The State of Epcot | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned here yet that Storm Struck and Sum of all Thrills will be closing in September? Colortopia will be the last remaining Innoventions exhibit and will close when the contract expires.

Both Innoventions spaces will be seeing changes soon after everything is closed up. Supposedly Electric Umbrella is to go away also (to be replaced elsewhere).

Of course these are just preliminary plans, but Innoventions closing is certain. September 14th is the last day of operation for both attractions I mentioned.

Yeah, I think I saw @Marni1971 mention elsewhere that Future World East might be gaining more dining options. I hadn't heard that Electric Umbrella might be closing, though.

Reactions: Nick
Yeah, I think I saw @Marni1971 mention elsewhere that Future World East might be gaining more dining options. I hadn't heard that Electric Umbrella might be closing, though.
Martin mentioned that Electric Umbrella may close when the new dining in FW East opens. Along with Electric Umbrella closing would be the tarps FINALLY coming down from the 100th celebration (and the tombstones leaving the entry way).

Reactions: JoeCamel
Martin mentioned that Electric Umbrella may close when the new dining in FW East opens. Along with Electric Umbrella closing would be the tarps FINALLY coming down from the 100th celebration (and the tombstones leaving the entry way).

They were actually from the Millennium Celebration, not 100 Years of Magic. ;)

I'm excited for the tombstones and circus tents to come down and what they might have planned for Innoventions and the park entrance, and particularly interested in what direction they might take with a new restaurant in Future World East. I assume it would be attached to either Mission: Space or Test Track, a space or transportation themed restaurant would be cool. I'd love to see them get ambitious and build a restaurant into Test Track overlooking the ride, there's so much wasted space in there.

Electric Umbrella? I've gone in there once and for being in the Future World area I felt like I walked into a bad 80's night club.

ALSO!

I'm awaiting January 21, 2017 when the walls go up around the Mexico Pavilion. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if they move the F&G/F&W stuff out of WoL over to Innoventions so they feel comfortable using WoL for theme park use again.
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. It would help spread the Festivals throughout the two sections of the park more evenly, and keep more people in the front section of Future World instead of off in a distant corner. Brilliant idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if they move the F&G/F&W stuff out of WoL over to Innoventions so they feel comfortable using WoL for theme park use again.
Using Innoventions would actually make way more sense and make me far happier than using WoL. Innoventions has been mostly a waste of space and time for the past 5 years so this would actually be reclaiming a good chunk while actually making the event stuff easier to get into.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Using Innoventions would actually make way more sense and make me far happier than using WoL. Innoventions has been mostly a waste of space and time for the past 5 years so this would actually be reclaiming a good chunk while actually making the event stuff easier to get into.

I see the benefits and drawbacks from both sides, especially having country F&W stops be next to their actual country land (if there is one). It makes me feel like its more authentic when you're surrounded by the scenery as well. I wouldn't be opposed to moving the countries without an actual land to Innoventions to help spread stuff out more.

I see the benefits and drawbacks from both sides, especially having country F&W stops be next to their actual country land (if there is one). It makes me feel like its more authentic when you're surrounded by the scenery as well. I wouldn't be opposed to moving the countries without an actual land to Innoventions to help spread stuff out more.
I would think the idea was more to move the stuff from the former Future World pavilion to Innoventions, which is more centrally located, while maintaining the booths in World Showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.