TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was at Magic Kingdom the other day, and this ride at night might genuinely be the coolest looking ride I've ever seen. The canopy and light cycles and music combine for an incredible presentation. I know people will have a lot of complaints about this ride, but the nighttime presentation will never be one of them.

The ride looks fun but its so short, really wish they added like one new slow room in the middle of the ride to make it longer

To me this is an example of a cool coaster but I would not push for this if the length would be less then 2 and a half mins for the amount of space if takes up. Just my two cents
As long as you know you’re going in for a quick coaster, you’ll probably be satisfied. Would longer be better? Absolutely, but Disney clones on purpose so there isn’t extra R&D work that needs to go into a ride which is why new scenes never happen and why it was always an outside shot for those hoping for that on DL’s MMRR.

This coaster is around the same length if not slightly longer than RNRC. But I enjoy RNRC, although I do use single rider quite a bit. In Shanghai this ride has single rider but so far I’m not seeing any signs pointing to it coming here.

Reactions: shiekra38
As long as you know you’re going in for a quick coaster, you’ll probably be satisfied. Would longer be better? Absolutely, but Disney clones on purpose so there isn’t extra R&D work that needs to go into a ride which is why new scenes never happen and why it was always an outside shot for those hoping for that on DL’s MMRR.

This coaster is around the same length if not slightly longer than RNRC. But I enjoy RNRC, although I do use single rider quite a bit. In Shanghai this ride has single rider but so far I’m not seeing any signs pointing to it coming here.
I believe one of the vlogs I watched mentioned a single rider line in the station for cast member previews, but I don't see a entrance for it outside. Maybe you enter it close to the station?

If these are like normal Vekoma motorbike attractions, they can get kind of uncomfortable after a minute or two

Like I would never want to be e-stopped on one

I think the length is actually kind of perfect for this style of attraction

Reactions: Nick
It'll be interesting to see what they do if the wait for the bigger seats is a bigger problem than anticipated even now and backs up into the main queue. Might need tp use the single rider queue for that.

It'll be interesting to see what they do if the wait for the bigger seats is a bigger problem than anticipated even now and backs up into the main queue. Might need tp use the single rider queue for that.
This ride has quite frankly a ridiculous amount of potential queue space so they should be able to figure something out.

This ride has quite frankly a ridiculous amount of potential queue space so they should be able to figure something out.

You may know the answer to this. Are they actually limiting rides to cast members and guests? I have seen quite a few videos and there are a ton of people going on this. Now, maybe it's the same people on different days but I started wondering if they were letting DVC or some other groups to ride. I mean, I know that there quite a few cast members but I did not expect to see the lines that have stayed quite steady.

You may know the answer to this. Are they actually limiting rides to cast members and guests? I have seen quite a few videos and there are a ton of people going on this. Now, maybe it's the same people on different days but I started wondering if they were letting DVC or some other groups to ride. I mean, I know that there quite a few cast members but I did not expect to see the lines that have stayed quite steady.
DVC and AP not even announced dates yet. Right now just Cast and guests, which is how basically all Disney vloggers are riding already.

Reactions: SkiBum
DVC and AP not even announced dates yet. Right now just Cast and guests, which is how basically all Disney vloggers are riding already.

Do Vloggers count as cast or do they have to be a guest? I mean, I will happily shoot video of the queue with my phone if that will count as anything. I can even make questionably funny remarks throughout.

Edit: Never mind. I just saw it explained by one vlogger who had a friend who was a cast member.

Do Vloggers count as cast or do they have to be a guest? I mean, I will happily shoot video of the queue with my phone if that will count as anything. I can even make questionably funny remarks throughout.
They have to be invited by a CM.

Reactions: SkiBum
Just rode Tron tonight with a cast member friend. The launch is very powerful and the outside section is great. The inside section however was dissapointing to me, it had a lot of brakes and isn’t that fast and kind of a boring layout. I prefer Guardians.

Reactions: Nick and belloq87
Cast can each bring three guests so there are a lot of bloggers who know CMs going. I talked to someone the other day who was randomly picking strangers to take with them as guests to ride because their friends couldn't make it.

Reactions: belloq87 and SkiBum
A review I’ve gotten is “The smoothest roller coaster I’ve ever been on”. Doesn’t seem overly thrilling, but seems very soothing type of coaster. Great visuals obviously. I think this will be a massive winner for MK.

Reactions: belloq87
Let's see see if they get called "fatphobic" like SNW in Hollywood when the DVC guests and passholders start their previews next month...

A review I’ve gotten is “The smoothest roller coaster I’ve ever been on”. Doesn’t seem overly thrilling, but seems very soothing type of coaster. Great visuals obviously. I think this will be a massive winner for MK.
I think this is the first coaster at Disney where your experience will severely improve if you ride at night vs. daytime. It’s going to be almost impossible to make sure you get a night time ride on Tron unless you pay for LL though.

Reactions: shiekra38
I think this is the first coaster at Disney where your experience will severely improve if you ride at night vs. daytime. It’s going to be almost impossible to make sure you get a night time ride on Tron unless you pay for LL though.
That’s definitely true.

After watching a few POV's, it definitely looks like back row night ride is the way to go. The wheels lighting up is a great effect on the indoor portion and there's a lot of tricks to make it look like you're actually dueling. It's pretty cool.

It's kinda hilarious how outdated RnRC is gonna feel after this opens. Tron and Guardians outclass it in every way.

Let's see see if they get called "fatphobic" like SNW in Hollywood when the DVC guests and passholders start their previews next month...
To be fair, it's a different situation on Tron with the style of restraints

But either way, it's not like Universal is turning away people in mass droves or something like Disney Adults claim

I've only seen it happen a few time while at theme parks where someone has to be removed from a ride because they are beeg

Remember DisTwitter is a lot like a Kindergarten classroom, one child says something and then it starts a wildfire of the other children agreeing and adding their own comments until the teacher blows their whistle...on DisTwitter, there's no teacher though