Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I always thought old Buzz looked oddly maniacal. Definite upgrade.

This change has been long overdue. It always bothered me how Buzz's joints were just balls stitched to the arms and legs.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407937797897.jpg

Reactions: belloq87
What looks to be some shaded seating is being built at Woody's Lunch Box, although it seems as if it will hold an extremely inadequate amount of seating in comparison to the entire seating area. It'll probably hold three or four tables under the roof maximum.

Meanwhile the other restaurant in the land....

Disney: "What restaurant? We just built that building to give our builders something to do"
If COVID didn't happen and then the parks had to recover like they did, it'd be open by now for sure. I think part of the issue, especially with no fireworks or Fantasmic! back at DHS yet, is that dining reservations are probably weak still and there isn't quite the need for a new sit down restaurant at the park right now like there was before COVID hit.

Good to hear the restaurant is coming this year.

I wonder if that Trading Post is just going to be a gloried merch cart, or if it will be an actual, enclosed shop. And if so, where?

Good to hear the restaurant is coming this year.

I wonder if that Trading Post is just going to be a gloried merch cart, or if it will be an actual, enclosed shop. And if so, where?
I realize it could just be PR speak but they make it sound like it will be a part of TSMM. However I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a glorified merch cart as you posit.

WDW has announced that phase one of the restaurant will open this year. They will only serve drinks and appetizers.

Phase two will be the real grand opening where they will sell drinks, appetizers, AND FULL MEALS.

The Toy Story Land restaurant expansion is so exciting!

• Haha
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I realize it could just be PR speak but they make it sound like it will be a part of TSMM. However I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a glorified merch cart as you posit.
There literally already is a store for TSMM. No one knows it’s there or ever goes in it, but it’s there.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Guys, guys, calm down. This is not *just* a store. It is a "a new experience that is filled to the brim with fun"!

It is going to be so awesome!

:?: :whistle: :what:

• Haha
Reactions: tielo and SkiBum
There literally already is a store for TSMM. No one knows it’s there or ever goes in it, but it’s there.

Ya it definitely feels like that the store will be getting a Jessie makeover based on the phrasing of the first paragraph. They directly tie it to getting off Toy Story Mania.

Attachments

• A7551A08-5380-4C47-ACB6-792DEACCEF1E.jpeg
    A7551A08-5380-4C47-ACB6-792DEACCEF1E.jpeg
    741.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: SeventyOne
Ya it definitely feels like that the store will be getting a Jessie makeover based on the phrasing of the first paragraph. They directly tie it to getting off Toy Story Mania.
It could definitely use literally ANY theming. And less fluorescent lighting. The room that the store is in used to be a backstage CM breakroom and the store was just sort of thrown together last minute (after TS Land opened and Disney realized there was no stores), but it's always felt very odd and dingy in there. If that's what this Jesse's Trading Post thing is, hopefully it's a major overhaul.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Confirmation that Jessie's Trading Post will not be a new space:

Hopefully we get some new lighting that doesn't make me think of a doctor's office waiting room. Really warming-up the color temperature in there would go a long way.
Like I had mentioned, that was break space before, so the ceiling lighting was probably left over from that and in order for them to open the store when they wanted to (originally), they didn't have time to fix it.

I think what we will see here is them completely remodeling the space. Changing the lighting, getting rid of the Getting rid of those backstage, leftover soundstage doors for something more themed (at the least), but what I hope is that if they are pouring the money into this, they actually move where the entrance is to where the Woody's Roundup theming is outside of the store so that the store itself is more visible. The last time I was at the park, I went into the store after I got off and there was literally NO ONE in the store except for two CMs (the ride had a fairly long wait too, so it wasn't dead).

Frankly, i'm surprised they are putting money into this at all since I was expecting them to quietly close it for good since I never see anyone in there.

Like I had mentioned, that was break space before, so the ceiling lighting was probably left over from that and in order for them to open the store when they wanted to (originally), they didn't have time to fix it.

I think what we will see here is them completely remodeling the space. Changing the lighting, getting rid of the Getting rid of those backstage, leftover soundstage doors for something more themed (at the least), but what I hope is that if they are pouring the money into this, they actually move where the entrance is to where the Woody's Roundup theming is outside of the store so that the store itself is more visible. The last time I was at the park, I went into the store after I got off and there was literally NO ONE in the store except for two CMs (the ride had a fairly long wait too, so it wasn't dead).

Frankly, i'm surprised they are putting money into this at all since I was expecting them to quietly close it for good since I never see anyone in there.
I always love to see the remnants of the soundstage layout and the doors, it makes me nostalgic for MGM