Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yessssss hehe

Are you Readyyyyy...Transformation central

5d30b79a5a48714c6cb656ded83ee587.jpg

If done right the scene before the drop will be nuts
This was the first thing that came to my mind. There's so many possibilities for the lift before the big drop. If they mess that up they're just incompetent. Imagine a whole bunch of Voodoo shenanigans with "Friends on the Other side" playing.

For the couple of comments on this being out of theme with the theme of Frontierland, Song of the South was set in Georgia, while Princess is set in Louisiana. If anything, this is taking 2-3 states closer to the "old west", so should be celebrated as more accurate to the land.

It’s Disney... they’ll say anything that might put them in a better light.

This is the only bit of snark about this ride closing that I'll agree with :lol: Let's not forget that they hid away this movie in the vault in the US before this ride ever opened. The racism of the ride is no surprise to the company by any means. I'll gladly take the change however we can get it though.

Reactions: Frogki and Nico
This is the only bit of snark about this ride closing that I'll agree with :lol: Let's not forget that they hid away this movie in the vault in the US before this ride ever opened. The racism of the ride is no surprise to the company by any means. I'll gladly take the change however we can get it though.
My opinion is that this was like an idea someone had and this was the push to get it green lit. Which is sometimes the start to something good.

I usually don't buy the PR speak but I'm inclined to lean towards believing this. Splash has always been problematic, from source material to reliability. Obviously now, the source material pushback has become very amplified which may have led Disney to just green light and fast track this project.

Disney has done a lot to separate themselves from Song of the South and they did a pretty great job of sterilizing Splash from the source material - but the stain of the source material is still there. To be honest, there's been pushback for Splash for years but it was always drowned out because "it's just a theme park ride" and probably a little to do with a real lack of diversity in the community. Where before it was a whimper, now it's a yell.

I love Splash and will miss it, but Disney has a good opportunity here to right the ship a bit. It also gives Disney's first and only black princess her own headlining attraction.

The inclusion of Baxter and Trowbridge is promising, and tbh - I love PatF and think it presents for some pretty awesome possibilities.

Honestly, unlike a lot of people, I'm really fine with this. Its understandable to not want to lose a pretty iconic ride thats been at both of the parks for 30 years, but other than loss of iconicity I don't see a lot of problems with this. The only thing I'm worried about is that they won't put enough money into it and we'll have an incredicoaster situation where a retheme actually worstened the experience. If they throw enough money at this to actually transform it and throw in some beauty and the beast tier animatronics, I think this could be something really great. Not to mention it satisfies my previously hopeless dream for a New Orleans Square expansion.
On the topic of whether disney has really been working on this for a year, I think they have. Concept art takes time to make, so I strongly doubt they whipped it up in a week just in response to the backlash. If anything, part of me wonders if the idea floating out onto twitter was intentional by disney to test the waters for how this plan would be recieved, since its very easy to float an idea out as "speculation" and cancel it behind closed doors if theres nothing but backlash and no money has been put into it yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if this included the PATF restaurant concept from the WDS Paris expansion plans.

Based on the everything of it all... What are people's thoughts on the timeline for this?

I'm guessing 2022.

They can keep the ride open (when the parks open) while they work on the replacement AA and screens off-site and shut it down in 2021. I wouldn't be shocked to see much of what we loved about current Splash be kept in future Splash.