Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Artwork

middleearth16e.png

Hey everyone :wave:

I posted this over in the Epic Universe thread but I thought it would be applicable on this thread too :grin:

Ever since I first visited the Hobbiton Movie set in New Zealand back in 2002, I have been fascinated by the idea of visiting Middle Earth.

Above is some artwork of a Tolkien Land concept that I drew. I designed it so that it would fit into Epic Universe's expansion plot between HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts.

This is just a rough idea of how I would envision a Middle Earth themed land to look. I chose the Shire [Hobbiton] and Rivendell as a) they're visited in both the LotR and the Hobbit trilogies and b) I think they could both be realistically translated into a functioning theme park land.

Hobbiton would feature a barrel-themed advanced boat ride, and Rivendell would have an attraction that is sort of a hybrid between Peter Pan and Soarin' that would fly around other Middle Earth locations. Both areas of the land would feature dining, shops and entertainment.

I really hope Universal can somehow sort out a deal with the Tolkien estate/WB for the rights to the Middle Earth IP as I think it would be an amazing asset to their lineup of franchises that they have!

Forgive me for the painting being quite crude, my Photoshop trial was ending so I sort of rushed the last bit

I hope you guys like it! What do you think?

I was thinking about what a Super Smash Brothers show in the parks might look like. I thought it would be interesting if they turned it into a Wrestlemania sort of affair. Here's my concept art for Mario as a wrestler. View attachment 12040View attachment 12041

Amazing artwork man! I think your version of Mario would awaken something in people :p
The lines for the M&G would be longer than the rides themselves!

Amazing artwork man! I think your version of Mario would awaken something in people :p
The lines for the M&G would be longer than the rides themselves!

Thanks! Agreed. I certainly had an awakening or two when I first watched WWE back in the day :) This could bring in a whole new demo to the parks

I've spent some of this lockdown learning how to sculpt digitally. I made this 'action figure' version of George Weasley, and placed him in Diagon Alley, naturally.View attachment 13447View attachment 13448
Ooof that Fred tattoo though :'-( too soon ;)

Amazing work! Clearly George has spent his lockdown doing squats. Cool art style man!

Maybe you could 3D print him and place him in Diagon Alley somewhere?

Ooof that Fred tattoo though :'-( too soon ;)

Amazing work! Clearly George has spent his lockdown doing squats. Cool art style man!

Maybe you could 3D print him and place him in Diagon Alley somewhere?

Thanks! Yeah, I was totally thinking of 3D printing him. My local library has a 3D printer that's free to use. I just have to figure out how to do it.

I just posted this on the Wishlist Thread but might as well put it here as well :)

Hey everyone,

I drew a concept for a Rivendell-themed expansion land to go at Epic Universe. Rivendell would be a great location to bring to life in a theme park as it has a magical atmosphere, and it is featured in both the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings movie trilogies so a lot of fans will be familiar with the environment.

The design is mainly based off Sir Peter Jackson's movie trilogies' design, and it's also based off JRR Tolkien's original artwork of Rivendell/Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland (Tolkien's inspiration for Rivendell).

If anyone @Universal Creative is interested in seeing more, PM me if you want me to make an 3D animatic with more detail of the land and the ride I have envisioned. I'd be more than happy to show you!

I just posted this on the Wishlist Thread but might as well put it here as well :)

Hey everyone,

I drew a concept for a Rivendell-themed expansion land to go at Epic Universe. Rivendell would be a great location to bring to life in a theme park as it has a magical atmosphere, and it is featured in both the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings movie trilogies so a lot of fans will be familiar with the environment.

The design is mainly based off Sir Peter Jackson's movie trilogies' design, and it's also based off JRR Tolkien's original artwork of Rivendell/Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland (Tolkien's inspiration for Rivendell).

If anyone @Universal Creative is interested in seeing more, PM me if you want me to make an 3D animatic with more detail of the land and the ride I have envisioned. I'd be more than happy to show you!

I think you captured how stunningly elegant a Rivendell land could look! And I heartily approve of any body of water in theme park lands. It adds so much life.

Not sure if this belongs here, but does anyone have a high-res version of the USF poster with the retro attractions and logo? This is the closest I’ve been able to find.

