Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who lives in CA, not surprised.

Disney will for sure be the slowest to reopen but after ALL Knotts food event days being sold out before 5 days of the tickets being on sale...Disney and Universal would be foolish not to copy the events in someways.
So I don't when Disney will start having people in the parks at some capacity but my guess would be if the events sell out they might open open the hotels in someway too and see if people are wanting to stay at the resort. But even then no clue how many people would really want to stay at the hotels for smaller food events but Disney Fans are crazy so enough might want to for them to have a reason to have hotels open from Thursday-Monday Morning.

As someone who lives in CA, not surprised.

Disney will for sure be the slowest to reopen but after ALL Knotts food event days being sold out before 5 days of the tickets being on sale...Disney and Universal would be foolish not to copy the events in someways.
So I don't when Disney will start having people in the parks at some capacity but my guess would be if the events sell out they might open open the hotels in someway too and see if people are wanting to stay at the resort. But even then no clue how many people would really want to stay at the hotels for smaller food events but Disney Fans are crazy so enough might want to for them to have a reason to have hotels open from Thursday-Monday Morning.
The hotels are only opening once the parks do in full. I don’t know if DL will even try to do an event like Knotts though just bc it would take probably 2-4 weeks just in calling back cast and setting up distancing measures.

The hotels are only opening once the parks do in full. I don’t know if DL will even try to do an event like Knotts though just bc it would take probably 2-4 weeks just in calling back cast and setting up distancing measures.
Different unions? Why can Knotts just randomly announce this but Disney could not by next month get an event together?

IOA looks fairly busy today, Sunday....looking at the line times on the Touring Plans app, covid era....USF seems busier than normal, but not the same level as IOA.

Has this already been reported on here? It is a great new rule and I hope that Universal is doing the same.

What a horror show... I cannot believe it is this bad down there.

Last edited:
Has this already been reported on here? It is a great new rule and I hope that Universal is doing the same.

So far, Universal is allowing the walk and eat loophole. I suspect that they'll feel the pressure to follow suit, as well as banning bandanas and gaiters like Disney does.

Reactions: Journey_On

This Picture is why I want Disneyland to open....me going to the parks on a weekday and having almost no one there...what a dream

^Somehow, I don't think that's what Disneyland will look like when it eventually reopens. WDW hardly has any local passholders. Disney has a gazillion, most of which will be clammoring to get in.

I figure they'll have park limits, but that'll make it even harder to get a reservation. I'm predicting they'll disappear in a heartbeat.

^Somehow, I don't think that's what Disneyland will look like when it eventually reopens. WDW hardly has any local passholders. Disney has a gazillion, most of which will be clammoring to get in.

I figure they'll have park limits, but that'll make it even harder to get a reservation. I'm predicting they'll disappear in a heartbeat.
WDW has plenty of local passholders. That picture is not an accurate picture of the local demand if Disney allowed. Disney has limited passholders so much in the amount of days per month they can reserve for and basically every day is "sold out" for passholders, which is what's stopping a lot of people from getting in.

Tourists are the ones not wanting to come to WDW for a change.

WDW has plenty of local passholders. That picture is not an accurate picture of the local demand if Disney allowed. Disney has limited passholders so much in the amount of days per month they can reserve for and basically every day is "sold out" for passholders, which is what's stopping a lot of people from getting in.

Tourists are the ones not wanting to come to WDW for a change.
Which is fine with me, having a year or two where the parks just have more open walkways will be a welcome change.

I know they won't be I've always wanted Disneyland for years to limit AP visits, too many locals flood the place and go weekly and rather have crowds not always at peak for those who have already been on the rides 100 times this year.

DHS demand is more front-loaded than any other park with everyone trying to get their Rise boarding spot. When the majority show up at rope drop and nobody can hop in, the place is a ghost town by late afternoon/evening. Based on shadows those look like 7pm photos.

They should carve an hour off the end of Studios and shift it to MK. But I’m guessing they furloughed the people who could tell them that. Also probably time to start exploring dipping a toe into park hopping - they actually have the means to control it.

Last edited:
UO has made some updates to their facial covering policy, effective tomorrow (7/22). Specifically, these are the updates:

What is considered an appropriate facial covering for my visit?
An appropriate face covering for a visit to Universal Orlando must fit the following criteria:
  • Must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin
  • Must fit snugly against the sides of your face and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head
  • Must be at least two-ply (consist of at least two layers)
The following are NOT permitted at Universal Orlando:
  • Face coverings with exhalation valves
  • Face coverings that are not secured with ear loops or secured around your head
  • Face coverings that include mesh material or holes of any kind
  • Costume masks or veils, per our costume guidelines
What about face coverings when guests are eating?
Guests must wear face coverings at all times, unless they are actively eating or drinking, and they must also be socially distanced from other travel parties while consuming their food or beverage. Inside restaurants, we have arranged tables and seating so that guests can safely remove their face coverings while enjoying their dining experience.

Found here and uoteam.com.

UO has made some updates to their facial covering policy, effective tomorrow (7/22). Specifically, these are the updates:

An appropriate face covering for a visit to Universal Orlando must fit the following criteria:
  • Must fit snugly against the sides of your face and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head
  • Face coverings that are not secured with ear loops or secured around your head
Guests must wear face coverings at all times, unless they are actively eating or drinking, and they must also be socially distanced from other travel parties while consuming their food or beverage. Inside restaurants, we have arranged tables and seating so that guests can safely remove their face coverings while enjoying their dining experience.

Makes sense. I'd heard a few stories of mesh masks becoming a nuisance for some TM friends this week, so it's nice to see them cracking down on it.

That will catch a bunch of people that bought the masks with the valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.