Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The State of Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
As suspected, something that doesn't belong in Epcot. Got it. Expectations in the cellar.

I could be completely and utterly wrong here. Wouldn't be the first time. But even if it's a legit SFX-coaster type, I dont think the Guardians belong in Epcot

Longest looping coaster in the world, 3rd longest steel coaster in NA, plus it's mad fun! I wish we had Screamin' on the East coast.

Meh. It's not all that good.

I could be completely and utterly wrong here. Wouldn't be the first time. But even if it's a legit SFX-coaster type, I dont think the Guardians belong in Epcot
Guardians should be in DHS as a part of a superhero land (Gotg, Dr. Strange, Incredibles, BH6, etc).

At worst it should be in Tomorrowland.

Meh. It's not all that good.
I mean it's pretty fun, but it's nothing overly special either.

"Anticipation..."

Well with whatever's coming, if/once GotG is confirmed. I got a feeling what they said back at the Destination D event reguarding Epcots transformation will be brought up. What was it again, something along the lines of "More Disney, timeless, relevant, family-friendly. While keeping the original vision alive."

With GotG, well yes it is a part of Disney. Timeless? Can't say for now. Relevant? Most certainly. Family-friendly? Depends on what kind of coaster it'll be and what height requirement it'll have. Keeping the original vision alive? To be blunt, the original vision is pretty much dead. I highly doubt most of what'll take place in the transformation will be in line with the original vision. Either way, GotG sure as heck doesn't fit.

On that subject, tangentially, has anything you heard suggested how they plan to get around the contractual ban on advertising Marvel characters?

On that subject, tangentially, has anything you heard suggested how they plan to get around the contractual ban on advertising Marvel characters?
I never saw a follow up on it, so I don't know if it was real info or BS, but a few weeks ago Niles had an article on Theme Park Insider insinuating that Disney & Universal legal had reached some sort of agreement on GOG in Epcot. But, as I said, I've not yet seen a second source say anything substantial about that issue.

No clue at all. I've heard a lot of wild stuff that I don't really believe in relation to that.

I never saw a follow up on it, so I don't know if it was real info or BS, but a few weeks ago Niles had an article on Theme Park Insider insinuating that Disney & Universal legal had reached some sort of agreement on GOG in Epcot. But, as I said, I've not yet seen a second source say anything substantial about that issue.

Only conceivable agreement, IMO, is allowing Dis to build GOTG (and maybe Strange/Black Panther/Captain Marvel) rides in exchange for Uni to replace Doom with a new Marvel ride of their own.

Only conceivable agreement, IMO, is allowing Dis to build GOTG (and maybe Strange/Black Panther/Captain Marvel) rides in exchange for Uni to replace Doom with a new Marvel ride of their own.
Oh gosh, now I have the idea of a Black Panther ride/area in my head... I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.