Tomorrowland re-do? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland re-do?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think the reason it is closed is money as others have posted but I do think they have tech issues that are no longer acceptable to the lawyers. Maybe they can solve them maybe it is too high of a cost to solve, in any case if they could open it they would at half capacity if necessary.
Right now I think Martin is hearing what the company believes at this point. Things can change though if the problem is insurmountable or just too expensive to repair to today's standards of safety.

The fact that we've yet to hear a leak or insider info describing the issue with the ride is somewhat perplexing.

Reactions: Nick and JoeCamel
I don't think the reason it is closed is money as others have posted but I do think they have tech issues that are no longer acceptable to the lawyers. Maybe they can solve them maybe it is too high of a cost to solve, in any case if they could open it they would at half capacity if necessary.
Right now I think Martin is hearing what the company believes at this point. Things can change though if the problem is insurmountable or just too expensive to repair to today's standards of safety.
The videos that went around when they first started cycling trains of car after car just bumping into each other (and not the usual TTA bumping either, this was constant and fairly violent) was not promising in terms of it's current condition.

Reactions: JoeCamel
The videos that went around when they first started cycling trains of car after car just bumping into each other (and not the usual TTA bumping either, this was constant and fairly violent) was not promising in terms of it's current condition.

So that would imply possibly that something's up with the speed-up/slow-down areas as the cars leave/enter the load/unload area.

Reactions: Nick
I think there's just something wrong with the LIMs, which if that's the case, means they're only putting patches on it as it would cost a pretty penny to fully replace the ride system. If it comes to that, this thing is getting shut down. I mean hell, they won't even replace the escalator that constantly breaks and they've had a year now without it in use to get it done.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Not to give them any ideas, but if the ride system is that jacked up it’s probably more valuable as a firework viewing platform at this point.

I wouldn’t mind walking the track instead of riding around. It would be fun to stop at the Epcot model or watch Space Mountain for 5-10 minutes. It’s just sad that two Tomorrowlands could have Peoplemover tracks that are abandoned.

Not to give them any ideas, but if the ride system is that jacked up it’s probably more valuable as a firework viewing platform at this point.

I wouldn’t mind walking the track instead of riding around. It would be fun to stop at the Epcot model or watch Space Mountain for 5-10 minutes. It’s just sad that two Tomorrowlands could have Peoplemover tracks that are abandoned.
Maybe it speaks to the viability of this method of transport? They should have thought of this back in the 60s' :rant::eek:O:0:)

I think there's just something wrong with the LIMs, which if that's the case, means they're only putting patches on it as it would cost a pretty penny to fully replace the ride system. If it comes to that, this thing is getting shut down. I mean hell, they won't even replace the escalator that constantly breaks and they've had a year now without it in use to get it done.

I wonder how hard/expensive it would be to convert it to something more like the powered coaster models from Mack? I figure that there would be some retrofitting but not sure how much.

Reactions: HandsomePete
I wonder how hard/expensive it would be to convert it to something more like the powered coaster models from Mack? I figure that there would be some retrofitting but not sure how much.
That would certainly solve the banking problem that Rocket Rods had when they tried to go high speed with that. Just let the queue wrap halfway around the park.