TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
1. Go on it at night.

2. I found it as intense as Cosmic Rewind, just in a different way—I think it was the speed for me, but, I’m not a seasoned coaster rider so take my take with a grain of salt.

3. Don’t go on it on an empty stomach.

I grabbed March 4th from 7pm-8pm. Glad that I was able to essentially guarantee a ride when it's dark out. I might not get to ride during the CM Preview after all due to certain things (there's still a chance though), so it's nice to have this as a guarantee.

Reactions: Alicia and belloq87
I grabbed March 4th from 7pm-8pm. Glad that I was able to essentially guarantee a ride when it's dark out. I might not get to ride during the CM Preview after all due to certain things (there's still a chance though), so it's nice to have this as a guarantee.
I grabbed a different day at 7 to 8pm as well. I wonder if those were the latest times available or not?

We got our Tron reservations, Yay!!!! but I noticed that there were no reservations for the week at MK and saw this news link in my feed (sorry I forget if we're allowed to post to other sites. but in this case thought it was relavant).

Magic Kingdom Park Pass availability blocked out for eight days ahead of TRON Lightcycle Run passholder preview registration

Anyways, this seems like a dirty move to me. This would be the first time Disney is obviously using the Reservation system for no ones benefit but their own. Am I off base?

We got our Tron reservations, Yay!!!! but I noticed that there were no reservations for the week at MK and saw this news link in my feed (sorry I forget if we're allowed to post to other sites. but in this case thought it was relavant).

Magic Kingdom Park Pass availability blocked out for eight days ahead of TRON Lightcycle Run passholder preview registration

Anyways, this seems like a dirty move to me. This would be the first time Disney is obviously using the Reservation system for no ones benefit but their own. Am I off base?
I bet they temporarily removed passholder availability for the days when previews are taking place to ensure everyone who booked a Tron preview today DOES NOT go and book a Park Reservation, thinking they have to.

When Ratatouille had previews many passholders booked a park reservation for the days they got remy previews for, but you will get a bonus park reservation added to your account AUTOMATICALLY the week before.

Perhaps this was just a way to keep passholders from flooding the reservation system with park reservations they do not need, and I forsee these days opening back up in the coming weeks when the dust settles. But that was just my take on it when I looked at the availability calendar earlier.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Got to ride it earlier. I'll be back once more for the AP Preview, but after that I probably won't ride it much so we got 4 rides in today. It's certainly a really good addition to MK with it being the first true thrill ride in the park. It's definitely short and the length actually caught me off guard on my first ride, but it's still fun enough. It does the job and with it being an expansion, there's really not much to criticize other than the fact that some people won't be able to ride on the lightcycles.

Speaking of the lightcycles, getting on and off is very easy once you do it once/once you see people do it. The phone holder works great and I never felt like I was at risk of losing it since it's not a coaster that does any looping or anything. Never got to go at the very front, but towards the front, towards the back, etc and I don't think where you sit on this ride makes much of a difference. When leaning forward and holding the handles of the lightcycle, I was caught off guard at them being quite rough, metal grips that really aren't all too comfortable. I wonder if they'll add any sort of rubber padding there in the future to make it more pleasant?

Tip: I found the ride to be most fun when I was leaning back and essentially was riding the coaster in a kneeling position with hands up.

Rode Tron today, 5 times in a row. Pretty solid addition to the park that adds capacity, expands Tomorrowland, and has a really cool aesthetic. The coaster itself is pretty mid-tier, not only being short but having several brake runs that hurt the momentum/pacing, but the unique form factor and stellar aesthetic/music are able to elevate the experience past mediocrity. Biggest overall issue is definitely how uncomfortable the ride vehicles are. The leg and back braces are obviously weird, but as noted here, the handlebars are really rough for something you're supposed to grasp onto. That said, the unique positioning still makes the ride stand out, and while the queue isn't extraordinary or immersive, they at least retain the memorable aesthetic.

Overall, I didn't like it as much as Cosmic Rewind but it's still a fun addition. Not one I'd wait in line any more than 45 minutes for, but not something I'm actively disappointed in either like I was with Ratatouille. Curious what the rest of the masses will think.

Overall, I didn't like it as much as Cosmic Rewind but it's still a fun addition. Not one I'd wait in line any more than 45 minutes for, but not something I'm actively disappointed in either like I was with Ratatouille. Curious what the rest of the masses will think.
This is about where I stand. It's an addition to the park's capacity, not the best ride, but still enjoyable enough that once it goes on stand-by i'd be willing to wait 30-45 minutes and be satisfied. I wasn't disappointed in Ratatouille bc I knew what to expect from that ride, but overall I agree.