The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to early September when “priorities changed” and “the virus impact wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be” when the reality is that they were looking at having to hire 100 people to limp along another Parks Technology boondoggle.

I was responding to your initial post about it being "fantasy dressed up as a rumor". It wasn't fantasy. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: londonwerecat
At the very least, it'll be a unique experience that everyone who attends will be able to look back on down the road and be like "I remember that one year with the virus they had to reconfigure the entire process and it was a totally different experience". One of those stories old people tell their kids of days long past and so forth. While it might not be what we're used to, expect, or even want, it will definitely be unique and probably pretty wild. I'd suggest everyone just go with the flow and be happy we're at least getting an HHN this year.

Well, one of my biggest wishes for the event this year was to try something new, and we just might get it--for better or worse.

Reactions: JJ591
I am going out on a huge limb here with these guesses.

Guess #1: Pitch Black or something related.

Guess #2: The Cave???

Guess #3: Something related to DC (Vin Diesel is in several Marvel movies, and Marvel does superheroes, as well as DC.)

Sorry if these are far out.
They did Pitch Black awhile ago and I don’t remember it being very good. The whole idea of not seeing anything didn’t work. Bloodshot maybe? That movie did so poorly monitarilary I can’t imagine it would be much of a draw. Ugh! A Quiet Place would be perfect and coincide with the release of the second movie.

Reactions: SirAustin77
They did Pitch Black awhile ago and I don’t remember it being very good. The whole idea of not seeing anything didn’t work. Bloodshot maybe? That movie did so poorly monitarilary I can’t imagine it would be much of a draw. Ugh! A Quiet Place would be perfect and coincide with the release of the second movie.

How DID they cram two houses in SS22? (Pitch Black was roommates with the very first Scary Tales.)

I don't think it's just Vin Diesel related. There are many things of note that stand out in the image that set it apart from just being a picture of Vin.
1. It's an action figure
2. The figure comes with a mask that's not on in that photo
3. The name of the action figure

I don't have any leads but I don't think just jumping off of the actor is a good start otherwise it can lead anywhere.

Now on the other hand Vin Diesel is in the Fate of the Furious with the Rock. Furthermore, the ride F&F Turbo Charged replaced Disaster also had the Rock in it. In fact you could say F&FTC was applied over Disaster. Since the action figure is Vin Diesel doesn't have a mask, we need to look under, once again, pointing at Disaster and the Rock. The large chainsaw the action figure has? A concrete saw. Now what is concrete? A rock.

Now I know what you're thinking - after the success of the Undertaker house, HHN is finally bringing us the WWE sequel we've all wanted staring the Rock.

That's far too simple however. We're not amateurs and a true speculator knows when to look where these signs are all pointing.

We have at least 3 Rock references.
Rock + Rock = Hard Rock
Hard Rock + Rock = Metal.

The clue is clearly referring to a house that's coming for a metal band. And because the figures name has the word 'Boss' in it, it's clearly one of the big ones. One that's name includes something harder than a rock. And since this secret is so enclosed, perhaps it's a combination of something harder than a rock combined with an enclosure of sorts.

I rest my case

I'm just go as basic as possible
Vin Diesel was in Fast and the Furious
Fast and the Furious Supercharged replaced Beetlejuices Graveyard Revue
Beetlejuice, Universal Monsters, or Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute (or all 3)

Close.
Fast and the Furious Supercharged sucks
So do black holes
-> Event Horizon

:dance:

I don't think it's just Vin Diesel related. There are many things of note that stand out in the image that set it apart from just being a picture of Vin.
1. It's an action figure
2. The figure comes with a mask that's not on in that photo
3. The name of the action figure

I don't have any leads but I don't think just jumping off of the actor is a good start otherwise it can lead anywhere.

Now on the other hand Vin Diesel is in the Fate of the Furious with the Rock. Furthermore, the ride F&F Turbo Charged replaced Disaster also had the Rock in it. In fact you could say F&FTC was applied over Disaster. Since the action figure is Vin Diesel doesn't have a mask, we need to look under, once again, pointing at Disaster and the Rock. The large chainsaw the action figure has? A concrete saw. Now what is concrete? A rock.

Now I know what you're thinking - after the success of the Undertaker house, HHN is finally bringing us the WWE sequel we've all wanted staring the Rock.

