This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Not sure if this is the proper thread, but I figured I'd share this.
I was going to share times as well

I 100% admit I’m part of the problem

I’ve gone did years because it’s the cheapest entertainment in town

I hope they keep pushing via media and get more people on the employees side,

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513

Not sure if this is the proper thread, but I figured I'd share this.

Reading “I’ve had panic attacks myself, numerous times, at work. You think, ‘Am I going to I die here?’" made my stomach turn. Utterly depressing.

Yea... thats relatable content. Of course, I worked at USH pre-covid so it wasn't this level of bad. But I definitely felt the need to work as much as possible. Jurassic caused stress, but that was mostly due to poor management/leadership. Outside of that, it was great.

I experienced this type of hell while working at Knott's though. It'd be so bad that they'd cut our shifts while also promoting that they're currently hiring. That's why I had to get a 2nd job & not really have a day off. Woo!

So yea, it's a struggle. Having worked 3 of the 5 (just need Disney & SeaWorld lol) major parks in SoCal, I've seen/experienced it on various levels.

Yea... thats relatable content. Of course, I worked at USH pre-covid so it wasn't this level of bad. But I definitely felt the need to work as much as possible. Jurassic caused stress, but that was mostly due to poor management/leadership. Outside of that, it was great.

I experienced this type of hell while working at Knott's though. It'd be so bad that they'd cut our shifts while also promoting that they're currently hiring. That's why I had to get a 2nd job & not really have a day off. Woo!

So yea, it's a struggle. Having worked 3 of the 5 (just need Disney & SeaWorld lol) major parks in SoCal, I've seen/experienced it on various levels.
I hate hearing this

So much especially considering how many parks are doing well

I feels like it's the Top that is causing this not just because of trying to squeeze every penny out of TM/CM's for the companies profits but I bet most of the issues we as fans have with the parks come from cost cutting them not even wanting to put a second of effort into park polciy's that would make the experience smooth for everyone

Oh it was always a struggle for me having been a long time AP member for the various parks. So I always saw things differently as an employee. I'd apply that guest pov experience to my mindset, something most staff fail to do.

The higher ups are definitely out of touch with reality. Same can be said about a lot of management as well.

That's why I'd always try to get a few hours of fun in before/after work, or a rare day off, to not lose that love of the parks.

I wonder what the hourly rate needs to be to help pull these workers out of poverty.
Depends on how far they want to drive to work

But the Valley costs around 2,000 bucks just to live, if you go to LA and Hollywood those will cost the same if not more. Also 2,000 before utilities most the time, not including you need a car, car insurance, health care/dental/maybe vision?, gas and food

Maybe you can cut back on some of those things but thats what you need just to live near LA, not including you know having fun

So its sad but....makes sense how some are homeless if they aren't getting near 3 thousand dollars without a partner...you either need roommates, family supporting you or have someone who is willing to rent something cheap to you like room at their home

Older generations will say these jobs should all be done by teens....but most people I come in contract with at the parks seem to be at least over 18 for the most part.
The problem is it's kinda a country wide issue

The 1% now has as much wealth as the entire middle class and they want profits to keep climbing, so unless a law passes or revolution happens I sadly don't see this getting any better anytime soon. I know the union could get more but Universal refuses to talk with them per the article and even if they do....I bet it won't be enough to help most people be able to live in LA.

The timing of this article dropping seems deliberate. Apparently the park brass had a big meeting last night where they touted how much money they've made recently.
Not surprising, HHN having around 20,000 people on most nights with Express sold out, SNW early entry passes, VIP and express selling out on most people days, no more coke coupons like back when USH was begging people to come in, Food items with extremely high mark ups and refusing to pay your park managers and TMs livable wages

I don't want them to because I would not be able to enter the park but TMs might need to consider striking this summer or HHN, they deserve so much better. We all do

The timing of this article dropping seems deliberate. Apparently the park brass had a big meeting last night where they touted how much money they've made recently.

The thing that makes me question is that it seems THR deliberately planned to have this out *yesterday*; as paper copies came out with this very specific article.

The thing that makes me question is that it seems THR deliberately planned to have this out *yesterday*; as paper copies came out with this very specific article.
This happens all the time

Also this is not new the TM have been pushing for a raise for a LONG time and the parks were doing well for a while

They had this ready to go and one of the middle managers tipped them off that this is the time to do it

This happens all the time

Also this is not new the TM have been pushing for a raise for a LONG time and the parks were doing well for a while

They had this ready to go and one of the middle managers tipped them off that this is the time to do it
I mean it’s so bad that I know current team members that don’t have money to even eat at the onsite facilities. It’s things like this that makes me question certain things they do In the park. Kinda like they got money for this new hotel but not enough to pay there employees type thing. But that’s life

I mean it’s so bad that I know current team members that don’t have money to even eat at the onsite facilities. It’s things like this that makes me question certain things they do In the park. Kinda like they got money for this new hotel but not enough to pay there employees type thing. But that’s life
At some point it can’t be

It most people have no money, then how the heck am I suppose to go to epic universe or HHN?

That’s my discount with entertainment companies they want all this money and pass it to people who don’t go to their parks and spend

Hopefully one day young people get off their butts and vote or the masses protest the welfare for the rich

Also god, to I hate hearing that. Just boils my blood that someone can’t afford food even as USH prints money, I honestly don’t know how these rich people sleep at night and how they became so unemphatic.

I think it’s only fair that Universal raises the hourly rate for its employees at USH. I’m more familiar with the Florida parks because I live closer to them.

The cost of living is insane in California so anybody making minimum wage is barely getting by. It’s very sad to read these stories of TM’s having to struggle for the basics.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513