The Walking Dead | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Neither was I. The last 15 minutes were pretty good but the rest just felt underwhelming.

Agreed. The last 15 minutes or so were great, the rest was pretty slugish. It was cool to see in the beginning of the episode how he survived in the hospital. I'm interested to see how the second season will be since apparently all the writers are being replaced.

This season needed to be at least two episodes longer. I don't like how they only spent one episode underground. Also, what was with the one random flashback? Perhaps I'm still too attached to LOST, where practically half of the series was flashbacks, flash-forwards, and flash-sideways lol.

Still... it's one of the few shows I care to watch on television now, though. Season two, hurry up!

Last edited:
Looking at season one overall, it's very okay. Shooting on 16mm film gives the show a great look, and the sound design (especially during eerie quiet moments) is top notch. I also appreciate that AMC doesn't skimp out on the gore. In addition, I like that the actual zombie scenes have been kept to a minimum and not front-loaded during the first season. The best zombie stories are never truly about the undead but how the characters react and survive.

The biggest problem has been the writing. More specifically, the show really needs to have a point. A goal for the characters to achieve or at least obstacles that enlighten them somehow. The trip back into Atlanta and reaching the CDC fill up time, but what have we learned more about the zombie situation? Not much. If the show is just going to keep having the group reach a destination, settle, and then quickly get outta there, it's going to get old. Wandering around is fine for the first few episodes when trying to establish the ground rules, but it's gonna be repetitive FAST. Have them try to restart a community or something that seems like a definitive goal in mind.

Still, many great TV shows had a fine first season, only to catch fire creatively in later seasons. I'll wait and see.

This makes me very sad!!! :faint:

'The Walking Dead' showrunner Frank Darabont stepping down

Sources say Deadline’s report is true that Darabont will no longer serve as the chief writer-producer on the series. Without saying whose decision it was, the decision is attributed to Darabont never quite having gotten the hang of switching from films (The Shawshank Redemption, The Mist) to a TV show.

Source - - http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/26/walking-dead-frank-darabont/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ew%2Fhollywoodinsider+(Entertainment+Weekly%2FEW.com%27s%3A+Hollywood+Insider)

EPIC new extended international trailer for Season 2

[video=youtube;oMch8m2pYMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMch8m2pYMs[/video]

So that Season 2 premiere...

It's alright. I neither love it or hate it. I saw great things ahead near the beginning of Season 1 but now I'm not so sure. I feel like it's not really bringing anything new to the zombie genre except that zombies now have a TV show. I'll definitely keep watching, though. Things can always pick up.

Also, sometimes the characters' actions are stupid and questionable. Like in the latest episode:
"WALKERS COMING! HIDE UNDER THE CARS!" Guys, you have an RV and hundreds of abandoned cars to hide in and you choose to hide under them? Where the zombies can easily grab you if they notice you're there?

Also, sometimes the characters' actions are stupid and questionable. Like in the latest episode:
"WALKERS COMING! HIDE UNDER THE CARS!" Guys, you have an RV and hundreds of abandoned cars to hide in and you choose to hide under them? Where the zombies can easily grab you if they notice you're there?

The zombies aren't that stupid. If they see a human in a car they're gonna go after them. The only way they'd see someone underneath a car is if they got down on the ground themselves. Or if someone got up early...

I am more concerned about the last 15 seconds of the episode.

They were filming outside of the building I work in a few months ago. Please excuse the audio lol

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1608399589783

Facebook says it's unavailable. :/

I liked it for the most part. However, I thought that the "what happened last season" bit before the opening credits was edited very sloppily.

One thing I did notice was that they seem to have cut is zombies being able to smell humans. Remember when they had to cover themselves in a walker's blood and guts so as to not be detected from their scent in season one? The so called "herd" of zombies passed within feet of the people hiding under the cars and never flinched. I wonder what happened there.

Regardless, this season looks to be very promising, even if it is just more of the same. But hey, it's a great series so don't fix what ain't broken.

I liked it for the most part. However, I thought that the "what happened last season" bit before the opening credits was edited very sloppily.

One thing I did notice was that they seem to have cut is zombies being able to smell humans. Remember when they had to cover themselves in a walker's blood and guts so as to not be detected from their scent in season one? The so called "herd" of zombies passed within feet of the people hiding under the cars and never flinched. I wonder what happened there.

Regardless, this season looks to be very promising, even if it is just more of the same. But hey, it's a great series so don't fix what ain't broken.

THIS x 9000! My mom never watched season 1, so I was trying to explain some basic zombie facts to her, and one of the things I said during that scene was, "the zombies are totally going to be able to smell them." Especially after the one guy cut open his arm and started gushing all over the place. Not only were the zombies somehow unable to smell them, but apparently they can't smell fresh blood either.

Okaaaaay... :doh:

Not impressed by that massive lack of continuity there, otherwise the episode was good. Not holy crap AMAZING, in my honest opinion, but solid.

Really hope Shane doesn't stick around much longer, though.

To be fair, though, they covered their scent because they were actually walking among the zombies. They were 100% visible. Humans don't have a very strong sense of smell; I don't see why it should be different for zombies.

I agree about the recap.

I agree about the recap.

The whole point is to re-inform the audience of past plot points, yes, but ultimately it is supposed to amp up the anticipation of the viewers because of the emotional and human impact past seasons had. And in that regard the season 2 opener failed.

To be fair, though, they covered their scent because they were actually walking among the zombies. They were 100% visible. Humans don't have a very strong sense of smell; I don't see why it should be different for zombies.

That scene demonstrated how much more important smell is versus sight, though. The majority of the zombies didn't give a crud about them until the rain washed away all the stale zombie blood and guts, even though they had been 100% visible the whole time. I guess it wouldn't matter to me either way if the zombies had a strong sense of smell or not, but at least be consistent about it...

That scene demonstrated how much more important smell is versus sight, though. The majority of the zombies didn't give a crud about them until the rain washed away all the stale zombie blood and guts, even though they had been 100% visible the whole time. I guess it wouldn't matter to me either way if the zombies had a strong sense of smell or not, but at least be consistent about it...

What I meant is that rotten-flesh scent is much stronger than normal-human scent. If you look at it as more of a "zombies don't attack each other because are you kidding me, they smell terrible" kind of logic, then it can still be consistent. It's a lack of nasty-undead scent that attracts the zombies, but a "lack of" only works if they see you.

I think that's about as good as I can do.

Well to start with AMC replayed the WHOLE season 1 Sunday before the show started. Also it is hard to put a whole season in a brief clip. 2nd as I noticed the zombies are starting to rot more and more. Also I am sure the smell of all the dead in the cars threw off there sense of smell. Also who cares how the recap was the first 30 minutes was amazing then it got to be 10 minutes of show and then commercial. Overall a great start to season 2, IMO.