The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 478 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know enough about any of the houses to hazard guesses on the quality of any of them. Do we know what the monsters in Theater or Pumpkin King are? Do we know what scenes are in the anniversary house, or who all is included in the icon house? Do we know, for sure, that any of the IPs won’t be pulled last minute?

Make guesses all you want, but you’ll be making them with almost no actual information.
Yeah, exactly. I feel like people are really getting antsy since nothing has been made official which is why this kind of convo is happening, it’s no harm done but it is a bit far for where we are in the spec game.

I’ve been reading old spec pages and this always seems to happen every year, kudos to you Legacy and @Brian G. for always reigning things back well.

Now for actual spec., regarding the pumpkin original. Really, how likely is it that this will be completely relating to Nathaniel Crowe? I’m not entirely caught up with his mythos. Was he pumpkin themed? I’m seeing this as being moreso based on Twisted Traditions or being COMPLETELY og, though who said it cant be all of that?

Now for actual spec., regarding the pumpkin original. Really, how likely is it that this will be completely relating to Nathaniel Crowe? I’m not entirely caught up with his mythos. Was he pumpkin themed? I’m seeing this as being moreso based on Twisted Traditions or being COMPLETELY og, though who said it cant be all of that?
It’s really hard to say. We’ve never SEEN Crowe, but his story does make it seem like Jack turns him into a pumpkin monster. However, the house layout feels pretty narrative. There’s a logical progression from scene to scene that allows an understandable climax.

The really intriguing thing is the house’s connection to a different icon. While I don’t think we’ll see another icon (or their cronies) in Pumpkin King, it’s definitely in canon.

It’s really hard to say. We’ve never SEEN Crowe, but his story does make it seem like Jack turns him into a pumpkin monster. However, the house layout feels pretty narrative. There’s a logical progression from scene to scene that allows an understandable climax.

The really intriguing thing is the house’s connection to a different icon. While I don’t think we’ll see another icon (or their cronies) in Pumpkin King, it’s definitely in canon.

A different icon with cronies? I'm gonna assume the Caretaker. He has minions. It could also be Fear or Lady Luck, but i'm still thinking the Caretaker. Maybe it has something to do with Shady Oaks Cemetery?

Ahhh, I see. thanks for the clarification, Legacy! So this is very much a more narrative and story-driven house. I dig that immensely. I'm assuming you haven't really heard of any rumblings of Crowe in particular, minus spec here then?

Whoooaaaa, hold on. A different icon being one we know of or a different icon being the Pumpkin King? If it's another previously known icon this is gonna be so many layers in one house:afraid:

EDIT SO I DON'T DOUBLE POST:

A different icon with cronies? I'm gonna assume the Caretaker. He has minions. It could also be Fear or Lady Luck, but i'm still thinking the Caretaker. Maybe it has something to do with Shady Oaks Cemetery?

What makes you think Caretaker? For some reason I'm almost feeling Story Teller with this one... But I guess that would go with however the hell Terra Queen is showing up at this year's event.

Ahhh, I see. thanks for the clarification, Legacy! So this is very much a more narrative and story-driven house. I dig that immensely. I'm assuming you haven't really heard of any rumblings of Crowe in particular, minus spec here then?

Whoooaaaa, hold on. A different icon being one we know of or a different icon being the Pumpkin King? If it's another previously known icon this is gonna be so many layers in one house:afraid:

EDIT SO I DON'T DOUBLE POST:

What makes you think Caretaker? For some reason I'm almost feeling Story Teller with this one... But I guess that would go with however the hell Terra Queen is showing up at this year's event.

The Caretaker has minions/ cronies that featured prominently in one of his houses. I could also see the Pumpkin King being from Shady Oaks or something.

EDIT: I could see it connecting to The Storyteller if they called it Tales of Terror or something. I'm thinking of ways it can connect to other icons without featuring the icon themselves.

EDIT2: It could also be Mary Agana and her mirror-faced minions. It fits best with why Legacy wouldn't think they would appear in the house.

Last edited:
We all laugh, but apparently merchandising was not able to figure this out on the first try.
I truly don’t know how they messed that up, but this isn’t the merch thread.

Also, unrelated to that, I went back and read about some further information about that theatre house that was shared a couple weeks ago and the more I read it the more it sounds like it’ll be quite like Legacy’s Ghostlight concept. I can totally see whatever evil that’s released into the theatre possessing people in costume and stuff, unless I’m dead wrong about the concept.

EDIT- fixed some punctuation

I truly don’t know how they messed that up, but this isn’t the merch thread.

Also, unrelated to that, I went back and read about some further information about that theatre house that was shared a couple weeks ago and the more I read it the more it sounds like it’ll be quite like Legacy’s Ghostlight concept. I can totally see whatever evil that’s released into the theatre possessing people in costume and stuff, unless I’m dead wrong about the concept.

EDIT- fixed some punctuation
What if Legacy is actually the one who designed all the houses this year?
He did a concept of Beetlejuice and now you are saying that the theater house sounds a lot like his concept.

• Haha
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I have a theory, What if the plot of the theatre house involves a dark entity that lurks deep below the theatre, and one day when an earthquake hits the town the theatre is located in, the entity is awoken from his slumber, and starts to wreck havoc upon the theatre. possibly possessing people in costumes, causing different stage sets to fall apart, and just causing utter chaos throughout the theatre.

Uhhhhhhh no
I think he was kidding, dude :grin:
I have a theory, What if the plot of the theatre house involves a dark entity that lurks deep below the theatre, and one day when an earthquake hits the town the theatre is located in, the entity is awoken from his slumber, and starts to wreck havoc upon the theatre. possibly possessing people in costumes, causing different stage sets to fall apart, and just causing utter chaos throughout the theatre.
I believe this was spoken about. Possibly connection that TPU article idea of the earthquake house they heard about with this theatre one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts