The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SotL could totally work. You have the asylum, Hannibal’s cage, Buffalo Bill’s house, the ambulance scene, and the night vision scenes. Not sure if this year is it’s year though, but it’d be cool if it came.

I finally saw SOTL recently and I was very underwhelmed. I remain amazed that people think it could be a house.

Feels like it would just be a movie walkthrough, and that’s what people hated about Ghostbusters (we loved Ghostbusters, by the way, even the walkthrough aspect, but it was fanciful with special effects- sotl is not).

SOTL is just “suspenseful crime drama with occasional action sequences.”

What’s next, NCIS house?

Going back and watching Re-Animator and From Beyond recently made me realize how great a Stuart Gordon anthology house could be. Neither of those films have enough content to fill their own house imo but put them together and you'd have one hell of an experience.

Speaking of Lovecraft, I'd love a Color out of Space house with some of the imagery from this new movie. Solid recommend if you haven't watched it yet.

Not to get your hopes up y'all, but I've heard nothing about a Pumpkin house or anything like it for this year. First I heard of it was when TPU talked about it. Take that for what it's worth.
Actually there most likely is something with a “Pumpkin Theme” coming to the event. Horror Night Nightmares definitely did not just guess and wouldn’t just make some random original up to put on a map, otherwise it would just be labeled “Unknown Original” like location J is. They definitely have sources that have a good accuracy rate. Also this house could possibly be Sprung 2 not Sprung 1.

Last edited:
Actually there is something with a “Pumpkin Theme” most likely coming to the event.. As someone already said on here, the daily operations employees often see the backstage construction happening. If anyone can recall the Sprung Tents began construction back when Mardi Gras started, I heard through the grapevine that many daily ops people could see into one of the Sprung Tents because its doors were constantly wide open. Apparently visible through the main entrance door of this tent is “Pumpkin Lord” written in blood on the wall. Also this house could possibly be Sprung 2 not Sprung 1. Not sure how true it is, but with the Pumpkin Original now on the speculation map that would all make sense as to how Horror Night Nightmares found out about it.

Makes sense.

Actually there is something with a “Pumpkin Theme” most likely coming to the event.. As someone already said on here, the daily operations employees often see the backstage construction happening. If anyone can recall the Sprung Tents began construction back when Mardi Gras started, I heard through the grapevine that many daily ops people could see into one of the Sprung Tents because its doors were constantly wide open. Apparently visible through the main entrance door of this tent is “Pumpkin Lord” written in blood on the wall. Also this house could possibly be Sprung 2 not Sprung 1. Not sure how true it is, but with the Pumpkin Original now on the speculation map that would all make sense as to how Horror Night Nightmares found out about it.
This screams true halloween to me and that has extremely hype!!!

Reactions: LifeIsTheBubbles
I wonder WHERE this particular Pumpkin house was located.... like... in terms of story and theme.

I don't have any info on that, but it really alarmed me when I saw what TPU posted in regard to this house, because it was pretty spot on.

Oh? In what part of the movie does anyone walk through a cloud of moths?

Maybe just some (hookless) fishing line for Bill's moth room

I'm more worried about the lambs. It's hard to ethically keep animals like that silent for that long.

Especially nowadays with the Ewe Too movement

Yes and yes on Sprung 2

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I really, really like the rumored lineup this year, which makes me all the sadder that I don’t believe the event will occur in 2020. By the end of the summer we will see society opening up a bit, but major crowd events like sports games, concerts... and theme parks... seem unlikely to return by then. Think of HHNs tightly packed lines, it’s narrow corridors, it’s in-your-face performers, it’s SIF... it’s a uniquely bad combo. Without a vaccine or a very powerful treatment, it’s a big risk for Uni. What’s more, without a vaccine or treatment, even if Uni opens, people will still be very reluctant to attend, which may be even a bigger problem. I don’t know on what sort of margins HHN operates, but if attendance is down 30% (which seems a conservative estimate), the event may not even be profitable.

I REALLY, REALLY hope I’m wrong. I hope we have a reliable treatment. But I’m pessimistic.

And Sinema was just awesome, probably my favorite house of the last five years and maybe longer, perhaps even since 19 or 18. Montage houses, skipping between themes, are something I wish HHN did more, since it adds so much variety to a maze.

Well, most of it will likely be waiting for us in 2021 if so. :)

Reactions: Casper Gutman
Status
Not open for further replies.