The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 481 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to go through scenarios in my head regarding alcohol sales and stay n scream. Namely, that period between finnegans and duff gardens areas opening for stay n scream and the park closing for regular guests. If it does end up being a dry event, would they still have those places open for alcohol sales during that 1 1/2 to 2 hour period? I don't see why not, if there is S&S. Technically the park isn't closed and the event hasn't started yet. I can see it going one of a few directions.

1) No S&S at all. With this, you're asking for trouble with the cluster fudge that is the main entrance right before the event starts. Although it could be alleviated with the attendance cap.
2) If the event does turn out to be dry, S&S with alcohol sales within that frame of opening up those areas and event start. Duff gardens and finnegans would then close down alcohol sales when the crowds are released to the houses.
3) S&S with duff gardens and finnegans open, but not selling alcohol. But then you could go really wherever else and get a few drinks before hitting the S&S areas
4) They decide on actually selling alcohol during the event and all this is moot.

My guess is the second option. This is really the only speculation I can muster right now seeing as how everything is so in flux.

Will they let you leave to go to City Walk and return? If so, making it a dry event makes no sense. If they don't it would suck for those that like a break half way thru the night. S&S until 10, 10-12 at CW, 12-close hitting houses.

Will they let you leave to go to City Walk and return? If so, making it a dry event makes no sense. If they don't it would suck for those that like a break half way thru the night. S&S until 10, 10-12 at CW, 12-close hitting houses.
They have let you in past years

Quite the opposite.My point was to place emphasis of how crucial and critical it has been. I wasn't quoting anyone or any post. You're reading way too much into this, and misunderstood my intent of the point of emphasis. If I was downplaying it, i would surely have said that. I'm not one to mince words or play at being politically correct. . :thumbsup: :)....and I don't post drive by snarky comments like some do. Of course, not to insinuate that you're one of them. At least you said what you wanted, and I respect your concern for a covid problem that has turned the world upside down. I have the same concern. :)
'course sir, i just read into it too much, apologies! Didn't mean to harm or insult you in any way at all.
I'm trying to go through scenarios in my head regarding alcohol sales and stay n scream. Namely, that period between finnegans and duff gardens areas opening for stay n scream and the park closing for regular guests. If it does end up being a dry event, would they still have those places open for alcohol sales during that 1 1/2 to 2 hour period? I don't see why not, if there is S&S. Technically the park isn't closed and the event hasn't started yet. I can see it going one of a few directions.

1) No S&S at all. With this, you're asking for trouble with the cluster fudge that is the main entrance right before the event starts. Although it could be alleviated with the attendance cap.
2) If the event does turn out to be dry, S&S with alcohol sales within that frame of opening up those areas and event start. Duff gardens and finnegans would then close down alcohol sales when the crowds are released to the houses.
3) S&S with duff gardens and finnegans open, but not selling alcohol. But then you could go really wherever else and get a few drinks before hitting the S&S areas
4) They decide on actually selling alcohol during the event and all this is moot.

My guess is the second option. This is really the only speculation I can muster right now seeing as how everything is so in flux.
My guess is pretty much no S&S, I'm really struggling to see how it would work with all of this. I feel like the name of the game with S&S is the cow herd which feels impossible to social distance. Someone with better ops knowledge can fill in for my stupidity here, though

It appears HHN lighting is going up
Ohhhhhh man, here comes the hyyyyype. Can we get a construction thread for that or does that not count for construction?

Reactions: Mad Dog
What if they did just one big S&S area of the park instead of a handful of smaller ones just so they can filter non HHN people out of the park? Maybe just one big area would work for distancing?

Reactions: reeseyNG
What if they did just one big S&S area of the park instead of a handful of smaller ones just so they can filter non HHN people out of the park? Maybe just one big area would work for distancing?
This is pretty possible. But then how would they differentiate who goes where? People would be pushing each other to get to Beetlejuice, Billie, or whatever might be the big IPs this year. I really feel like it's not possible but I do love S&S so I'm hoping they find SOME way to implement is safely.

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
This is pretty possible. But then how would they differentiate who goes where? People would be pushing each other to get to Beetlejuice, Billie, or whatever might be the big IPs this year. I really feel like it's not possible but I do love S&S so I'm hoping they find SOME way to implement is safely.
Very true. I was picturing something like New York all the way to London being S&S and people lining up in NY for the SS houses and then in London for the Tents. To me that sounds way more doable than something like the simpsons area being as small as it is. Like you said though, people would still probably be pushing each other.

Very true. I was picturing something like New York all the way to London being S&S and people lining up in NY for the SS houses and then in London for the Tents. To me that sounds way more doable than something like the simpsons area being as small as it is. Like you said though, people would still probably be pushing each other.
I’d imagine props are still gonna be on the streets, but if for some reason they end up going with zero scenery besides lighting, this is a very good idea (I realize that last part sounded sarcastic, I promise it’s not haha)

I dooooo know that backstage pictures are a big nono, but if there are lighting photos I feel like things should go up?
Backstage pictures like house facades or interior are a no, but scarezone sets/lighting and house entrance stands should be coming up soon and those are all good to post on here.

Anything on a usual guest pathway is all good to post for the most part.

They would still need to clear the park of non HHN S&S guests. In a normal year, the whole point of the S&S areas was to be able to verify that people had HHN tickets. If you're in the (small) HHN pen, you've been verified. A larger HHN area would make it impossible to check for HHN tickets.

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
They would still need to clear the park of non HHN S&S guests. In a normal year, the whole point of the S&S areas was to be able to verify that people had HHN tickets. If you're in the (small) HHN pen, you've been verified. A larger HHN area would make it impossible to check for HHN tickets.
You don’t think it’s possible for them to gate off that area and check people in just like any ordinary S&S?

I'd think Stay and Scream is not only feasible, but likely a necessity. S&S is a great tool to help manage the initial onslaught of arriving guests. Without it, the front gate crowds would get pretty ridiculous, even with reduced capacity.

If the haunted house queues are mostly virtual this year there won't be a need for the usual cattle pen waiting areas for the early opening houses. All they'll realistically need to do is put a cap on the capacity of each of the S&S locations. Using the whole of NY like they did last year can fit a decent amount of guests - plus new areas like the waterfront viewing for the lagoon show can also be utilized this year.

You don’t think it’s possible for them to gate off that area and check people in just like any ordinary S&S?
Not NY to London or anything like that as they would have to close that area first before they let in HJn guest otherwise checking would be impossible as other guest would already be in the area.

Reactions: HHNObsession
But then how would they differentiate who goes where? People would be pushing each other to get to Beetlejuice, Billie,

Interesting thing I haven’t thought about until now. If Billie is intended to be the big draw house, and is in Shrek...there will be no initial rush. That location typically doesn’t open early.

'd think Stay and Scream is not only feasible, but likely a necessity. S&S is a great tool to help manage the initial onslaught of arriving guests.

This. This exactly. If anything changes, S&S will be more encouraged this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.