Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
if I can steal something I read on another forum....Get ready for "Screen Mountain".

I really hope they don't mess this up...

Once again, let’s not put the cart before the horse. The backlash against the TOT retheme was epic. Disneyland followed through and people love it now. Let’s not assume we speak for everyone, or that we can predict the future.

I was thinking the same thing, which is why I'm reserving judgement this time as that was a home run of a retheme.

Reactions: Nico and Grabnar
With the theme parks' financial situation, the downside is that they might really go the cheap route with the redo, and cost value engineer many of the initial concepts from the model they were working on. Hopefully they keep most of the AA's and just dress them up in new fur and skins, kind of like they did when they reused AA's from a previous attraction for Splash. .

With the theme parks' financial situation, the downside is that they might really go the cheap route with the redo, and cost value engineer many of initial concepts from the model they were working on. Hopefully they keep most of the AA's and just dress them up in new fur and skins, kind of like they did when they reused AA's from a previous attraction for Splash. .

I would imagine the river boat is going to stay for obvious reasons.
If they do this RIGHT, I think it could be great, but when was the last time Disney did something right? lol.

Rise is great, but it breaks down constantly, and has terrible capacity issues. At least it did before COVID.

I'm not really convinced Disney will spend the money it needs to, to make this a AAA Attraction again. Of course, I could be wrong, but my expectations are very low at this point.

Reactions: Cwoolboy and SkiBum
I like the fact that it takes place after they have been returned to human form and not simply a retelling of the movie. Splash Mountain told a story that could be followed without understanding the movie. I hope that they have something similar. A storyline and not simply characters randomly popping up like "Frozen Ever After". Maybe the villainous voodoo doctor somehow comes back or some other adventure comes into play.

As far as it fitting into the MK "Frontierland", the end of Frontierland between Liberty Square and Splash is kind of a mess anyway. Near Liberty Square, you have a western Show Palace with The Horseshoe Review, then it moves back east to Southern Appalachia for Country Bears, then back west for The Shooting Gallery, then back across the Mississippi and south for Splash as it is now.

All they would have to do is change Horseshoe Review to feature more Nashville style Country Music and remove the Shooting Gallery for something more Country than Western. That way you would have a consistent move west from Philadelphia to the red rocks of Utah.

But as I mentioned before. Splash is already a mash-up between the Okefenokee Swamp in GA and the Louisiana Bayou. So...:shrug:

This probably needs its own thread (lol this whole week needs multiple threads), but does anyone think Pooh gets changed out at Disneyland? It usually has infamously short waits but it might still be a merch pusher.

Like the point earlier, I wonder if this will end up being seen as virtue signaling in retrospect. With no announced Splash closing and a pretty sure severe downturn in business coming, Disney has set them self up pretty well to never do this. Once attendance tanks, they can quietly not mention it, and if anyone asks, they can just say "With the current economical situation all new projects are on hold. We will let you know once things improve and we are able to schedule the re-theme". The other thought is that the economic downturn could end up turning this into a bottom dollar retheme with just changing what they have to and projection mapping the rest.

Not saying that's their plan here, but we know Disney's history of cancelling projects, and they have a perfect excuse to start cancelling things.

This probably needs its own thread (lol this whole week needs multiple threads), but does anyone think Pooh gets changed out at Disneyland? It usually has infamously short waits but it might still be a merch pusher.
If they upgraded the ride, then I'd be fine if it stayed as it is now....I don't care what they do with it

Like the point earlier, I wonder if this will end up being seen as virtue signaling in retrospect. With no announced Splash closing and a pretty sure severe downturn in business coming, Disney has set them self up pretty well to never do this. Once attendance tanks, they can quietly not mention it, and if anyone asks, they can just say "With the current economical situation all new projects are on hold. We will let you know once things improve and we are able to schedule the re-theme". The other thought is that the economic downturn could end up turning this into a bottom dollar retheme with just changing what they have to and projection mapping the rest.

Not saying that's their plan here, but we know Disney's history of cancelling projects, and they have a perfect excuse to start cancelling things.
A few points:

This is definitely happening now. They can’t afford to cancel it post announcement.

It will be high quality. They can’t afford it not to be.

Honestly very surprised considering how many employees that Disney has furloughed and the recent projects they have shelved(This $$ is going to be taken from a way more necessary cause). I wonder if some other Disney properties will have trouble. I have already seen threads to remove the partner statues from parks and Abigail Disney has been very vocal about how Walt is a racist

While my posts and opinions are staunchly in favor of this overhaul, I just want to say I do understand the other side. I know how attached we all get to rides and memories associated with them. I hope those that are opposed will be able to build new memories after the re-theme while cherishing the old. If you set aside the backstory this is truly a great ride, but I just don't think we can forever set aside that back story.

This is definitely part PR move in time with current events. Hoping they can keep it open a little longer for one last ride. Last two times I went the ride was in rehab, mainly because I go in the winter months.

Reactions: Andysol