Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that something like this isn't being used in the parks:

I'm guessing this is the reason it's not being used in the parks........ yet:

The anti-viral coating, which took ten years to develop, is expected to hit stores in Hong Kong in May following clinical tests in the city back in February, according to Reuters. Shopping malls, schools, churches and sport training facilities in Hong Kong have used the coating, according to researchers, who also say its ingredients are non toxic. HKUST did not immediately respond to a request for comment about whether there were plans for MAP-1 to be made available in the US or other countries.

Do we have any word on what USH is going to do?

Are they planning on opening? It's kinda werid they were so clear in Florida about the parks but over here have not said anything but Disney last week dropped news they wanted to open Disneyland next month.
Are they just waiting to see what Florida numbers are for the next couple of weeks then say that USH is opening within two weeks of an announcement?

Getting more and more apprehensive about going in July. FFS
I know businesses have to make money and people are getting restless, but a theme park simply doesn’t need to be open right now and I personally think they’re all rushing back open bc of the pent-up demand, but the problem is we’re Diving back into the deep end of this thing with another big wave hitting us now.

The protests are dangerous, but at least they are there for a purpose worth fighting for.

Going to a theme park, a mall, a movie theater, a restaurant, a basketball tournament, etc, etc. NONE of that is for any reason except for your enjoyment and the benefit of corporations while putting front line workers at risk, instead of the government putting together a monetary program so that these front line workers don’t need to go back to work yet and companies can get some relief as well.

I don’t really want to hear again that we need to be in business. This is a pandemic and we are in uncharted waters. Weshould do what America has always done, which is FIGURE IT OUT. We’ve always found new solutions to our problems. People shouldn’t be forced to go to work during these times because of corporate greed.

I know businesses have to make money and people are getting restless, but a theme park simply doesn’t need to be open right now and I personally think they’re all rushing back open bc of the pent-up demand, but the problem is we’re Diving back into the deep end of this thing with another big wave hitting us now.

The protests are dangerous, but at least they are there for a purpose worth fighting for.

Going to a theme park, a mall, a movie theater, a restaurant, a basketball tournament, etc, etc. NONE of that is for any reason except for your enjoyment and the benefit of corporations while putting front line workers at risk, instead of the government putting together a monetary program so that these front line workers don’t need to go back to work yet and companies can get some relief as well.

I don’t really want to hear again that we need to be in business. This is a pandemic and we are in uncharted waters. Weshould do what America has always done, which is FIGURE IT OUT. We’ve always found new solutions to our problems. People shouldn’t be forced to go to work during these times because of corporate greed.

So a mom and pop business that they spent their life building isn't worth fighting for? That falls under corporate greed? Sorry you don't want to hear it, but there's millions of people in that situation that probably don't want to hear people telling them they should just keep their business closed and figure it out.

So a mom and pop business that they spent their life building isn't worth fighting for? That falls under corporate greed? Sorry you don't want to hear it, but there's millions of people in that situation that probably don't want to hear people telling them they should just keep their business closed and figure it out.
It is worth fighting for and we have to figure it out. The government could put in another program to fund small businesses for a period of time.

I’m also not calling this to be a nationwide thing as some areas have COVID under decent control. But for places that are hot zones, I just don’t get the rush.

For what it’s worth, small businesses that are OPEN are not necessarily doing great. Some places they’re thriving, others, like some here in Orlando, are closing. Why are they closing? COVID is spreading like wildfire through the staff. So if businesses end up going under anyway because of COVID spread, then what are we doing here?

Regarding Volcano Bay, I can't even figure out why they would open a water park. It seems like a logistical nightmare to attempt to enforce any kind of policy (masks specifically). Maybe I missed something on the regulations for that. Personally, I think it's too soon for any of these theme parks to be opening up but a water park seems especially unnecessary.
Big changes in Disney security.

Wow! This is incredible. Hoping it makes its way to more theme parks and venues. Total game changer.

Reactions: Journey_On
Status
Not open for further replies.