Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this ride will be a worthy replacement, but I find the choice of pictures questionable, why not show off the new AA scenes, Instead of what are essentially transitional scenes with minimal changes compared to splash.
So that people go into this with low expectations, and end up being shocked at the newer scenes. Disney has been holding back on the "good stuff" intentionally.

I'm honestly jealous you watched it, I'm going to avoid spoilers till I ride it in 2 weeks. Oof. This is going to suck :sob:
I've been trying to avoid seeing indoor scene spoilers since forever. I haven't even watched the animatronic preview videos from awhile back. What stinks is that I've got no clue when I'll be able to head over and try it out either! The opening month reservation system is so convoluted and luck-based I have no desire to even bother until I know I can consistently and definitely get a VQ time for the thing. Gonna be a long spoiler-free 2 months for me haha!

Reactions: saint.piss
The only thing really bumping for me right now are the
screens with CGI characters.
Everything else is looking slick (I'm not going to comment on the lighting yet, which probably isn't finalized/is inevitably modified to accommodate the cameras).

I think that finale looks great. Lots of animated figures all over the place.

All those months of doing “visual research” at New Orleans, and the best they can come up with was just copy + pasting the facade for DL’s Pirates?

Also yuck at the screens for windows.
I mean, I think it could have been much, much (MUCH) worse.

There was never going to be a version of this that didn't have any projection stuff, but as long as scenes are predominantly driven by sets and figures, that's a win.

I think that finale looks great. Lots of animated figures all over the place.

I mean, I think it could have been much, much (MUCH) worse.

There was never going to be a version of this that didn't have any projection stuff, but as long as scenes are predominantly driven by sets and figures, that's a win.

I get what they're going for, but I think the choice to try to make the animation mimic the look of the animatronic figures is the wrong one. It can't help but appear uncanny.

The Splash fanboys are about to drive me crazy like it’s getting ridiculous at this point.
I'm trying to bite my tongue because there's a timeline where I end up falling in similar pitfalls with Dinosaur -> Indy in a few years :lmao: , but man, I just can't imagine getting this worked up over a faithful reimagining of the exact same ride. Splash was wonderful in it's own ways, but this will clearly be an improvement for the park and for the ride's legacy. Anyone being really vitriolic at the change this many years after Splash's closure just strikes me as either unhealthily nostalgic or... well, yknow. It's all just silliness.

I'm trying to bite my tongue because there's a timeline where I end up falling in similar pitfalls with Dinosaur -> Indy in a few years :lmao: , but man, I just can't imagine getting this worked up over a faithful reimagining of the exact same ride. Splash was wonderful in it's own ways, but this will clearly be an improvement for the park and for the ride's legacy. Anyone being really vitriolic at the change this many years after Splash's closure just strikes me as either unhealthily nostalgic or... well, yknow. It's all just silliness.
I understand it was iconic attraction as Splash but tbh they are not changing a ton.

They are literally just redressing the current sets and adding other updates to extend its life.

I don’t see how this new iteration is nothing but a home run for Disney. Of course there be changes not all fans like but so far it looks promising.

It looks like they did a good job with the show scenes...and the animatronics are a chef's kiss. That being said......they will never surpass the songs of Splash. They are brain worms....catchy, memorable and classic. That being said....they will eventually fade in people's memories as Disney keeps them buried in their vault and everyone that rode Splash eventually die off :lmao:o_O

So without riding it which could definitely change my take one way or another I'd say.....

Animatronics: Tiana > Splash
Music: Splash > Tiana

With the ride itself being the same.....that's a wash.

So it will come down to the storyline and overall vibe which riding this will be a must to pass judgement on that aspect. Despite the story/movie that the Splash characters were based on.....the characters and ride storyline were top notch and it was a happy/feel good ride. I hope that Tiana can pull that off as well. Having mostly human based characters vs. "critters" carry the story is a bit tougher to pull off IMO.