That's far too simple however. We're not amateurs and a true speculator knows when to look where these signs are all pointing.

We have at least 3 Rock references.
Rock + Rock = Hard Rock
Hard Rock + Rock = Metal.

The clue is clearly referring to a house that's coming for a metal band. And because the figures name has the word 'Boss' in it, it's clearly one of the big ones. One that's name includes something harder than a rock. And since this secret is so enclosed, perhaps it's a combination of something harder than a rock combined with an enclosure of sorts.

I rest my case

260px-Darkspear_Troll_Playable.jpg

The band that shall not be named = new "giant tent over USF/IOA."

I know it's not going to happen but I would love Event Horizon for the fifth IP.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight Detective
Re: speculation around app or VQ management -- I tend to side with the side skeptical of execution. Universal's app was so buggy last year, combined with an even more buggy fingerprint ID system that eventually just had Guest Services print me hard tickets that ... well, Universal is the only park where it's actually just been easier to have hard tickets than an app/band.

So I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Universal managing event operations digitally, on a wide scale.

Also -- they should really consider an Iron Maiden house instead of Billie Eilish.

I mean, I can't lie I read into that clue more as a joke retort (i.e. someone was doubting the virtual queue being an actual rumor, so then, boom, a rumor clue featuring a franchise with virtual queue options).

If I were to extrapolate, however, we have a Fast and the Furious clue, which would reference the lackluster ride, which itself occupies the husk of the former Disaster ride, which ITSELF was a retheme of Earthquake...

A tie to Earthquakes AAAAAND a history of the unwilling and unholy reanimation of a corpse (of a ride)?!?

Boom. Earthquake zombies. (...only partially kidding :lol:)

I always tease the idea of Spooky and Jinglecharged to the Entertainment team during interviews. It’s become a thing now haha

Not exactly the same, but it worked surprisingly well with The Polar Express in Sea World. Only time I saw White Thunder have real lines.

I am going out on a huge limb here with these guesses.

Guess #1: Pitch Black or something related.

Guess #2: The Cave???

Guess #3: Something related to DC (Vin Diesel is in several Marvel movies, and Marvel does superheroes, as well as DC.)

Sorry if these are far out.

No to all of these, but I see now how speculation gets out of control. Things I never considered as potential answers would actually be really cool (Midnight Detective and IHateJumpScares had some great ideas as well). Sadly, and YMMV, but this is actually bad news IMO.

I'm just go as basic as possible
Fast and the Furious Supercharged replaced Beetlejuices Graveyard Revue
Beetlejuice, Universal Monsters, or Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute (or all 3)

Halfway there. But BJ coming is already conventional wisdom, isn't it?

Now that I can see the picture, is this for tent 1?

I don't know any HHN house locations. So possibly, but I'd be a bit surprised.

Is Take 2 part of the clue? I am still hoping that somehow this TCM house is related to the All Nite Die-In franchise.

No I just don't know how to post pictures here.

I mean, I can't lie I read into that clue more as a joke retort (i.e. someone was doubting the virtual queue being an actual rumor, so then, boom, a rumor clue featuring a franchise with virtual queue options).

If I were to extrapolate, however, we have a Fast and the Furious clue, which would reference the lackluster ride, which itself occupies the husk of the former Disaster ride, which ITSELF was a retheme of Earthquake...

A tie to Earthquakes AAAAAND a history of the unwilling and unholy reanimation of a corpse (of a ride)?!?

Boom. Earthquake zombies. (...only partially kidding :lol:)

Nothing to do with virtual queue, legit "big" news, at least as far as HHN super-fans go. Full disclosure, I forgot there were rumors of an earthquake zombie house when I posted it -- so no, not related to that at all. For the record, I'd consider an earthquake house with lava zombies good news, not bad news.

Take 2:

Too late to get in on the clue game? Nope, this is HHN, it's never too late.

Sadly, and YMMV, but this is actually bad news IMO.
- Vin Diesel
- Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious
- Fast and Furious 9 is the next in the franchise to come out
- Michael Rooker is the new addition to the franchise as he will appear in Fast and Furious 9
- Michael Rooker was a mainstay in the first 3 seasons of The Walking Dead

GUESS: The Walking Dead will be represented in the anniversary house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.