn't mind since I seem to be the only person that genuinely loves 3D houses.)
Since 3D glasses aren’t even being used on 3D rides, and as much as I’d love to see it, I doubt they’d go 3D unless Something drastically changes

edit: Nvm, didn’t know what I was talking about. My bad haha

Last edited:
A 3D house would be awesome we haven’t. seen one since hhn 26.
Not necessarily. Universal doesn't have the best track record with 3d houses. I've experienced six of them. One was awesome. Two were decent and the other three ranged from sub-par to just plain awful. Though, leaving corona concerns to the side, we are kind of due for another.

1. The In-Between
-------
2. Asylum in Wonderland 3D
3. Jack's Funhouse
-------
4. Penn & Teller
5. Lunatic's Playground 3D
6. Afterlife: Death's Vengeance

Not necessarily. Universal doesn't have the best track record with 3d houses. I've experienced six of them. One was awesome. Two were decent and the other three ranged from sub-par to just plain awful. Though, leaving corona concerns to the side, we are kind of due for another.

1. The In-Between
-------
3. Jack's Funhouse
-------
4. Penn & Teller
Asylum was my very first house ever, so that probably plays a role in my love for 3D houses.

• Love
Reactions: snayberry

1. The In-Between
-------
3. Jack's Funhouse
-------
4. Penn & Teller
That is true I’ve only seen two 3D houses both were alright they weren’t the best. the only reason i said it would be awesome is because we haven’t seen one in a while. so mabey if they do a 3D house it will have big improvements.

So how many houses overall should have some element of comedy to them? I like a couple of funny ones but it's better that most of them take themselves seriously.

(HHN doldrums...)

So how many houses overall should have some element of comedy to them? I like a couple of funny ones but it's better that most of them take themselves seriously.

(HHN doldrums...)
That's a tough question because your definition of a comedy house can vary from mine. For example, Slaughter Sinema had a very campy 80's B-Movie feel to it, so does that qualify as comedy? I found myself jumping a lot in there, but also grinning ear to ear with just how much of an enjoyably good time it was. I guess what I would say is that it's more important that guests can be immersed and lose themselves in the house rather than just paint it as comedy vs serious houses.

Generally speaking, I think they've done a good job at that the past few years. Blumhouse (HHN28) and much of Stranger Things (HHN29) were the only ones that I really felt like I never could buy into the moment.

That is true I’ve only seen two 3D houses both were alright they weren’t the best. the only reason i said it would be awesome is because we haven’t seen one in a while. so mabey if they do a 3D house it will have big improvements.
Universal has proven (to me) that they are capable of producing an awesome 3d house. But, typically the 3d houses are low-budget houses. I think it's an uphill battle to create a great 3d haunt, as many come across as just using a gimmick to hide lackluster sets.

(HHN doldrums...)
There's only one that jumps out at me. One that I would label "comedy."

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
My feeling on Eilish potentially being 3D shares the same feeling I have for other 3D houses, in that (with the exception of AiW, which I felt fit), 3D does more to cripple a concept than help it.

Also some extra context, I didn’t get to see In-Between so maybe my perspective would be a bit different if I had.

Universal has proven (to me) that they are capable of producing an awesome 3d house. But, typically the 3d houses are low-budget houses. I think it's an uphill battle to create a great 3d haunt, as many come across as just using a gimmick to hide lackluster sets.

There's only one that jumps out at me. One that I would label "comedy."
Ironically, The In-Between was actually one of the costlier houses that year, because they purchased new (and expensive) lighting effects specifically for that house.

This is horribly off topic and I apologize for that, not sure where else to ask this. Will happily delete if I get a response.

I'm in the midst of designing a House and really need reference to how ceilings/high framework are done. Can't find much in regards to this as it's such a niche question. Hoping someone more experienced in the field could help out. Again, sorry for such an off topic post. I'll delete if asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.