Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Universal Japan restrict to immediate locals only when it first opened, then reopened to the entire country? Sounds like a similar plan.
I definitely understand why this would be in place too. From the state's pov it's to keep out-of-staters from coming in for theme parks once they open for a bit, but let's be honest, with how many AP's DL and USH has, do you guys really think someone from out of state could get in if they even wanted too with how high the demand will be at 25% capacity and needing a reservation?

I definitely understand why this would be in place too. From the state's pov it's to keep out-of-staters from coming in for theme parks once they open for a bit, but let's be honest, with how many AP's DL and USH has, do you guys really think someone from out of state could get in if they even wanted too with how high the demand will be at 25% capacity and needing a reservation?
Absolutely. Like WDW, DLR is planned to be split with different buckets for day guests, AP’s, and Resort Guests (although resort guests *may* just be guaranteed entry). Disney would rather have Day Ticketers, even in CA.
I expect many POed CA APs and worse availability than WDW had.

Seems like most covid surges, U.S. & worldwide, have been from reopening of bars/nightclubs, and vacation travelers, to and from. So I could understand the reason to limit movement to and from from outside areas, namely vacationers. .
Keeping it local could limit reinfection surges.

Universal offering another deal to entice visitors back

"Universal Orlando Resort has announced a new ticket deal for U.S. Residents, as well as extending the popular "Buy a Day, Visit through Dec 24 Free" deal for Florida Residents."

"Universal Orlando Resort has announced a new ticket deal for U.S. Residents, as well as extending the popular "Buy a Day, Visit through Dec 24 Free" deal for Florida Residents."

This is a bad sign.

Easiest thing to do is offer more time but offer it at the same price so revenues don't take a present hit. They did that deal already so now they're cutting FL resident pricing for APs to show they want the cash by year-end.

Also, it doesn't look like there's any language preventing an upgrade using the special pricing.

If I was a FL resident, I'd buy the 1 day get every day to 12/24 free deal and on 12/16 (AP deal ends on 12/17), upgrade my ticket to an AP. Free 2.5ish months and you save the special offer pricing.

A good idea to encourage extra hotel stays. After all, that's where the big profit is. The former buy 2 and 2 free offer would translate into a 4 day vacation/hotel stay, while the 2 and 3 offer translates into a 5 day hotel stay. Smart promo.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Is there enough to do at Universal in Florida for 5 days?

I mean you could spend 3ish on the two main theme parks and one at the water park...but thats stretching it

The point is to get people in the hotels spending money at the resort. If they have 5 days, they'll use 5 days whether they need to or not.

Also, as someone from out of state who comes for HHN, I'd be in the parks for 5 days for a few hours before HHN started in the evening

Is there enough to do at Universal in Florida for 5 days?

I mean you could spend 3ish on the two main theme parks and one at the water park...but thats stretching it
We spend 10 plus days on site at Universal Orlando twice a year, so a total of 20 plus days.. Plenty to do and never a dull moment. Entertaining, relaxing, leisurely vacation on a beautiful self contained theme park/resort campus.
The three parks are great, but it's not just about the parks. Citi Walk and visiting the other on site hotel resorts restaurants/bars and pools expand the fun, entertainment and dining opportunities.....We rarely spend more than five or
six hours a day in the parks. And, some days we just relax at the pool and hotel all day. Vacation slow and easy is the way to leisurely enjoy. Thus we love the affordable Universal AP.

Last edited:
I wash my hands after I use the finger scan.

I think the fingerscan is more efficient than being stuck behind people digging for their IDs in their bags. I'm always surprised at how many people don't carry their ID with them at all.
When every third punter forgets which finger they use, or the scanner won't read so they try three times and then have to dig out their ID anyway? No.

Hard to strike a balance when a good chunk of your population is being incited to ignore even the most basic public health guidance.
Yes, and often by the same people who justify "throw it open and let em die" with "you hafta strike a balance."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Journey_On
Not to mention, California is also by far the most populous state in the country.

That gives them extra responsibility to slow the spread, and keep it low. They are over 10% of the U.S population alone. Like New York, if they lose control of the spread the results could be far more catastrophic for the whole of the U.S, especially if people begin travelling from out of state.

Not to mention, California is also by far the most populous state in the country.

That gives them extra responsibility to slow the spread, and keep it low. They are over 10% of the U.S population alone. Like New York, if they lose control of the spread the results could be far more catastrophic for the whole of the U.S, especially if people begin travelling from out of state.
They have a responsibility to keep it low...but none to make sure people have money to survive. I just hate how there is no middle ground its either close everything or risk lives. This can't be the only way

They have a responsibility to keep it low...but none to make sure people have money to survive. I just hate how there is no middle ground its either close everything or risk lives. This can't be the only way
You can thank our lack of a national plan there, and I wonder who's at the top.

Reactions: MrBlonde
You can thank our lack of a national plan there, and I wonder who's at the top.
Thats part of it...but CA isn't poor or powerless.
We have the 10th biggest economy in the world, yet dont have the funds to help people out? More like the state doesn't want to use the people's funds on the people and wants to wait and hope Dem's get power so they can drain the national bank account.
But if we can't help these people out then the leaders of this state are literally wasting funds when one state makes more than most the US but can't help out its own people

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
States are at a disadvantage in that they can't run a deficit like the federal government.
But they can let hard working people lose every dime they own?

Once again I'm not against guidelines but they lack of any is literally taking everything from the cities around theme parks. This most likely affects 100 of thousand if not over a million people though out the state.

States are at a disadvantage in that they can't run a deficit like the federal government.
But they can still run if they have deficits correct? I just looked it up and a few states have done this recently, so it can be done.

Also the state should then also be more sympathetic to these real people who have now deficits and help them out or give more than just "coming soon" updates its been 6 months how do you need more time?
Im not saying throw the doors open and say 100% come into Disneyland but something needs to happen sooner rather than later

Status
Not open for further replies.