The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 518 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it seems to be different than a lot of you - but my trip is paid for, and I will be there from 9/26 to 10/4. It'd be cool to see them maybe put some non-scary Halloween décor in the parks for the daytime guests (Pumpkins in Central Park.. maybe?) Can we at least get pizza fries during the day? Lol.

Hope you all still manage to make it and have a great time regardless.

Also sadface = this thread not reaching 1000 pages.

Reactions: TCox91 and CoopF22
Upsetting decision but 100% understandable. Now to decide if we cancel the trip outright (HHN is pretty much the sole reason for coming down in the fall) or if we slug through it with the low low low crowds (since Universal is awesome during the day too!)

Reactions: CoopF22
Upsetting decision but 100% understandable. Now to decide if we cancel the trip outright (HHN is pretty much the sole reason for coming down in the fall) or if we slug through it with the low low low crowds (since Universal is awesome during the day too!)
I think it’ll be worth it if you can just pound mummy all day. For me at least, I’ll be buying a fog machine and walk 7 miles on a treadmill every night while listening to synth wave. It’ll replicate the experience enough

I think it’ll be worth it if you can just pound mummy all day. For me at least, I’ll be buying a fog machine and walk 7 miles on a treadmill every night while listening to synth wave. It’ll replicate the experience enough
You also need someone either puke on you or stumble into you, and someone in the background in a black tshirt to wave a flashlight and repeat "keep moving keep moving".

I'm really looking forward to the low crowds - it'll be something to look forward to at least!

Reactions: CoopF22
In case anyone else wondered, premier passholder tickets just... aren't happening with no consolation or anything like that.

Hello, Aliya here, Because Halloween Horror Nights will not occur this year, all benefits and offers associated with the event, including the free admission entitlement for Premier Passholders, will not be available. We are constantly evaluating our offerings during this time and we will communicate any benefit updates via email, so please make sure your email address is up-to-date so we can share updates with you.
I didn’t think about how many perks my premier pass has lost since reopening... well there’s another one

As much as I'd love the low crowds after having missed the chance to do Hagrid's last year, I think it'd be financially wiser in my particular case to get my refund for the flight/hotel so I can be ready for whatever the next chapter of the 2020 book holds in store for us all, haha.

At this point maybe ill just get my refund and put some of it towards a throwback shirt, I got close enough to actually going that maybe i wont feel like an imposter for owning one.
Shame we never got to see the rest of the merch this year, unless they still open the tribute store for a bit.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
As much as I'd love the low crowds after having missed the chance to do Hagrid's last year, I think it'd be financially wiser in my particular case to get my refund for the flight/hotel so I can be ready for whatever the next chapter of the 2020 book holds in store for us all, haha.
To be fair Hagrid's is worth a trip by itself - but there's another thread for that lol.

To everyone who is thinking about canceling/not going - ultimately it is obviously your choice, but I think it's going to be nice to at least be at the parks in the Fall. I couldn't imagine how hard this blow would be if HHN was canceled AND I wasn't going to Uni at all.

Is there any possibility HHN could be held in January-March if the numbers change between now and then. They can easily leave the houses up till then. This is Universal’s most quiet time right between the holidays and Mardi Gras. And picture a cold HHN. No sweating in the Stay and Scream or in the lines. Also the money they would make on Valentine’s Day!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Is there any possibility HHN could be held in January-March if the numbers change between now and then. They can easily leave the houses up till then. This is Universal’s most quiet time right between the holidays and Mardi Gras. And picture a cold HHN. No sweating in the Stay and Scream or in the lines. Also the money they would make on Valentine’s Day!!!

The bargaining phase.

No.

Nope, theyre likely just gonna try to plus the plans they already had, with the assumption that we wont be in the situation that we're in.

Reactions: Petercamie
To everyone who is thinking about canceling/not going - ultimately it is obviously your choice, but I think it's going to be nice to at least be at the parks in the Fall. I couldn't imagine how hard this blow would be if HHN was canceled AND I wasn't going to Uni at all.

I could somewhat convince myself that the trip to Florida would be worth it for the event if it happened but without it, as much as I love the parks, it just isn't worth the risk. Which probably seems crazy but that's how much the event means to us, I guess.

I hope people that retain their vacations/trips have a fun and safe time though! Everyone deserves something good after the way this year's gone.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.