Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came here to ask something similar. My question is, would any of you guys who are Florida residents travel to the parks from out of state under these circumstances?

I had trips planned to go to Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Great Adventure prior to COVID that I've since canceled. I can't picture myself rushing to reschedule them as of now. Maybe once I go back to the Orlando parks in a month or two I'll feel comfortable hitting up others, but no plans as of now, especially for Great Adventure. Sort of in a "wait and see" mode right now with anything.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I came here to ask something similar. My question is, would any of you guys who are Florida residents travel to the parks from out of state under these circumstances? I come every year from NY. I’ve been holding hope things are better by later in the summer (although I just broke my foot so the decision might have been already made for me). I don’t want to spend a ton of money on a half baked Universal experience compared to what I’m used to.

On the contrary, I’m gonna wanna do something this summer and have some kind of vacation/getaway. I’m just interested in what some others who aren’t local are thinking. And maybe even seeing what some of you guys who are local (and have already experienced the parks under the new guidelines) would do.
I suggest Getting a cabin in Pigeon Forge.

That’s our current plan for the summer.
Kind of similar, though I only live a few minutes from the Appalachian mountains here in western Pa., so it's a easy very short day trip for me. No need for masks or social distancing on the trails and wide open parks. A no hassle low cost staycation.

Is the current Virtual Line like the original, where you just gave to be on Universal Property to get one, or do you have to be scanned into the park?

I came here to ask something similar. My question is, would any of you guys who are Florida residents travel to the parks from out of state under these circumstances? I come every year from NY. I’ve been holding hope things are better by later in the summer (although I just broke my foot so the decision might have been already made for me). I don’t want to spend a ton of money on a half baked Universal experience compared to what I’m used to.

On the contrary, I’m gonna wanna do something this summer and have some kind of vacation/getaway. I’m just interested in what some others who aren’t local are thinking. And maybe even seeing what some of you guys who are local (and have already experienced the parks under the new guidelines) would do.
I’m in DFW Texas.

If it were my first time going, I would absolutely not go, nor would I recommend it for anyone’s first time. I’m going next week for the novelty of it since we go so much (and I have an AP). SW flights were only $49 each way, so dirt cheap to get there.

Last edited:
Today is a learning day. I expect it to be rough. Everything will be evaluated and improved daily.
Oh they’ve done a lot well. But you can’t program away the problems with Virtual Line in a day. Or even a few months.

I’ll say this... if you’ve got old phones laying around in a drawer, bring them.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkridelover

Seeing a lot of images from before temp checks. Before the line markers start. Just bunched up madness.

Temperature check before the markers was not great but not terrible... I think she might be more interested in the “Mouse”planet twitter account getting a shot in at Universal.

I guess nobody can judge another’s comfort level though.

Ive openly been saying this is all too soon, bad idea, whatnot. I don't necessarily not stand by that still either. BUT, I've not officially lost my job (2nd of this pandemic), and am going to be quarantining for 2 weeks. Honestly, I'm temped after I'm inside for 2 weeks to drive down here and find a cheap room for a few nights. If the parks aren't very busy, I'm willing to double mask for others protections, I don't see anyone in my life other than myself and would be attending solo, why not? Sorta losing the "f's" I have left here. Would be fun driving down, idk. Paying attention to this over the next few weeks. I desperately need something happy and positive in my life so I'm curious what this experience is like.

Reactions: Andysol and TommyJK
Temperature check before the markers was not great but not terrible... I think she might be more interested in the “Mouse”planet twitter account getting a shot in at Universal.

I guess nobody can judge another’s comfort level though.

I think they can figure out some better solutions for the first part.

Reactions: Tbad556
It's pretty clear, temperature checks are going to go away quickly. Of all the safety precautions they seem to be the least effective measure anyway. From what I understand, once you get in the park it's great, but the temperature check is a major bottleneck.

Status
Not open for further replies.