Attachments

• 9523BDA4-2D16-4FA9-8E63-BB183D59B1B0.jpeg
    9523BDA4-2D16-4FA9-8E63-BB183D59B1B0.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 6
Here's a slightly higher res version I scanned and uploaded to Tumblr (lol) years ago. I still have the original collateral, so if you want a super high-res 300dpi scan I can do that later today!

tumblr_l6zy6cGfWj1qclypbo1_1280.jpg

Here's a slightly higher res version I scanned and uploaded to Tumblr (lol) years ago. I still have the original collateral, so if you want a super high-res 300dpi scan I can do that later today!

tumblr_l6zy6cGfWj1qclypbo1_1280.jpg

Oh man thank you! I think this will work. It’s just to use as wallpaper for my phone. :thumbsup:

*bump*

Ok so I have been telling myself for years to post something new on here and have never done so lmao but here’s a lil sumn:

Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shoppe concept art!

8ADE5A2B-63AF-4DD6-8773-B1358EF15349.jpeg8D460EE2-ED16-447C-9BDF-C844F8EBE81F.jpeg9391A194-3ABA-4D7D-AF8C-78D6F33223EC.jpeg

The first two rooms and hallway are all themed queue space. The tables (def not to scale or reflecting minimum social distancing standards... yikes @ me) would be reserved via app or phone in the morning. Madame Herself is a Filipina-Scottish witch who used to co-own the shop with her late wife, and there are details about her life, various moving portraits (like the one above featuring a young Madame P. when she first opened the shop), and little whirring maximalist touches, including moving murals, dancing desserts, steamy pipes, a custom scent, and simple ceramic animatics.

:)

(Also quick note but I use she/her pronouns. I say this bc the pronouns used for me in earlier pages on this thread are inaccurate. No need to edit these posts btw.)

Amaz
*bump*

Ok so I have been telling myself for years to post something new on here and have never done so lmao but here’s a lil sumn:

Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shoppe concept art!

View attachment 14146View attachment 14147View attachment 14148

The first two rooms and hallway are all themed queue space. The tables (def not to scale or reflecting minimum social distancing standards... yikes @ me) would be reserved via app or phone in the morning. Madame Herself is a Filipina-Scottish witch who used to co-own the shop with her late wife, and there are details about her life, various moving portraits (like the one above featuring a young Madame P. when she first opened the shop), and little whirring maximalist touches, including moving murals, dancing desserts, steamy pipes, a custom scent, and simple ceramic animatics.

(Also quick note but I use she/her pronouns. I say this bc the pronouns used for me in earlier pages on this thread are inaccurate. No need to edit these posts btw.)
Amazing artwork violarum!!! You've done a thorough job considering everything about your design from Back of House to the flow through of the guests! I love Madam Puddifoot’s dress, and the Rose Petal + Potion Vial Chandelier- so damn good!! Very professionally done. Please apply for a position at Universal Creative ASAP.

Thank you for posting your artwork! Please post more if you ever get the chance :)

Amaz
Amazing artwork violarum!!! You've done a thorough job considering everything about your design from Back of House to the flow through of the guests! I love Madam Puddifoot’s dress, and the Rose Petal + Potion Vial Chandelier- so damn good!! Very professionally done. Please apply for a position at Universal Creative ASAP.

Thank you for posting your artwork! Please post more if you ever get the chance :)

Thank you as always Descendo!!! I super duper appreciate your enthusiasm for my art, and have been so happy to see your illustrations for parks as well in the recent past. Also yes I put a lot of thought into this design, especially for the relationship with FOH and BOH, given that I’ve worked in food and beverage here before. I would absolutely die for a position with Creative, but they keep rejecting me. Alas! Lol. & sure thing; I’ll post more theme park concepts and stuff in the future. :)

*bump*

Love it! I've always wished Universal had made this an actual restaurant/cafe that we could experience, since it was my favourite Hogsmeade locale in the books. I really like your vision of it!

Love it! I've always wished Universal had made this an actual restaurant/cafe that we could experience, since it was my favourite Hogsmeade locale in the books. I really like your vision of it!

Thank you so much badlactose! I have always wanted it to be in Hogsmeade for the same reason. Artisanal pastries and assorted teas, soft and sweet music instead of the booming loud music outside, and super inviting scents? Sign me up lol.