Tourist Employees? | Inside Universal Forums

Tourist Employees?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 30, 2012
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there are two employees that hang out in the walk way right in front of the construction. They dress really funky (wonkaesque) & say weird things to you as you walk by. Anyone know why they are posted up there?

Ya them... I feel like there has to be reason for them to be there beyond annoyance... But i could be grasping at straws

I was there today and they were almost all the way by MIB... But walking back in forth in the walking directly in front of the construction wall... The girl said something to me like "can you believe they are still playing Christmas music"

This picture was shot on July 14th of this year. The first time I saw them was early July.

WWoHP-022.jpg

They have two primary reasons for being in that area.

1 - Entertaining guests in an otherwise boring space.

2 - Preventing guests from taking construction photos.

These "tourists" have been discussed numerous time in the WWoHP II thread.

Last edited:
It was around 10 or so... But the back of the park was empty... Literally 0 wait for MIB... But Dispacable me was at 150 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Ya well just found this forum today and haven't had "time" to read all 7,000 posts in that thread

People like spontaneous entertainment...maybe not everybody, but it brings a smile to most peoples faces. Especially young ones I'm sure. Ever noticed how a crowd gathers around a spontaneous path side show?

Ya they are there just for entertaining purposes. I don't see what's so annoying about them, they are just trying to make friendly conversation. Heck I find them quite funny cause they are essentially making fun of all the tourists

I think the Tacky Tourists are pretty fun. I remember walking through there with a Jaws shirt during Horror Nights on the way to my shift, and they just followed me humming the Jaws theme. Simple lighthearted fun, and a pretty funny dig at actual tacky tourists.

I think the Tacky Tourists are pretty fun. I remember walking through there with a Jaws shirt during Horror Nights on the way to my shift, and they just followed me humming the Jaws theme. Simple lighthearted fun, and a pretty funny dig at actual tacky tourists.

If only they carried ipads and took pictures, all the while carrying a giant Brazilian flag.

They have two primary reasons for being in that area.

1 - Entertaining guests in an otherwise boring space.

2 - Preventing guests from taking construction photos.

These "tourists" have been discussed numerous time in the WWoHP II thread.

Curious question, but how do they go about doing this? Do they turn from wacky tourist to full purpose security guard at the sight of a camera coming out?

Curious question, but how do they go about doing this? Do they turn from wacky tourist to full purpose security guard at the sight of a camera coming out?
They probably run up to you and interact with you.

TP4L you are correct. Sometimes the will ask "What are you taking pictures of?" or " What are you doing with the camera?" They have never outright told me to stop taking pictures but they definitely try and distract you. I believe if you didn't stop the situation would escalate.

You just need to be smarter than they are. :sneaky:

I just look the other way and talk to my Friend or we both act like we're talking on our cell phones. I do find them very annoying.

That looks so annoying. I like what FLE is doing with the open window to keep guests' anticipation up. This gimmick to lure guests away from the construction is frustrating and downright looney.