Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is an award winning song and think its the one thing I can understand if people aren't as big of the fan of the new song....once again its good but I just understand why its not for everyone
I hear ya, and I think it's a nearly impossible bar to clear. For all its issues, the song is one of the greatest earworms ever played in a theme park. This is an area of the attraction I'm happy to settle for "good" or "great" rather than "better."

I hear ya, and I think it's a nearly impossible bar to clear. For all its issues, the song is one of the greatest earworms ever played in a theme park. This is an area of the attraction I'm happy to settle for "good" or "great" rather than "better."
Honestly this song gets close to being amazing...I just can't get into the second part of the song where it has the kinda generic music song

Toss your talent in like making gumbo. You stir it all in to make the perfect combo. Nothing is wasted. It all gets used like when we play together, we just can't lose.

But I think the rest of the Song really is pretty song and Anika Noni Rose hits those others notes just perfectly

Reactions: Jake S
I also think it really fits the finale well. You've just come down this big, exciting drop and you're hit with this big, almost painfully optimistic song. Just feels like Disneyland.

I had a bad dream last night after I heard and saw information about this ride.
At WDW you need to be okay to shape shift into many animals who aren't (to me) very nice. We are shrunken into a bug at AK, becoming a rat in Epcot and now we have to endure to become a frog in the search of the magical ingredient. So there in my dream I find the magic mushrooms who are so big and Tiana is watching me closely with her huge eyes and I must maybe licked on mushroom because what follows is a massive trip and leaves you wet. I slowly continue my journey to the end scene, a huge party in honor of me as I am the secret ingredient! Tiana comes after me with a huge knife while singing slicing and dicing parts of my body until I am a bloody mess.

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
When do CMs get to start riding? This week? Looking forward to hearing their reactions.

I had a bad dream last night after I heard and saw information about this ride.
At WDW you need to be okay to shape shift into many animals who aren't (to me) very nice. We are shrunken into a bug at AK, becoming a rat in Epcot and now we have to endure to become a frog in the search of the magical ingredient. So there in my dream I find the magic mushrooms who are so big and Tiana is watching me closely with her huge eyes and I must maybe licked on mushroom because what follows is a massive trip and leaves you wet. I slowly continue my journey to the end scene, a huge party in honor of me as I am the secret ingredient! Tiana comes after me with a huge knife while singing slicing and dicing parts of my body until I am a bloody mess.
Damn this is a disney thread not HHN one :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
I like the song, but I am curious how it will play on the loop. Zip-A-Dee Doo Dah was mostly chorus and the verses didn't really matter. Because of this, you could move into the finale scene at any point in the song and it didn't really matter from a continuity standpoint. This song feels more structured so it almost feels like you have to hear it beginning to end.

I would be happy to be wrong.

In terms of the actual, physical content of the ride scenes, it looks like Disney did a great job. Fundamentally uses the same approach as Splash. Lots of AAs and figures. That's all very good.

The ride narrative, as some of us suspected, doesn't quite feel satisfying because there's no tonal variation (read: tension) related to the drop (or anything else). I also think all the songs sound kind of interchangeable (as they're arranged and presented in the ride), which is not something I'd have ever said about the soundtrack for Splash.

The ride narrative, as some of us suspected, doesn't quite feel satisfying because there's no tonal variation (read: tension) related to the drop (or anything else).
They absolutely punted on the final lift hill. It’s quite something. It’s a simple fix. Sprinkle in Facilier shadows throughout the ride culminating in a big scene with him at the lift hill.

They absolutely punted on the final lift hill. It’s quite something. It’s a simple fix. Sprinkle in Facilier shadows throughout the ride culminating in a big scene with him at the lift hill.
We can debate the well-intentioned wisdom (or not) of not including the character for cultural reasons, or what have you, but his absence absolutely doesn't help the ride.

The transformation has been beautifuly done, and some great animatronics, but that felt..... boring?

I need to rewatch the PATF as I remember the music being MUCH better than whats in this.
Breaking news, Bob Iger found on IU forums.

EDIT: Can't say I disagree with him.

EDIT 2: Also, like many things with Disney, releasing this POV early is an idea with obvious short term benefits (i.e stealing all that ad revenue from smaller content creators) that hasn't been considered outside of Disney's idealized and paternalistic conception of audience expectations and behavior. The reason why you withhold POVs from the public or filter them through the hands of a few enthusiastic influencers is that they provide a hyperbolized perspective that, while possibly genuine, ultimately still dovetails with the goals of the marketing campaign. Unless you already have the goods (which this ride arguably doesn't), releasing the POV like this in an oddly edited and sound designed form (they really couldn't clear any logs from the track?) just opens the ride up to comprehensive criticism before it's even opened. And this is especially baffling because, fairly or unfairly, the knives are out for this attraction; an entire sphere of content creators is ready to pounce on it. Perhaps Disney was pleasantly surprised by the response to the animatronic promotional videos, and hubristically decided to forgo any strategic concerns due to a blinkered belief in the quality and acceptance of (all) their products. Which is pretty much their approach to everything these days.

Last edited:
Granted, basing this off a POV, but a certain je ne sais quoi is missing.
I really think it's a story/structure/tone thing. It's all kind of one-note (not a bad note, necessarily, but not a lot of tonal or plot variety).

I also think it's a bit curious that so much of the backstory that has been invented for the ride essentially has nothing to do with what actually happens on the ride; all of the "Tiana is an entrepreneur with a salt mine!" stuff doesn't factor into the story at all. It's just "We need a critter band." Now, I happen to think the simplicity of the latter is better than the former, but it's odd that so much time and effort was invested in promoting the former.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Tianna’s food. I think it’s pretty well done for a remake of a classic. The new AAs are really great. Weakest area appears to be the old laughing place to me. Just feels a little empty compared to the original, plus I miss that song more then zippity doo dah.