The Old KidZone Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So operation costs are going to keep this thing going for another 10+ years?

Remove it bc there are better things out there that would actually cause regular tourists to go "OH! Yea I wanna go there to ride that"

I dont about you but being a theme park nerd, ET doesnt even make me see say that anymore

I'd rather be a park that has a bunch of "oh i'll pay such and such to go ride that!" rides than just a few and then some smaller name old 'classic' rides.

Remove it bc there are better things out there that would actually cause regular tourists to go "OH! Yea I wanna go there to ride that"

I dont about you but being a theme park nerd, ET doesnt even make me see say that anymore

I'd rather be a park that has a bunch of "oh i'll pay such and such to go ride that!" rides than just a few and then some smaller name old 'classic' rides.

While some kids of this generation might not know who E.T. is (Nickelodeon is airing this movie often though), the film is great and a classic. In fact, AFI named it the 24th greatest film of all time.

So it's not okay for a ride to stay because someone likes it, but it has to go because you don't?

They're not going to buid anything in Kidzone that will make everyone freak out. Universal doesn't need another mega E-Ticket. They need families, especially the younger ones. Whenever they do take out ET, it won't be for something like Gringotts. It's going to still be something smaller that everyone can ride.

While some kids of this generation might not know who E.T. is (Nickelodeon is airing this movie often though), the film is great and a classic. In fact, AFI named it the 24th greatest film of all time.

That's a lovely statistic. Absolutely wonderful, how much money is ET the RIDE making people spend?

I'm telling you, the only statistic that matters is how much money a theme park is making. And just like BTTF, just like Jaws, just like Kong, just like Twister will be and Beetlejuice...they will all be removed and replaced by something that makes money. They used to do the trick back in their day but no longer.

Nostalgia doesn't keep a theme park running...Guests and their wallets do.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's not okay for a ride to stay because someone likes it, but it has to go because you don't?

They're not going to buid anything in Kidzone that will make everyone freak out. Universal doesn't need another mega E-Ticket. They need families, especially the younger ones. Whenever they do take out ET, it won't be for something like Gringotts. It's going to still be something smaller that everyone can ride.

Im not saying I dont like ET. I LOVE ET, I absolutely adore it but its time has passed. and who says it needs another mega E-ticket? You guys really need to start dreaming here...open your imagination a little bit :ears:

Im not saying I dont like ET. I LOVE ET, I absolutely adore it but its time has passed. and who says it needs another mega E-ticket? You guys really need to start dreaming here...open your imagination a little bit :ears:

My imagination is just fine.

You need to open your eyes a little bit and see that we're talking about a park that still operates Lucy: A Tribute, Twister, Beetlejuice, Fear Factor Live, Shrek: 4D and the rest of Kidzone. All of which are higher traffic areas or themselves operate a reasonable amount of real estate.

Nobody is saying ET can never be taken out. But to take it out because it's old is foolish when there are other areas of need in the park, and ET still satifies a demographic which Universal sometimes struggles with.

Reactions: Felipe
My imagination is just fine.

You need to open your eyes a little bit and see that we're talking about a park that still operates Lucy: A Tribute, Twister, Beetlejuice, Fear Factor Live, Shrek: 4D and the rest of Kidzone. All of which are higher traffic areas or themselves operate a reasonable amount of real estate.

Nobody is saying ET can never be taken out. But to take it out because it's old is foolish when there are other areas of need in the park, and ET still satifies a demographic which Universal sometimes struggles with.

I'm wide awake!

haha sorry couldnt resist. Well this is a discussion of Kidzone correct? And kidzone is the rumored to go after HP 2.0 correct? So if an area is getting updated as a whole then why wouldnt this come with it?

Twister could use an upgrade, fear factor can easily be replaced as it has been done so before, and Shrek...well I agree with you here that needs attention but what better ride to satisfy a 'demographic' than a dreamworks ride or spongebob or whatever they theme this area to??

Just out of curiousity and I am n no means trying to step on toes or offend here, internet "tone" can be hard to understand sometimes.

:wave:

I want it removed so a complete land can be made in Kidzone (Spongebob or Madagascar). And this is a big piece of real estate. I want a Spongebob water coaster!

