The Old KidZone Thread | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted this before, but this could be an incredibly easy solution.

etplan2.jpg

That would be great!

- - - Updated - - -

MiB is isolated?

Once Springfield comes and FFL closes it will be isolated.

Sure they would. Essentially that's what MIB is now..

Huh? MiB is in a wide open space, surrounded by other attractions, all part of an overall area. King's proposed new layout would make us go through a path kind of in the middle of nowhere in order to get to the queue for ET.

Actually, this could work in their favor in terms of park flow since now the entrance to the attraction would be separated from the rest of KidZone and create less of a crowd there, though that area is quite big and I've never seen any messy clusters of people there specifically. Anyways, it's a possibility :thumbs: A little awkward going through the Garden of Allah Villas there, but maybe that could also be modified. :shrug:

BTW, King_K. I think you'd need to reconfigure the walls and move the store to the other side (below) because they need to have a street to deliver stuff to the restaurant there.

Last edited:
I do remember that now, King_K.! That could be a way... But I'm not sure if Uni would go for that. ET would be a little too isolated, I think.

It would be a bit isolated in terms of distance from the actual entrance by Central Park, I agree there. But it also gives them a chance to give us a highly detailed queue line all the way to the entrance of the attraction. Not only that, if they ever did choose to go down this path, it'd give them sufficient downtime to enhance and update the attraction and queue rooms a bit.

BTW, King_K. I think you'd need to reconfigure the walls and move the store to the other side (below) because they need to have a street to deliver stuff to the restaurant there.

I figured they'd think of something in terms of delivering merchandise and food. Maybe an elevated queue line giving access underneath for foot traffic. They'd also have to hide quite a bit of open backstage area.

Last edited:
MiB has a theme, and still is in World Expo.

The queue placement is a good idea in theory, but because the entrance would be tucked away between the trees of Central Park is why it would be isolated.

Reactions: Felipe
If you ask me ET's days are numbered and it would better serve Universal to level it and use the massive amount of land to create new attractions. Take a look on a map, you knock down ET, Fievel, Animal Actors, Barney, Woody Woodpecker, and Curious George you have an enormous amount of real estate.

In turn you "could" do this,

Dreamworks Land complete with Madagascar Play area, Shrek M&G, and a HTTYD themed show
Bikini Bottom with SpongeBob flume ride and massive water play area.

Just brainstorming here but you get the idea. ET is a thing of the past and attracting younger families is the next phase.

Honestly if Uni wants to enhance themselves they have to decide. Spielberg or more area to work with which would mean more money? Honestly Spielberg would have to have his head stuck somewhere to not realize at some point ET will have to be replaced and so does Uni, and honestly so do we. No point in going through the hassle of extending the queue of a ride that should be and needs to be replaced.

Feel me?

The answer is always Spielberg. Apart from any movies he's done and the rides based off of them, he's still one of Universal Orlando's Creative Consultant.

I'm pulling for ET, I'm not dying for it to be demolished. But I'm just saying, for Universal, or any business, the final answer always comes down to money.

Sure it doesnt HAVE to be replaced, sure it could be fixed (so could Jaws, Kong etc..but time moved on) but with a possible redo coming why would they? Why wouldnt they put something in that kids actually knew? Sure we know it, but a kid nowadays is surrounded by garbage (sorry if i offend but its true) cartoons that when kids come across classic stuff they scoff and move on (the majority). Uni needs family attention and I honestly dont think ET has much of that family power left IMO

As for Speilberg I wouldnt say they could afford to lose him bc he's a legend but I think it's a risk that would pay off in the end if they did in fact remove ET.

As for Speilberg I wouldnt say they could afford to lose him bc he's a legend but I think it's a risk that would pay off in the end if they did in fact remove ET.

Doubt it. It's the one thing they have offer Disney as far as "Creative Minds" go.

Doubt it. It's the one thing they have offer Disney as far as "Creative Minds" go.

So then they'll just protect a ride to save one man from leaving their corporation instead of making the financially better decision for their company? You can't honestly tell me that Spielberg really thinks that Uni is going to keep this ride until the day he passes? If so he really doesnt have Uni's best interest in mind

Granted I love ET and Spielberg, I adore the ride but I also loved Jaws...and Kong....time moves on right?

I'm always rooting for ET. Remember that article that they ran in the Orlando Sentinel a few years back about Spielberg considering leaving his Consulting Position?

From what's been heard, Steven loves ET and I don't think he'd be too happy at the thought of having it removed. As was mentioned in the article, the last thing Universal wants is for him to exercise his options. Since he can at any time demand a buyout that would cost the resort hundreds of millions of dollars. If what the article mentioned was true, which was mentioned on a few news outlets that it was, I'm pretty sure they'd rather keep ET than lose a nice chunk of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.