The Purge: Dangerous Waters (HHN 2023) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Purge: Dangerous Waters (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’d argue there needs to be just simply more of what made WaterWorld WaterWorld. I still wonder why the Seaplane can’t be present properly.
I’m guessing show reset time in regards to the shorter event hours but I could be wrong (let’s it play every hour). After seeing the shows at Knott’s, hanging and cleaver excluded, it seems that Halloween entertainment is really taking a strap up. I love shows and scare zones since they kinda democratize the event in a way that guarantees something cool for mostly everyone. I hope we see more shows in the future, since they seem like better gsat pleasers than mazes which are run very inconsistently. Love or hate the purge, it’s always the same show with the cast needed and understudies and swings available. That’s worth something

Watching videos, something I've noticed is that quite often when a character is meant to be dead, you still see them re-emerge for a bit and swim out of the way.

Wait, you mean the actors don’t actually die when they get “killed”? Way to ruin the show for me.
Don't need to make a smart remark about it.

I bring it up because yeah, it can take you out of the show a bit. Let's take a look at Waterworld- Imagine if after Deacon was set on fire and 'dies', he re-emerged and you saw him swimming away (which I've seen in videos of Dangerous Waters). Yeah, of course we know the actors don't actually die, but it still takes you out of the show a bit regardless.

Don't need to make a smart remark about it.

I bring it up because yeah, it can take you out of the show a bit. Let's take a look at Waterworld- Imagine if after Deacon was set on fire and 'dies', he re-emerged and you saw him swimming away (which I've seen in videos of Dangerous Waters). Yeah, of course we know the actors don't actually die, but it still takes you out of the show a bit regardless.
About 2/3 of the crowd in the show are two to three beers in. They’re too drunk to care. Besides, the show only lasted two months and it takes place at night. I think there should be a little more leeway here than a permanent daytime show.

And FWIW I saw the show twice (With no alcohol on top of that) and I don’t really recall that being an issue. I just wanted to sit down and relax for 20 min.

I could be wrong....but this happens during the normal WW show as well....like the main guy beats the big bad guy and then he walks away and for sure they don't let the ones who fall into the water just float there because they light the water on fire

If you're looking for it, you can absolutely see dead people swimming away in Water World. I think the difference is the daytime show does a better job of using misdirection so that, unless you're keen on staring at floating stunt workers, you don't notice it. But yeah, you probably gotta come into these things with a bit of suspended disbelief if you wanna have a good time.

If you're looking for it, you can absolutely see dead people swimming away in Water World. I think the difference is the daytime show does a better job of using misdirection so that, unless you're keen on staring at floating stunt workers, you don't notice it. But yeah, you probably gotta come into these things with a bit of suspended disbelief if you wanna have a good time.
I've just never noticed it with Waterworld weirdly enough.

Unrelated, but while we're all here, this is something I've been curious about for a while now, do we know if Universal hired a new stunt team for Dangerous Waters, Waterworld people, or a bit of both?

Another reminder that the original version Dangerous Waters was more ambitious. Issues during rehearsals, including some creative shakeups, forced a lot of relatively last minute changes for a show this complex. I'm not surprised polishing elements like optimal misdirection didn't make it to the final show.