Tourist Employees? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Tourist Employees?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah :thumbs:

Not what I've heard.

With all the issues out there I reached out to some of the management and some of the entertainment people themselves. I've been told they have been given no instruction, and their department has nothing to do with this photo thing. And that's not the only department I've been told that by. Security is out to photographers. Maybe one of them was personally asked by security to give a heads up? But as far as their job function caring about cameras isn't part of it.

That doesn't mean they couldn't take it upon themselves to play undercover security. But I don't know for sure, so I'll just leave it at that.

I honestly couldn't care any less for the tourist characters. I wish Universal would chose something else for these guys to act out. Maybe Londoners or something... I mean the "secret" is out now for what this area is supposed to be.

For some reason the tacky tourist character plays well at theme parks. I don't understand it, but for some reason guests seem to like it.

They wouldn't do London at least until the facades are up.

I think that's part of the reason why I don't like them..... They seem to have this stigma that they're not their to entertain....

I also don't like them because I find their characters persona brash and annoying not entertaining...

The roller skating fish however I love lol

People thinking they stop you from taking photos are falling into some kind of manifested paranoia. There is no secret that heavy construction is going on. It is not an entertainer's job to stop you from taking photos of it, but to entertain as many as they can in an area right now that is a little confusing and a lot dull to the general public.

When they jump into your pictures or make comments about you taking pictures they are in character....tourists.

As much as I don't care for the random characters(would much prefer classic Universal ones) they can work helping fellow guests with park direction questions and confusion as well as randomly taking a bit of dullness of an area that is a long construction hallway.

& Ive said before that Ive deliberatley stood there & took pics where they could plainly see me just to see if they would do anything, but it seems I cant get there attention to save my life, or even security for that metter, but than again, I dont have a DSLR:smiley:

As I've said before, I'm pretty close to 100% certain that they are NOT there to pretend to be tourists. It would perfectly fit in with the Harry Potter Universe for there to be people like this in London. Specifically in the Goblet of Fire (which if I'm not mistaken is when the first Harry Potter section is meant to be) when you had lots of witches and wizards descending on an area trying to fit in with "Muggles" but failing miserably to do so. Their fascination with a camera makes perfect sense within the books as well, as Arthur Weasley shows a particular fascination with "Muggle" technology. When looking at them in this manner, as curious witches and wizards that are trying (and failing) to fit in with the "Muggle" world, as opposed to annoying tourists, they're nowhere near as annoying.

I guess I need to be more careful taking pics on this side of the park. Sorry about your dealings Bob, that genuinely sucks. I took a few snapshots of the Potter expansion, but didn't know this was going on. Lesson learned.

As I've said before, I'm pretty close to 100% certain that they are NOT there to pretend to be tourists. It would perfectly fit in with the Harry Potter Universe for there to be people like this in London. Specifically in the Goblet of Fire (which if I'm not mistaken is when the first Harry Potter section is meant to be) when you had lots of witches and wizards descending on an area trying to fit in with "Muggles" but failing miserably to do so. Their fascination with a camera makes perfect sense within the books as well, as Arthur Weasley shows a particular fascination with "Muggle" technology. When looking at them in this manner, as curious witches and wizards that are trying (and failing) to fit in with the "Muggle" world, as opposed to annoying tourists, they're nowhere near as annoying.

Their character title is tacky tourist. They are there simply to bring some life to a dead area.

Tacky Tourists? Where Did they go?

Does any one know what happened to the tacky tourists that would walk along the old Amity road?

My basement... It rubs the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again!