The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 494 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that and to an extent I agree. This year things are just different. Your points I agree with, but the tone, and classifying all of us as fanboys, was the problem. It doesn’t matter if you have been a member since 2011. I have been going to the event since 2004. It doesn’t give me an excuse to do that, and if you’re coming to these forums, you’re just as much a“fanboy” as all of us.

Things may be different this year, but there are still some rough things happening that are completely unrelated and not really exclusive to this year. I think the biggest issue I've seen outside of the off-topic run-arounds is that Legacy or someone else will frequently post something with very clear wording and it'll turn into a giant game of telephone where the end message is totally misconstrued and the discussion has gone completely off-the-rails after several pages of discussion. The below post is a perfect example.

There is a rumor that an IP holder is getting skittish. To my knowledge, no decision has been made on it.

If it happens, it happens.

EDIT
This is what I said. I even put “possibly” in all caps. A couple of pages later, the discussion has become “this house got pulled.” It’s frustrating.

It's incredibly hard to have a real discussion (and frustrating to even post insider info) when it seems more like a competition to spew out random theories rather than reading that actual posts because the endpoint ends up being something that has no real basis in reality.

Here’s the thing though... the circular conversations and inane, repetitive questions aren’t actually specific to this year. The Orlando spec thread has been like this for a couple of years now.

And if you get defensive at the term, “fan boy,” then... well...
Like I said I agree with their points, and in general I’m not a part of the circular conversations. I am a massive HHN fan. Just calling a spade a spade. He shouldn’t be so defensive towards us. I’m done. This will turn into a circular conversation.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Conjuring 3 (The Devil Made Me Do It) has been postponed until June of 2021. Wonder if this brings The Conjuring back into discussion for HHN next year? I know the budget will be low, but if they reuse some of the houses from this year, a big ticket IP could put "butts in seats" so to speak next year.
Nooooooo! Conjuring is my favorite. We’ve already had to wait too long for 3. If they did scoop it up for next year somehow that would make up for it.

So uhhhhhhh ignoring that little heated convo, BOGO ends tomorrow, meaning it might finally be the start of announcement season. Of course everything is working a lot differently, but as mentioned a few pages back; historically we've had announcements right after the BOGO deal ends. The real question, however, is how these announcements will be handled? I do believe a majority of people who spoke on the topic stated they believe we'll just get a huge drop with everything packed in, but I know a few think we might have slightly staggered announcements still. I'm curious, which of those two options would everyone else prefer? Leave a little mystery, or an all-or-nothing approach?

So uhhhhhhh ignoring that little heated convo, BOGO ends tomorrow, meaning it might finally be the start of announcement season. Of course everything is working a lot differently, but as mentioned a few pages back; historically we've had announcements right after the BOGO deal ends. The real question, however, is how these announcements will be handled? I do believe a majority of people who spoke on the topic stated they believe we'll just get a huge drop with everything packed in, but I know a few think we might have slightly staggered announcements still. I'm curious, which of those two options would everyone else prefer? Leave a little mystery, or an all-or-nothing approach?
Since we’re talking spec, and not personal preference, I think all at once is the best way to go. We’re already so close to the event And I’d think they’d want as much advertisement time as possible

Jeez - everybody settle down. I saw on my news feed today that Conjuring 3 was postponed and thought it was worth mentioning seeing as how our very first @Legacy clue THIS year was in fact Conjuring. Y'all need to chill a little imo. I'm gonna sign off for a bit - way too tense and acrimonious in here lately. Calm down.

Jeez - everybody settle down. I saw on my news feed today that Conjuring 3 was postponed and thought it was worth mentioning seeing as how our very first @Legacy clue THIS year was in fact Conjuring. Y'all need to chill a little imo. I'm gonna sign off for a bit - way too tense and acrimonious in here lately. Calm down.
Sad to see ya go, but I think time off from this thread is necessary.

To come on here as a newcomer and insult the base of this community is uncalled for. I, among many others, use this for information about the event. It’s also a welcoming positive community.
Vampyr has been here for going on ten years, and they happen to be right. One of the reasons I'm not on here as much is the fact that HHN fanboys have lost their unleavened minds.

Last edited:
Random question, I read a few pages before that a house MIGHT be canceled. Does that mean that they built this house but they just wouldn't be using it? Wouldn't they loose money if they did this? I know this isn't confirmed just wanted to hear anyones thoughts.

Random question, I read a few pages before that a house MIGHT be canceled. Does that mean that they built this house but they just wouldn't be using it? Wouldn't they loose money if they did this? I know this isn't confirmed just wanted to hear anyones thoughts.
They would use whatever they had built at this point, but tack an original on it. It's happened multiple times (I.e Conjuring -> Hive) In other circumstances it's been an IP (Scream -> Purge, Oujia -> Purge) but this year it would most definitely be an original replacing the house that's canceled.

I just checked my email and had an email from Halloween Horror Nights. I’m expecting an announcement soon considering I haven’t received anything from them except this.
What did it say? I didn't get an email from them yet!

Last edited:
I have been here for quite a while, more of a lurker now than a regular contributor, and the speculation thread has always and will always be a place to wonder how something could or would not work. It is what it is, but his site and community has always been awesome.

Now back to the topic of the picture of the tribute store. Absolutely has a tie in to Frankenstein solely based on the antennas spread throughout it. Safe to say that NY this year could be some sort of Mid evil town, and maybe we see the return of the building projections to make NY look like castles. Villagers walking around with "flaming" torches as well would be a nice touch too.

I have been here for quite a while, more of a lurker now than a regular contributor, and the speculation thread has always and will always be a place to wonder how something could or would not work. It is what it is, but his site and community has always been awesome.

Now back to the topic of the picture of the tribute store. Absolutely has a tie in to Frankenstein solely based on the antennas spread throughout it. Safe to say that NY this year could be some sort of Mid evil town, and maybe we see the return of the building projections to make NY look like castles. Villagers walking around with "flaming" torches as well would be a nice touch too.
I don’t think we’ll end up seeing any actors walking around the zones this year

Status
Not open for further replies.