The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was confirmed by the Universal call center. This makes me wonder if the Non-Private R.I.P. Tours will also be cancelled, seeing as how it wouldn't be smart to mix strangers together.

It would be so sad if they cancelled the Behind the Screams tour, but I get it, it's super cramped back there and having ~10 people all crowding around one person speaking would be problematic.

This was confirmed by the Universal call center. This makes me wonder if the Non-Private R.I.P. Tours will also be cancelled, seeing as how it wouldn't be smart to mix strangers together.
It would be so sad if they cancelled the Behind the Screams tour, but I get it, it's super cramped back there and having ~10 people all crowding around one person speaking would be problematic.

I'm assuming all of those special offerings are gonna be like, singular parties only and super competitive to get a ticket for. If they do happen, that is.

I honestly just want any announcement right now. Im tired of being patient.

When do you all think they gonna announce anything?

I was hoping that they would announce something soon after the TV spot was finished filming, but I guess they need to spend some time editing that.

Reactions: maroonmol

I was hoping that they would announce something soon after the TV spot was finished filming, but I guess they need to spend some time editing that.
Not soon. There is so much uncertainty right now, and things are trending downward, why would they announce anything?

Honestly I wish they would announce a current state of if or if not there would be a event this year and what to expect. Some people need to book flights and everything and there’s just so much unknown right now some kind of feedback would be nice
The thing is i'm not sure if they even know 100%. They really want an event. It's all planned out and houses are built. They're even casting. But at the rate Florida is going, it's getting into the sort of situation where you can't say anything with certainty right now.

The thing is i'm not sure if they even know 100%. They really want an event. It's all planned out and houses are built. But at the rate Florida is going, it's getting into the sort of situation where you can't say anything with certainty right now.
I get that completely my only concern is let’s say hypothetically the parks close down again temporarily. Will they announce there is no hhn when that happens or will they hope to be open up by then again. It’s a complete mess and nobody knows what’s happening it just would feel nice to hear universal say something on the matter

I get that completely my only concern is let’s say hypothetically the parks close down again temporarily. Will they announce there is no hhn when that happens or will they hope to be open up by then again. It’s a complete mess and nobody knows what’s happening it just would feel nice to hear universal say something on the matter

I don't even think they have an answer to that. If they had to shut down again, there's no saying how long it would be. There's just no predicting this unfortunately. I don't think any of us expected us to nearly double in cases overnight and that was less than 6 hours ago. It's just far too hard to predict 3 months out at this point sadly. They'd love nothing more than to start marketing this and get the money they desperately need rolling in.

They're going to wait till the last minute

I'm totally expecting them to put everything out a few weeks before the event

Announcements will be nill

Given all of the need for reduced capacity due to social distancing, I kinda think the announcements will barely be there beyond headliners and "Come on in, We're Open."

The entire point of announcements is to sell vacations and convince people to come down so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they whip people into a frenzy to go to an event that doesn't have the capacity like it has in the past.

Honestly I kinda hope this year is hhn 30 and next year has the same line up that way we can all experience these houses and not be restricted due to a pandemic. Like let’s say there is no frequent fear this year would anybody honestly complain that this year and next year has the same houses given the circumstance?

Honestly I kinda hope this year is hhn 30 and next year has the same line up that way we can all experience these houses and not be restricted due to a pandemic. Like let’s say there is no frequent fear this year would anybody honestly complain that this year and next year has the same houses given the circumstance?
Yes. If that happens just cancel this year.

I will say about casting... nobody has heard back yet still. Normally by now the first group to audition would've at least heard if it was a no and likely if it was a yes, given it's been roughly 2.5 weeks (submissions began on June 9th). I'm wondering if there's a hold on casting right now because of uncertainty around the event.

I will say about casting... nobody has heard back yet still. Normally by now the first group to audition would've at least heard if it was a no and likely if it was a yes, given it's been roughly 2.5 weeks (submissions began on June 9th), i'm wondering if there's a hold on casting right now because of uncertainty around the event.

Pretty sure the same is true for Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.