Tomorrowland re-do? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland re-do?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some parts of this are coming together while other parts just blatantly stick out like a sore thumb still. I realize they aren't done though so we'll see what it looks like as a cohesive vision once all is said and done. I think it will be a bit of an improvement either way over what it was before as long as everything has the same-ish look in one way or another. The problem with Tomorrrowland before was it was all over the place and very cheesy looking/dated.

These are new, right?
IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

They look better, but I was hoping they'd go back to the original white googie aesthetic of Tomorrowland. The back half never lost it, so it would only be an update to the front half.

Motor on the beltway probably burned out or something.
When it reopened, the beltway was off so i'd say that's a good guess. At some point, the attraction is gonna need to fully replace that beltway with a newer one. It's very unreliable and breaks down constantly because the parts for it aren't in production any more so they're incredibly expensive. That's exactly why they got rid of the moving walkway at the end of Space Mountain.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Project is picking up in terms replacing theming elements and replacing now. Pretty much all of the metallic stuff from the 90's redo is coming down and the land is reverting more to how it looked in the 70's, but with a modern flare. I'll be interested in how it looks when full complete. I'm think the land already looks better simply with the removal of some of those dated thematic elements.

Reactions: Alicia