The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 385 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky Horror Picture Show

They already have the foundation for it - the costumes, the music, etc. Not sure if it's even possible to get the rights again at this point tho. But it would definitely make a good stage SZ imo.

Problem is if you use any sort of sound clips from the film, you're going to get the callbacks from the fans. (I'm not even much of a fan, I hear "Brad Majors" I'm screaming an expletive like Pavlov's dog). The callbacks--which have some how gotten dirtier since the late 80s/90s--seemed to be one of the main issues that doomed the live show.

Also you're going to get way to many fans doing The Time Warp in the middle of the street which is not going to help guest flow.

Reactions: rinacee
If they do Rocky Horror Picture I think they will bring the show back. Plus it’s an easy way to disperse crowds. It use to be in the Beetlejuice venue during HHN so not quite sure where they could place it.

Actually, it's through Spyglass. There's still a slight Disney connection, but it shouldn't keep it from being licensed if they can work everything else out.

Really? I was listening to a podcast with Rose McGowan and she said it’s being done through Miramax, which is why she won’t return.

Edit: Found the Deadline article confirming it’s Spyglass. Maybe I misheard her comments and she said it’s being done with people from Miramax.

Reactions: DannyPowers
I gotta say, this is my favorite forum moment since the guy that insisted a wooden coaster was replacing KidZone.

I think the app experience, if it comes, could be a REALLY cool way to experience the event. Although, I imagine having Express would probably lessen how much you actually use it. If they pull it off though, it'd be a major Rocky moment.

Really? I was listening to a podcast with Rose McGowan and she said it’s being done through Miramax, which is why she won’t return.

Edit: Found the Deadline article confirming it’s Spyglass. Maybe I misheard her comments and she said it’s being done with people from Miramax.

It's also possible that she wasn't asked to come back...or she's a bit crazy...or both.

I gotta say, this is my favorite forum moment since the guy that insisted a wooden coaster was replacing KidZone.

I think the app experience, if it comes, could be a REALLY cool way to experience the event. Although, I imagine having Express would probably lessen how much you actually use it. If they pull it off though, it'd be a major Rocky moment.
I can’t imagine having an app basically controlling my night. The reason I say that is because if Universal’s app is already glitchy at times, imagine during HHN?

I can’t imagine having an app basically controlling my night. The reason I say that is because if Universal’s app is already glitchy at times, imagine during HHN?
Yeah I've got to agree with you on that. As much as I love the app, it can be very broken at times. I had to wait like 2 hours once because the app didn't register that I had ordered food. Im not sure Universal's servers could handle the amount of people coming to HHN. mostly likely the servers would crash a lot.

For people who plan Disney trips, living by an app is already the name of the game.

I'm curious how reduced capacity the park will be or what they will to to increase capacity. For the diehards like us, we'll go in some form or fashion but not everyone is going to make the trek. Hopefully with lower attendance and everyone being forced to use the app, the servers will hold steady and stays solid once people book this house order or however it will work.

Assuming this is using similar tech based off its virtual line system for the ride and Volcano Bay, you'll probably get a barcode or QR code to validate your reservation to be let into the queue and if it works like Fast and Furious or Jimmy Fallon, I'd take a screenshot on my phone as soon as it appears on my phone so I have a record of it in case the app crashes while pulling it up again.

For people who plan Disney trips, living by an app is already the name of the game.

I'm curious how reduced capacity the park will be or what they will to to increase capacity. For the diehards like us, we'll go in some form or fashion but not everyone is going to make the trek. Hopefully with lower attendance and everyone being forced to use the app, the servers will hold steady and stays solid once people book this house order or however it will work.

Assuming this is using similar tech based off its virtual line system for the ride and Volcano Bay, you'll probably get a barcode or QR code to validate your reservation to be let into the queue and if it works like Fast and Furious or Jimmy Fallon, I'd take a screenshot on my phone as soon as it appears on my phone so I have a record of it in case the app crashes while pulling it up again.
this is unrelated, but I like your profile picture.

• Love
Reactions: MrBlonde

I am very curious to see how the crowds will look as well. With 26 being my first time at HHN/Universal, I'd like to experience a relatively low-crowd HHN.

Reactions: londonwerecat

I was actually talking about that with a buddy of mine the other day. Seems like taking a screenshot would be smart just incase the app crashes.

I’m going to do the wise decision and take choice a. I won’t bring up iron maiden in this specific thread anymore. I’m not even lying the @Gary lazereyes isn’t mine it’s my brothers .
Yeah ok, I knew that you'd pull the "that's my brothers account." Don't lie, you even look more guilty man. I don't think your choice matters if you don't fess up about your alt.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Status
Not open for further replies.