Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not against opening and letting businesses operate at all, but scanning fingers is absolutely not necessary and is only a way to spread germs from person to person.
Agreed, Especially when the fingerscan is absolutely less efficient than IDs.

Reactions: Journey_On
Wow, that travel distance part is really interesting. Unfortunate for some people I'd imagine, but I totally get why.

Admittedly--a blind look makes me automatically look to Japan--and how they initially when reopening the parks, restricted it by the region that the park was located in. However I guess this is a matter of making sure you don't have visitors from out of town, from places such as Las Vegas, San Diego (yes, even with SeaWorld), Phoenix and San Francisco.

It's..a bit of a pill to swallow--but it makes sense in looking at it from not promoting the parks to outside California.

Wow, that will suck for people who don't live close....I get it but man these weird rules make me get why some people can't stand the Dem's

Not Letting them sell tickets to people out of town, no we the government control who you can sell to. Sounds pretty crappy.

Reactions: Freak
Ask any parent whether being the adult in the room makes you popular.
There’s a difference between being the “adult” and over-exerting your power as Governor. The state and the people in the state are suffering economic hardship. It’s been 7 months that we’ve been dealing with this, people should be allowed to choose as long as they are taking all precautions.

I’m surprised I’ve ended up with this position considering I was staunch on being closed earlier this year and still am cautious of everything I do. However, it’s been long enough and somehow Knott’s is able to operate simply because they aren’t running their rides (but still pack the park)? The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Wow, that will suck for people who don't live close....I get it but man these weird rules make me get why some people can't stand the Dem's

Not Letting them sell tickets to people out of town, no we the government control who you can sell to. Sounds pretty crappy.
"But it's better than nothing!" You might say.

25% capacity MAX? Can the parks even make a profit with that low attendance? Only "local" people can go!? Are you kidding me!? AFAIK not even totalitarian China was that restrictive!

There’s a difference between being the “adult” and over-exerting your power as Governor. The state and the people in the state are suffering economic hardship. It’s been 7 months that we’ve been dealing with this, people should be allowed to choose as long as they are taking all precautions.

I’m surprised I’ve ended up with this position considering I was staunch on being closed earlier this year and still am cautious of everything I do. However, it’s been long enough and somehow Knott’s is able to operate simply because they aren’t running their rides (but still pack the park)? The hypocrisy is ridiculous.
BOOM. I'm glad more are noticing this.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Ask any parent whether being the adult in the room makes you popular.
Do adults normally tell their 18 year old kids you can't work and then not take care of them?

I would be in full agreement with CA if they paid the bills for these companies they are saying can't operate but what the Governor is doing now is also dangerous we are losing thousand of small businesses and the government is doing crap to help them.
So I get both sides but one side for sure if fine with being the adult when they don't see much effects...but a real adult would know its not black and white and do more than what CA Governor is doing right now which is a whole lot of nothing.

"But it's better than nothing!" You might say.

25% capacity MAX? Can the parks even make a profit with that low attendance? Only "local" people can go!? Are you kidding me!? AFAIK not even totalitarian China was that restrictive!

BOOM. I'm glad more are noticing this.
I'm a broken record at this point but think coping Knotts would make the money money. No rides meaning WAY less cast members and other costs. Sel 80ish dollar tickets to special themed food events with limited time merch and they can flip a profit.
Disney for Free hire me, I will get people back into your parks legally and make some really fun events the only downside is they might be so fun people want more of them in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Do adults normally tell their 18 year old kids you can't work and then not take care of them?

I would be in full agreement with CA if they paid the bills for these companies they are saying can't operate but what the Governor is doing now is also dangerous we are losing thousand of small businesses and the government is doing crap to help them.
So I get both sides but one side for sure if fine with being the adult when they don't see much effects...but a real adult would know its not black and white and do more than what CA Governor is doing right now which is a whole lot of nothing.
Versus Desantis and his "Throw it open and let them die," I'll take Newsom.

You mean open with limited capacity, have rules guests must follow and clean more than they ever have before?

Also your still avoiding the issue, yes people arn't getting sicker but thousands who were already poor now have nothing and many who had something now don't have a business and all those years of hardwork are for nothing. The Governor of the richest state can provide more and help these people from all failing when they have done nothing wrong.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Well, we have to open eventually. There has to be a good balance between taking precautions and letting people move on to stay afloat.

You mean open with limited capacity, have rules guests must follow and clean more than they ever have before?

Also your still avoiding the issue, yes people arn't getting sicker but thousands who were already poor now have nothing and many who had something now don't have a business and all those years of hardwork are for nothing. The Governor of the richest state can provide more and help these people from all failing when they have done nothing wrong.
Don't get me started on how Newsom's winery is still OPEN but everything else has to stay closed.

So can a company managing to earn such profits that they restored the top management's full pay and bonuses.

Reactions: Legacy
So can a company managing to earn such profits that they restored the top management's full pay and bonuses.
I agree Disney needs to meet in the middle more...but doesn't mean the Governor is right

There are also thousand of Businesses linked to Disneyland....Sea World..legoland...Six Flags..and Universal

So I guess they should suffer? Like He could at least help them out and what about the CM's? These are all people who are apart of society and getting ZERO help

I’m not against opening and letting businesses operate at all, but scanning fingers is absolutely not necessary and is only a way to spread germs from person to person.
I wash my hands after I use the finger scan.

Agreed, Especially when the fingerscan is absolutely less efficient than IDs.
I think the fingerscan is more efficient than being stuck behind people digging for their IDs in their bags. I'm always surprised at how many people don't carry their ID with them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.