The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 383 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year there's at least one, usually two that aren't (KK and HoTC last year, TrT and HoB year before, etc.). But perhaps this year is different (more than it already is, I mean).

I mean, if you look at this year’s (let’s go off the TPU Lineup as the “closest to”) IPs:
  • Beetlejuice is the Ghostbusters pseudo-comedy “all ages” (don’t kill me) equivalent.
  • Hill House is the hot “new” recent Netflix horror series.
  • Billie Eilish is a hot pseudo-horror pop prospect that Marketing was pushing in in the first place.
  • TCM would be a repeat, but with a few years on it, basically playing a FvJ esque role in this lineup.
  • UM is a direct sequel to something that was already quasi-original in a way last year and it’s not a sequel in the ST / TWD “new hot season” way. It just seems like the odd one out.

Reactions: londonwerecat
To tip my hat..I think for the sake of HHN, the big IP that will be more heavily marketed, is Beetlejuice and that of The Haunting of.

Both have their reasons, but the biggest lies to two.
  • For Beetlejuice, I agree that it's very much the Ghostbusters/ST of the year--filling to a nostalgic audience that loves Beetlejuice and the imagery of Tim Burton. Combine that with a large promotional blow-out for the beetle man, and I can see that working for not just Orlando but Hollywood too.
  • The Haunting of, will allow them to go much more in the paranormal aspect, but not only continuing to use the backlog of Netflix's horror roster, but to also promote Bly Manor, which I strangely do see happening. That, alongside being able to fully go into Hill House (even if I haven't seen the show, I still see a lot of reactions from it).

To tip my hat..I think for the sake of HHN, the big IP that will be more heavily marketed, is Beetlejuice and that of The Haunting of.

Both have their reasons, but the biggest lies to two.
  • For Beetlejuice, I agree that it's very much the Ghostbusters/ST of the year--filling to a nostalgic audience that loves Beetlejuice and the imagery of Tim Burton. Combine that with a large promotional blow-out for the beetle man, and I can see that working for not just Orlando but Hollywood too.
  • The Haunting of, will allow them to go much more in the paranormal aspect, but not only continuing to use the backlog of Netflix's horror roster, but to also promote Bly Manor, which I strangely do see happening. That, alongside being able to fully go into Hill House (even if I haven't seen the show, I still see a lot of reactions from it).
It also helps that beetlejuice himself fits in well with the vintage HHN logo, if the rumors of them going with a retro look are true.

Just wondering aloud here, but does anyone have any guesses as to why new Gremlins merch dropped at the Stuntacular store and could that mean anything more?

Just wondering aloud here, but does anyone have any guesses as to why new Gremlins merch dropped at the Stuntacular store and could that mean anything more?

Could be they're testing the waters for bringing it to the park in some capacity at some time.

Could be that guest's frequently list it on their survey responses for something they'd like to see in the park, at HHN, etc so they're just trying to make a buck off it.

Could be that Steven Spielberg / Amblin have a huge presence at Universal and they are involved with that movie so maybe they somehow worked out an agreement for merchandise sales.

Could be that Warners produced a bunch of Gremlins merch for their Horror Lives Here (or whatever it was called) event for last year to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the movie, then didn't have the event, and needed to dump it somewhere to cut their losses.

It could be anything. I wouldn't read too far into it...but the fact that they have it might be a good indication of things to possibly come. Of course,if anything did come of it, there could just be a person in a Gizmo suit walking around the park as a Photo Op or some new green icey drink that is said to be a blended up gremlin. Ha ha ha.

I don't have any insight here, so take this with a grain of salt, but we haven't ruled out the possibility of it being a scarezone. Puppeteers activating chaotic moments on different stage scenes throughout a zone and startling guests, could be a fun way to keep everyone safe and on their toes.

I don't have any insight here, so take this with a grain of salt, but we haven't ruled out the possibility of it being a scarezone. Puppeteers activating chaotic moments on different stage scenes throughout a zone and startling guests, could be a fun way to keep everyone safe and on their toes.
Oh man I think I would actually cry from excitement!!!!!! So I know there’s been talks of no fog this year but what about the fake snow stuff? I could see a gremlins zone being set during Christmas with some snow flying around!

I hope this isn’t to off topic but what Properties do y’all think would make good stage scarezones this year? Doubt it will happen but I think a hellraiser zone could be cool!

I hope this isn’t to off topic but what Properties do y’all think would make good stage scarezones this year? Doubt it will happen but I think a hellraiser zone could be cool!
I'm still very much in the creepshow boat, though I realized with Sephen King reclaiming the rights to a lot of his properties in the last few and upcoming few years, the original might be out of reach soon.

I know we’re bored and this thread is more active, but, since we don’t know for a fact yet exactly how the scarezones will be set up this year, and Hellraiser wasn’t a heavily speculated IP for this year (to my knowledge, please correct me if I’m wrong) maybe you can add it to the wishlist thread?

HHN Wish List Thread

Even though that thread may not get as much traffic as this one, if anyone hasn’t participated in it you can always opt in to “watch” and you’ll get emailed when there’s new replies.

Rocky Horror Picture Show

They already have the foundation for it - the costumes, the music, etc. Not sure if it's even possible to get the rights again at this point tho. But it would definitely make a good stage SZ imo.

Rocky Horror Picture Show

They already have the foundation for it - the costumes, the music, etc. Not sure if it's even possible to get the rights again at this point tho. But it would definitely make a good stage SZ imo.

I know this is more wish list... but I really like this idea. If there's a successor to the Rob Zombie scare zone this feels like this is it. Plus it acts as a bit of history too.

I know this is more wish list... but I really like this idea. If there's a successor to the Rob Zombie scare zone this feels like this is it. Plus it acts as a bit of history too.
Yeah for sure. And I apologize for putting it in the spec thread - just wanted to give an answer to Tryston on the topic. It does seem like a really good year to bring it back as a stage show - maybe in San Francisco. Again, though, the rights could be an issue with 20th Century Fox now owned by Disney. Another one that could potentially "fit the bill" of a social distancing stage show SZ would be something like Little Shop Of Horrors. But, as you said, I don't want to get into unspeculated ideas too much. It's just tough with exactly zero SZ information out there, and the SZs are occasionally my favorite thing at HHN (Vamp '55 for example).

I know it ain't coming this year, but one house I still hope comes eventually is Scream, considering how screwed over it got in 25. Maybe next year when Scream 5 releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.