Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a joke.

It's only happened a few times, but with the expanded hub and the addition of new fantasyland which has room to roam, along with opening up backstage paths, the park has roughly a true capacity of 100,000 when they are really pushing it on a night like New Years Eve. I know, because I worked on one of the nights it hit that number.
Yeah no thanks, I don't think I'm ever going to go there.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Just spitballing, but could it also be largely due to blockout dates? For Disney, Silver & lower passes are blocked out through August 6th. None of the UO passes are blocked out currently for USF/IOA. With locals being the main draw currently, that may play a role.

The reservation system may scare some people off too. I thought it was much harder to get a reservation than it really seems to be after looking into it yesterday. :shrug:

as one who has just been looking to understand before I buy, I seem to be pushed to 2021, but I can buy tickets, but need to reserve the days I will go so it seems to make it hard for I think I need to use my ticket in five days (even trying to be a four day FL res)...but I think Disney has been changing the options this past week or so as (as a non ticket holder I just feel they are only now opening to 'parks' for non 2020 ticket holders.

Mondo of Five Fires talked about some interesting rumors he heard that Universal Hollywood may soon open only restaurants & stores of the Upper Lot in the near future. His comments on this are at the 8:15 mark of the following video:

I think if my Dad saw that number he'd say, yep that's about right for a Disney park.

So, wait, if I'm understanding correctly, 100% capacity for that park is 100,000 people. How?

EDIT: Or is this a joke?
That’s the point the fire marshall would say no more. Reality is that phase closes start when the in park count hits high 50s/low 60s depending on who the VP is. There’s a fair amount of fluff between when Disney starts turning the faucet down and where Reedy Creek turns it off.

Reactions: JoeCamel
That’s the point the fire marshall would say no more. Reality is that phase closes start when the in park count hits high 50s/low 60s depending on who the VP is. There’s a fair amount of fluff between when Disney starts turning the faucet down and where Reedy Creek turns it off.
In MK? 50K is about an average day there during normal times. Nowhere close to capacity.

The amount of dunking I saw on Disney yesterday was insane. Not from theme park fans but from regular old weird Twitter.

Same, I saw a lot of regular twitter posts of folks dunking the park for reopening. It also didn't help that any media piece had the same kind of headline of the parks reopening while Florida hit's record spikes, which in turn that's what a lot of folks on twitter were pointing to.

I think they hit the 100,000 and beyond the first time MSEP was leaving. Main Street was 8 rows deep, and even worse in Frontierland. I do know that they set a record for the number of people in the park at the same time that night.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Mondo of Five Fires talked about some interesting rumors he heard that Universal Hollywood may soon open only restaurants & stores of the Upper Lot in the near future. His comments on this are at the 8:15 mark of the following video:

I can't see it. Why bother only opening dining and shopping, in a half-baked (even more not factoring the pandemic) product? That would seem..like a bad show.

Sorry for the self promotion, but I’m kind of excited to have a co-byline on the front page of USA Today tomorrow (assuming 45 doesn’t do anything dramatic tonight)
Nice article :thumbsup: and...You kept it positive. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Skubersky
The amount of dunking I saw on Disney yesterday was insane. Not from theme park fans but from regular old weird Twitter.
Disney may wish they opened all of their parks on the same day because of this. There will probably be a second helping of Twitter just absolutely dunking on them when Epcot and Hollywood Studios open on Wednesday.

Reactions: Tbad556

I mean, it's not for everyone...but I would be very much down for this. I also know others who would love to just get to walk around Potterland and just enjoy being out of there house. So if this does happen, I know I'll most likely go once or twice

Also while I know people are dunking on Disney but the crowds are low and if Disneyland and DCA was the same.....I mean if they allowed people to buy APs I'd get one..this is going to be the easiest year to walk on the new Star Wars rides and one of if not the last year to ride Splash before it changes.

Twitter is only used by something like a fifth of the population, and a lot of that is sporadic use. People tend to over emphasize it's importance. The general public isn't really paying attention. It's primarily hard core users from the fringes/extremes of society and bloggers.
And, the bloggers on twitter have a tendency to be negative oriented, so no big deal on what they say. Their audience is mostly other bloggers.......Just like when Universal opens a new attraction, twitter users usually are negative or trash it. Those people have no lives and aren't really as important as they think they are......................Disney, like Universal is bound to get some criticism for opening because of the Florida surge in cases. No matter how they opened, they still would have received
some media hate. But, they're central to the Orlando economy. No Disney, No Universal = No Orlando Jobs. And when that $600 federal unemployment stimulus disappears iin a couple weeks, not many people are going to get by on that measly $100 to $250 a week Florida pays in unemployment. Pretty simple equation..Both Universal & Disney are doing their best under difficult circumstances. ........LA is a different case. Disney & Universal are just a blip on their massive diversified economy. LA area doesn't need them opened.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpyderDan
Hong Kong: Temporary park closure (July 15th) at this point in time, resort hotels will remain open for now. Looks like it was ordered by the government authorities due to Hong Kong covid case increases lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
Status
Not open for further replies.