ET still makes a decent amount of money as far as merch. It may even surprise some how much merch ET sells. Worldwide it is still one of the largest movies of all time. So well known worldwide. If any doubt of this go to the official resort's website and go to the online merchandise store. You will notice that After Potter, Despicable Me and Spongebob is a lot of ET items. You don't see Jaws, Men in Black, or Twister for example on there. But you see ET Sweaters, hoodies, T-shirts and Plush.

hWell this is a discussion of Kidzone correct? And kidzone is the rumored to go after HP 2.0 correct? So if an area is getting updated as a whole then why wouldnt this come with it?

Twister could use an upgrade, fear factor can easily be replaced as it has been done so before, and Shrek...well I agree with you here that needs attention but what better ride to satisfy a 'demographic' than a dreamworks ride or spongebob or whatever they theme this area to?? QUOTE]

The point is when you take out ET, you leave nothing left for families besides DM, Shrek, and the Simpson's. All of which also limit the audience because of the use of 3D, screens and height restrictions.

If anyhting is done to ET in the near future, it makes the most sense to upgrade the attraction until enhancements are made to the rest of the park. It's time will come, but I don't believe that time is in the near future.

Earlier I said give it 4 to 5 years, Im n no rush to see this thing leave either, heck I wanna ride it one more time unlike what happened with Jaws. My whole point was to say ET is leaving, sure as of now they don't want to remove it but I honestly dont see it lasting another 6 or 7 years.

Been wrong before though

So the merch can stay, I guess Im the only one who can see something bigger and better in this area. Oh and knokout1. 2 man army lol.

I don't think anything stays forever. That being said, ET has life in it yet with things like refurbishment. Its operating costs are probably nowhere near that of Jaws or Kong which helped those demises and it has the merchandise and family factor going for it. Let's put it this way, don't count on it anytime soon because we are literally getting three E-tickets within four years. The next thing to go is going to be something smaller.

Magic Kingdom says different. Problems aside, it's still the #1 visited park, and will always be #1.

And therein lies my issue with Disney. (here atleast) it's not that its #1 and always will be but its that it seems to be that their content in their current state to not get any better, sure new fantasyland, avatar etc..but even with those it doesn't seem like they're doing their best but people will meander their way there and be content with the downgraded state of what used to be a wonderful theme park. Now its just turned into an apparent piece of property that makes money.

It's sad and I don't like it.

And therein lies my issue with Disney. (here atleast) it's not that its #1 and always will be but its that it seems to be that their content in their current state to not get any better, sure new fantasyland, avatar etc..but even with those it doesn't seem like they're doing their best but people will meander their way there and be content with the downgraded state of what used to be a wonderful theme park. Now its just turned into an apparent piece of property that makes money.

It's sad and I don't like it.

Ok so with that said, why can't Universal do both. They are already adding 2 phenomenal E-tix. Why can't they keep a little nostalgia on the side?

Ok so with that said, why can't Universal do both. They are already adding 2 phenomenal E-tix. Why can't they keep a little nostalgia on the side?

I really don't have a clue...It seems as if my argument has been put to the ground :lol: I guess they could, like I said I love ET but I suppose Ive grown accustomed to change and new things.

Maybe I just need to ride this again lol

8229767919_51ed4fc758.jpg

hWell this is a discussion of Kidzone correct? And kidzone is the rumored to go after HP 2.0 correct? So if an area is getting updated as a whole then why wouldnt this come with it?

Twister could use an upgrade, fear factor can easily be replaced as it has been done so before, and Shrek...well I agree with you here that needs attention but what better ride to satisfy a 'demographic' than a dreamworks ride or spongebob or whatever they theme this area to?? QUOTE]

The point is when you take out ET, you leave nothing left for families besides DM, Shrek, and the Simpson's. All of which also limit the audience because of the use of 3D, screens and height restrictions.

If anyhting is done to ET in the near future, it makes the most sense to upgrade the attraction until enhancements are made to the rest of the park. It's time will come, but I don't believe that time is in the near future.

Ooooor you can just replace it with another family ride...

How did they get rid of ET at USH if Spielberg is this defensive about it? Does he not have any control in Hollywood? Or are people just overestimating him for the sake of argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.