Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a POC who did enjoy Splash Mountain, yet hated the background of it, I very much welcome this change. However, I feel Disney is really going to have to blow this out of the water to quell those upset and didn't feel anything was wrong with Splash Mountain.

I'm also happy they are doing it after Tiana is turned back human which shows Disney actually did their homework...

I think this also is happening due to limited capacity and tourism being down and such. What I mean is, they may have wanted to do this for awhile for all we know, but there's no perfect time to close one of the mountains for an extended period of time at the busiest park in the world. With travel and attendance being low right now, this is the perfect time to get something like this done and it won't really effect daily ops much.

While we're at it, lets fix Space Mountain while the crowds are still low.

I believe the Bon Weiss interview clarified that the attraction will reopen with the park. So I assume they still have a lot of design work to do.

So let's say the ride re-do is actually good, where it still uses most of the AAs of Splash but also uses the tech today to tell a better story - then what's the beef about?
The ride is 20+ years old... it can’t last forever, watch this whole Reskin be like 2 or 3 new scenes just enough to change the story. I think me not being a hardcore Disney fan makes this change mean nothing to me.

I believe the Bon Weiss interview clarified that the attraction will reopen with the park. So I assume they still have a lot of design work to do.
They can probably do a lot of stuff to the ride with it still operating and then just take it down down for an extended period of time to do the big stuff.

So let's say the ride re-do is actually good, where it still uses most of the AAs of Splash but also uses the tech today to tell a better story - then what's the beef about?

From what I'm seeing, I believe a culmination of 4 things:
1. Disney Purists- they want the parks and things to remain the same as they were since they were children.
2. The obvious political reasons
3. Those who hate change in general.
4. I truly believe some people don't like PaTF so its something that doesn't interest them so they don't want an attraction based on it.

I do think some people who are upset and have some "hot takes" will realize later when tensions aren't high that they shouldn't have said anything because right now, some people have made some statements that miss the point.

An a fun thing to add about the tech, what if they use the same kind of mix of sets, AA's and projections a la' Alice and Wonderland/Navi River Journey? Because I can see that working incredibly well for fireflies, anything Dr. Facilier if they do incorporate him somehow etc. There's some serious potential here.

If it's a good ride, people will say "why couldn't you have built Tiana her own ride instead of having to sacrifice Splash for it? Then we'd have two great rides." Blah, blah. There's always going to be a reason. And again, I agree that PatF should've gotten a ground-up ride, but at the same time it's quite hypocritical that Disney won't acknowledge that SotS exists yet they have a ride based on it. They couldn't continue to have it both ways and i'm sure Chapek loves this anyway as they'll make way more money off of PatF merch than they did off of Splash.

Also, could the re-emergence of PatF into the pop-culture zeitgeist lead to a sequel? I certainly wouldn't complain.

I’m coming into this late so I’m not gonna say anything new but I might as well give my quick thoughts. I’m sure this is gonna be great, I’m really sad to see Splash go, I think PaTF should of got it’s own ride. My one hope for this is the ride doesn't break down as much, I feel like I haven’t been on Disneyland Splash in years because every attempt to go on the ride was either closed or broke down while in line.

From what I'm seeing, I believe a culmination of 4 things:
1. Disney Purists- they want the parks and things to remain the same as they were since they were children.
2. The obvious political reasons
3. Those who hate change in general.
4. I truly believe some people don't like PaTF so its something that doesn't interest them so they don't want an attraction based on it.

I do think some people who are upset and have some "hot takes" will realize later when tensions aren't high that they shouldn't have said anything because right now, some people have made some statements that miss the point.

I think this is mostly spot on. Voicing your opinion is fine, but as a long time theme park fan remaining cautiously optimistic about new projects typically fares better.

Seeing the chance for Disneyland to expand New Orleans Square, and to include Tiana makes me giddy.

My girlfriend and I were just talking about this in regards to what will happen to Critter Country as a "land" if PATF indeed becomes an extension of New Orleans Square in Disneyland. As it is, Pooh is then just awkwardly stuck there in between NOS and the western entrance of Galaxy's Edge. Including Pooh in the NOS extension makes zero sense, and it's not like GE can really expand downwards to be adjacent to Splash/PATF like Pooh is.

We both agreed that they should just ditch the Critter Country name, slap "The Hundred Acre Wood" on the immediate vicinity around the ride (i.e. the store) for branding purposes on the park maps, and be done with it.

This is something I never really considered. It's never going to happen but if they use the Shanghai POTC tech, it could be ridiculous.

As for Disney retheming rides, I think that Guardians is better than all Tower of Terror versions.

Well, it's ultimately going to come down to personal taste and personal connection, isn't it? I've been enjoying Splash Mountain for a much longer period of my life than I have THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG, which came out when I was an adult. So no matter how good the new attraction ends up being, there will always be part of me that can't shake the specter of the original (like with Frozen Ever After, where I ride through there impressed with what they did given the constraints of the space... but also keenly aware of how much more I enjoyed Maelstrom).

I will genuinely try to approach the overhaul with a willingness to be impressed by it. Contrary to what many here may think, I don't like disliking things. At all.

I’m from a crowd that loves both ToT and Mission Breakout, and i’m, glad they both exist as separate entities. I struggle to decide which of the 2 is my favourite.

But theme parks are such a massive part of my life, and splash mountain exists as my favourite theme park ride, so I feel like a part of me has died today. I probably won’t ever get to go on it again. I’m not overly nostalgic, and I’m also not of the opinion that all Disney rethemes are poop..I prefer Frozen to Maelstrom , but this is Splash Bleeding Mountain. I’m genuinely upset in a way I’ve never been for a theme park ride.

Reactions: belloq87