Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the intention but...did anyone else notice that Disney recently removed the ability to see wait times on their app if you’re not in the park?

As of last week - it was still accessible.

Not sure about the intention but...did anyone else notice that Disney recently removed the ability to see wait times on their app if you’re not in the park?

don't know about the Disney app on line times but Touring Plans .com app still has the WDW attraction times listed.

That seems to be an issues for people running an iPhone system of lower than ios12, or having not updated the app recently.
If anyone is planning to visit WDW soon, for so much as a dining reservation, I’d make sure that you have at least ios12 to get the latest version of the MDX app for access to Virtual Check-In, the new TotR virtual queue, Wait Times, and more

Reactions: Tbad556
That seems to be an issues for people running an iPhone system of lower than ios12, or having not updated the app recently.
If anyone is planning to visit WDW soon, for so much as a dining reservation, I’d make sure that you have at least ios12 to get the latest version of the MDX app for access to Virtual Check-In, the new TotR virtual queue, Wait Times, and more
Can't verify, but this sounds accurate as I'm able to see the wait times from my home this morning at a quick glance.

On Universal's website the showtimes for most of the shows/characters go only until the 25th.
I haven’t been following this thread too carefully, but there’s chatter of reducing park hours by an hour, shutting down more shows for awhile, and cutting whatever they can starting soon. Not sure how valid these claims are, just passing it along.

I haven’t been following this thread too carefully, but there’s chatter of reducing park hours by an hour, shutting down more shows for awhile, and cutting whatever they can starting soon. Not sure how valid these claims are, just passing it along.
Dang I miss Universal Fireworks

Yes, a few people were posting about that yesterday. Guess they heard the same.

Reactions: Alicia
well actually they are are already operating at reduced hours for July, closing at 6:00
Though the pricing at onsite hotels are on par for July. Seems they would be offering
better deals to get people to stay .
IMHO if they further reduce reduce hours and shows that would be keep people away
even more, being you have to still pay full price to attend.

Reactions: snayberry
well actually they are are already operating at reduced hours for July, closing at 6:00
Though the pricing at onsite hotels are on par for July. Seems they would be offering
IMHO if they further reduce reduce hours and shows that would be keep people away
even more, being you have to still pay full price to attend.
I know it’s already early, But I heard 5pm is being considered. Just sharing what I heard.

Maybe a dumb question....but why do theme parks when they do half days have morning hours and not afternoon/evening.

Like if you want people to come on a Tuesday have the parks closed in the morning and open around noon and close at 9, so people can get off work and come.
Maybe its because I have APs but always thought it was dumb when Parks close before 8 PM, like open later be open later and in theory more people can come because of work..and most store in DTD/City Walk don't open until noon anyway so would make more sense to me as well

I’ll start by saying I agree with you - this is a time when businesses should be experimenting with things and not sticking to all the assumptions they made in the past. Closing at 5 just cuts traffic to Citywalk in the dinner period, so think about running a 9-5 schedule in one park and 10-6 in the other.

But when you have to save money, cutting park hours is the easiest thing to do.

In their defense, pretty much all revenue management has gone out the window and they’re just guessing blindly at how to price.

Last edited:
If they want to save money, they should be closing CityWalk earlier - I'd suggest a move from 11 to 10, possibly even 9. If the parks are closing at 5, that means that by 10 or 11, no one is there. With such a small amount of people staying on-site, it's not even like you're staying open as a part of an on-site amenity or anything right now. I'd bet dinner is even pretty empty right now at CityWalk with the parks closing so early.

Have they ever experimented with phased attraction closings in the later parts of the day? Like closing three attractions at 4pm and then three more at 5 etc.? Would that even work?
I know Disney has done phased attraction closings in the past, but I don’t think Universal has. They do however do phased attraction openings (off the top of my head, I think KidZone, including ET, doesn’t open until an hour or two after the park).

Status
Not open for further replies.