The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 492 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now, there's a plan to have something in plaza. Whatever that means.

I've also heard rumblings of a return of our favorite vampires. How are they going to suck your blood from beyond 6 feet? That's the question of the night.
Any talk on what year this one might take place in?

Vamp 85 wasn’t even scary when they could get in your face I really can’t see vamps working at all 6 feet away so I really hope it isn’t true. As for plaza personally I think they should have something like the harvest and have little photo ops of each house. New York I would do some kind of projection mapping. Hollywood could be creepshow with mini stage events and Central Park csn just have pumpkins in trees. San Francisco is to small for them to safely do anything I feel like :(

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Vamp 85 wasn’t even scary when they could get in your face I really can’t see vamps working at all 6 feet away so I really hope it isn’t true. As for plaza personally I think they should have something like the harvest and have little photo ops of each house. New York I would do some kind of projection mapping. Hollywood could be creepshow with mini stage events and Central Park csn just have pumpkins in trees. San Francisco is to small for them to safely do anything I feel like :(
Ugh this again. Speak for yourself, just because it wasn’t scary to you doesn’t mean it wasn’t to others. Horror is subjective like many others on here have said.

Ugh this again. Speak for yourself, just because it wasn’t scary to you doesn’t mean it wasn’t to others. Horror is subjective like many others on here have said.
While I agree it wasn’t scary for me as well, it doesn’t matter. I enjoyed watching and everything doesn’t need to be scary. It was a great use of that large corner and would be a good diversion for people who are waiting for others in their group that are still in the shop when they’re done. Anything would improve on Double Tap and the use of the large space. 20’s, 50’s, 70’s I’ll take any.

I think if anyone pulls out, it's Netflix. I remember during the Unmasking tour last year that Netflix came to preview ST at 28 and made them recast several of the 11 actors because they didn't think they looked right and they were very hands on with the planning and execution of the house. They also have the most to lose PR-wise if there's an outbreak linked back to the park/event.

I don’t think they’re going for scary as much as atmosphere this year. And like kinchkinet said, horror is subjective. 85’ was during my first year at HHN, I found it scary, and plenty of other vets in my party did too.

I don’t think they’re going for scary as much as atmosphere this year. And like kinchkinet said, horror is subjective. 85’ was during my first year at HHN, I found it scary, and plenty of other vets in my party did too.
You are right horror is subjective my issue with the zone wasn’t as much the vamps itself but more of the fact New York just always feels so empty. I also didn’t like there was no variety in the show at all same thing every 15-30 min. I would be down to see 90s vamps maybe like a lost boys kinda vibes and they can bring back the bike dudes I don’t think anybody was ever closer then 6 feet to them lol. I just hope they don’t reuse the New Years theme and maybe go for a Halloween party attack by vamps or maybe even a Christmas party and throw up the massive Christmas tree in New York a few months early lol

I could see them doing Vamp 95 and trying out for Vampires at the time like the vampires from the Blade film and such of course probably Grunge vampires, very Nirvana-esque, Alice In Chains or Pearl Jam and maybe setting it in Seattle or something, I mean, the first one was Hollywood in 55, then went to NYC 85, why not Seattle 95, just a thought.

It definitely has to be for Frankenstein, I wonder if they open the store up with a room for the Monsters and then the next being Beetlejuice and the last to be for the icons and anniversary stuff.

As for Vamp, a lot of people love it and a lot of people hate it, I mean if the team see a lot of positives than negatives they are going to go for the next opportunity to evolve the zone and vampires, so if they bring back the Vamps with Vamp 95 I wouldn't doubt it. It's probably not what they gonna do maybe, they'll probably have a zone more to more ferocious vampires probably or something. We just gotta wait and see what they bring to the table.

I'm still wondering over here, how they'll transition Creepshow which should be house into a scarezone.

Last edited:
I HIGHLY doubt this is that case but just a guess here: in Castle Vampyr lore the vampires meet up every 13 years, as well as there being a bunch of references to the number 13. Vampyr: Bloodbath was in 2007 which plus 13 years would be 2020. A rave zone would fit the big atmosphere zones they need and would mix it up from just a foreboding area with spooky music and it would be a nice nod (even if the Rave had nothing to do with the 13 year timeline for the Castle Vampire meetup).

Conjuring 3 (The Devil Made Me Do It) has been postponed until June of 2021. Wonder if this brings The Conjuring back into discussion for HHN next year? I know the budget will be low, but if they reuse some of the houses from this year, a big ticket IP could put "butts in seats" so to speak next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.