Thor: Love and Thunder | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Thor: Love and Thunder

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn't Hemsworth a little burnt out on Marvel too? Might be it for the Thor franchise. The MCU feels like it's fighting entropy now.
AFAIK, isn’t Hemsworth suffering from some health problems; which is why he’s more conscious about his role in future MCU entries?
Agreed

But even Thor 2 villain is more well done then things we are getting now...which is...insane to me

Thor 4 had such a great villain and he's just wasted, like he works well enough but with the actor they got as well it was a waste. The black and white fight was sooooo badass but then the tone goes to kids with super powers using a teddy bear as a weapon...just the tone was off and story would have worked better as a drama then Comedy

I think Mighty Thor was well done and wish we could get mini episodes about her before the film or a MCU special. But yeah to have a movie that is trying to do all these adult themes about relationships and cancer/death and then have goats that are made for babies to laugh and Thor doing the split's while fighting Chicken men...it's like two different films combined but it doesn't work well

I really do like some of the parts of Thor 4 but....wish the tone was different and I will be on my death bed saying it was a god dam waste not to have Moon Knight show up...you have a movies with all the GODS even a cartoon one but one fot he gods we know isn;t there? Makes sense

Old MCU got it right, I didn't need Moonkight as a main character but to show up like Dr Strange did in Ragnok to remind people this character is also apart of all this
I watched a motion comic adaptation of the Jason Aaron story arc from which Gorr hails from; and honestly the MCU version is not a great adaptation of that, Comics!Gorr was way more terrifying and effective a villain compared to Taika’s take.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
AFAIK, isn’t Hemsworth suffering from some health problems; which is why he’s more conscious about his role in future MCU entries?

I watched a motion comic adaptation of the Jason Aaron story arc from which Gorr hails from; and honestly the MCU version is not a great adaptation of that, Comics!Gorr was way more terrifying and effective a villain compared to Taika’s take.
Thor God butcher?

He's given wonderful performances as the character before, multiple times. It's all on the direction, which we know for a fact was all over the place, money-hungry, and haphazard. Taika didn't care, and everyone put their faith into him anyways because he had created some great results in the past and didn't want to get in his way.

Of the early post-Endgame MCU films, Doctor Strange 2 and especially Thor 4 had a lot riding on them. Two of the biggest remaining heroes releasing flop films that early on was kind of a death knell. Black Panther couldn't right the ship without T'Challa unfortunately, and GotG came way too late. Ant-Man was the tombstone. Here's hoping Deadpool can cause some buzz again.

Reactions: saint.piss
I get why Hemsworth doesn’t like his performance In retrospect, but I don’t blame him. He was told to act a certain way (or to simply improv). This is on Taika.

There's A LOT of good in the film that gets overshadowed because they went too far with the silliness. I don't understand how no one involved didn't see it, especially during post.

Of the early post-Endgame MCU films, Doctor Strange 2 and especially Thor 4 had a lot riding on them. Two of the biggest remaining heroes releasing flop films that early on was kind of a death knell. Black Panther couldn't right the ship without T'Challa unfortunately, and GotG came way too late. Ant-Man was the tombstone. Here's hoping Deadpool can cause some buzz again.

I wouldn't call a Strange a flop... (or even Thor for that matter. It just missed the mark).

I'm not talking about film quality. I'm talking about the health of the larger MCU as a franchise, which is clearly not doing hot at all. Black Panther and Guardians got people to go see those specific (really good) movies, but weren't able to reignite the fervor that the MCU had in it's prime. We've seen the lowest numbers in MCU history (The Marvels and Secret Invasion) after BP/GotG, and even the really good stuff like Loki is doing way worse than S1 just a few years ago.

I don't call Strange and Thor flops because they didn't make money; they made significant amounts of money and lots of people went to see them. Maybe flop is the wrong term to use, but I consider them "flops" because they did not satisfy their audiences or leave them wanting more afterwards. I think Strange and Thor were a significant fall-off point because despite Black Panther and Guardians being great, the MCU spell was broken and people became way more wary of going out to see an MCU film in theatres after that. There was a lot of hype going into DS/GotG that ended up swiftly evaporating for films like Ant-Man.

Pre-Thor 4, even bad movies were massive box office success stories; Post-Thor 4, even good movies aren't absolutely demolishing box offices like they used to.

In Katy Perry terms, Thor L&T is Prism. A massive success despite it being derivative and mediocre at absolute best. Ant-Man is Witness.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
I get why Hemsworth doesn’t like his performance In retrospect, but I don’t blame him. He was told to act a certain way (or to simply improv). This is on Taika.

Even though I also don't blame him (I put the blame squarely on Waititi), it's refreshing that he's introspective and self-aware about it.

Hopefully that means if we ever do see Hemsworth as Thor again, it will be closer to the RAGNAROK/INFINITY WAR version (the ideal balance of pathos and humor).

I'm not talking about film quality. I'm talking about the health of the larger MCU as a franchise, which is clearly not doing hot at all. Black Panther and Guardians got people to go see those specific (really good) movies, but weren't able to reignite the fervor that the MCU had in it's prime. We've seen the lowest numbers in MCU history (The Marvels and Secret Invasion) after BP/GotG, and even the really good stuff like Loki is doing way worse than S1 just a few years ago.

I don't call Strange and Thor flops because they didn't make money; they made significant amounts of money and lots of people went to see them. Maybe flop is the wrong term to use, but I consider them "flops" because they did not satisfy their audiences or leave them wanting more afterwards. I think Strange and Thor were a significant fall-off point because despite Black Panther and Guardians being great, the MCU spell was broken and people became way more wary of going out to see an MCU film in theatres after that. There was a lot of hype going into DS/GotG that ended up swiftly evaporating for films like Ant-Man.

Pre-Thor 4, even bad movies were massive box office success stories; Post-Thor 4, even good movies aren't absolutely demolishing box offices like they used to.

The problem with Phase 4 MCU was the focus on Disney+ for characters the audience doesn't care about and stretching themselves too thin. BO in a post-COVID world is a lot different, too.

While Thor 4 was definitely not as well received by fans, Dr. Strange had a fair amount of positive response (and not that different than the first film). I think sometimes we forget that not all the films in the Infinity Saga were hits. Thor 2, Ant-Man 1 & 2, Iron Man 2 & 3 get A LOT of crap from fans.

In Katy Perry terms, Thor L&T is Prism. A massive success despite it being derivative and mediocre at absolute best. Ant-Man is Witness.

I Dont Get It The Office GIF

Even though I also don't blame him (I put the blame squarely on Waititi), it's refreshing that he's introspective and self-aware about it.

Hopefully that means if we ever do see Hemsworth as Thor again, it will be closer to the RAGNAROK/INFINITY WAR version (the ideal balance of pathos and humor).

Yeah. I love silly, but sometimes you need scenes dealing with cancer breathe just a bit...

I remember in the lead up to Love and Thunder they were hyping the film and how it would make Ragnarok look tame in comparison. But instead Love and Thunder was a huge step down from Ragnarok. As for when we would see a Thor 5, maybe in 2027 after Secret Wars at the earliest.