The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You think I want to make that sacrifice as well? :p I mean, that's what Jon is for :p
Heh...

But to address your question on Facebook Allen, from my limited understanding, they kept three walls for Transformers because - under California building code - the percentage of existing structure incorporated into the new building meant that the entire project was a retrofit and not a ground-up construction site. I'm assuming they did this to ease some of the oversight required when a new structure is designed and built.

Reactions: Ryan
Gotcha, that's what I kinda figured (as you saw from my reply) that it had to do with California building law regarding construction incentives, taxes, code, etc. Makes sense! We'll see what Gibson ends up doing!

I don't think it's related to tax incentives if that's what you're suggesting. If anything, I think it's to speed things up.

760305e0253c11e3867a22000a9e5af5_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/havoksoundwave#

This twitter account of USH's director of operations is a gold mine of information. Nothing groundbreaking but solidifies that WWoHP is probably going to reach Flintstones carnival games. Lots of interesting stuff on that account.

https://twitter.com/mikesington

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaySalahi
Don't know. Seems he wants to place emphasis on the exact footprint part of the tweet. It's going to be interesting if they open a traffic path through Potter between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts Castle to replace the old path that was just blocked off.

Yeah, I felt the emphasis on the entire perimeter of the blocked off area. I wouldn't doubt it though! More space for Hogsmeade and a better location for Hippogriff then!

But I agree....if all of that will indeed be Hogsmeade, will we seriously have to always enter the Tour by going through Simpsons? That seems like a nightmare to battle Simpsons and Potter crowds to get into the Tour.

Maybe they'll change the location of the tour entrance completely? I know it's not that possible considering the new bathroom down there, but they've moved the tour entrance before, it's possible! Maybe they'll demolish the old bathrooms and that will be the entrance to the tour bridge?

If Doc Brown's goes and they demolish the bathrooms too it should be more than easy to get to Studio Tour through Simpsons plaza. They'll most likely promote restaurant seating for Cantina (if it even stays) in Plaza and get rid of the tables in Simpsons plaza. What Chris said in the podcast about Studio Tour's entrance rotating to face the Starway is an extremely likely scenario because the new bathrooms would be redundant.

I'm still thinking (if anything) there will be a path between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts like the one that goes to JP in IOA that just improves traffic flow through WWoHP. Nothing much to conclude at this point of time but it's good to see that they're taking time and effort to fit this into the park rather than cramming a junior version into the CG/Gibson plot.

Universal would be very wise to have more than one entrance/exit into the land. It would be a disaster if there was just one entrance. Not sure how much it would break theme but an exit into the outside worldsomewhere in the middle of Hogsmeade would be smart. There should be a few alternate little entrances/exits that they should have open on super busy days, which will be for the first few years. Afterwards, they can only have the main entrance be open and the side openings can be backups.

I truly believe that Wizarding World will utilize as much space as possible and they'll make improvements to help crowd control, better locker system, and other improvements over Florida. We should definitely keep our eyes on Japan's version, as Chris has said.