Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And I don't know about you but once Splash came offline and if there's anything else ever down or on refurb, with Tron inaccessible without the virtual queue and with crowds the way they've been, I've looked at MK lately like hey... maybe there's actually not THAT much to do here considering.
Yeah, it's not Disneyland. I'll believe it when I see it but if the Moana ride actually does go to Adventureland (which is sort of up in the air as i understand), it'd be GREATLY welcomed. Adventureland is a land that has needed a major new attraction for decades now. Going beyond Big Thunder and over time eventually connecting to Haunted Mansion is a much need step for the park.

As long as they keep investing in the other parks, I see no issue with them expanding MK as well. I do think DAK will be a main focus during D23 this year though and we'll get concrete details on that stuff while other projects in other parks will be confirmed maybe, but probably won't have as many details announced.

I'm still not amped over Encanto being part of AK, I do like the idea of a Mystic Manor ride. Although I'd rather just have Mystic Manor complete with Albert the monkey.

I love pyramids.. whether Egyptian or Mayan/aztec/etc. So the thought of having that & ruins with tropical landscape excites me
I guess the question is what IP would work outside of Lion King which they are already using?

I'm still bummed it's not Moana/Oceania land like that's fit AK themes way more than encanto or Indiana Jones
I think they want to avoid ocean stuff with Sea World being right down the street. The enclosures are also more expensive to maintain.

Here’s the thing: Obviously all parks and specifically HS and DAK need expansion. But they have a TON of incentive to also do the same for MK. MK is and always will be their most popular park.

If someone comes for one day and only one day, they’re probably going to MK.
I am baffled how people don't want an MK expansion when AK is already started and DHS has pretty big rumors. I would think you would want all parks to be expanded.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Do we have concrete rumors on Encanto so far? Sorry if I’ve missed. I feel I’ve heard it’s WDW’s Mystic Manor (and it should be) or an Omnimover, or just interactive stuff. Whats the plan here?

A Mystic Manor level ride would do wonders for AK.

As much as I would love a Mystic Manor ride stateside, I'm not sure how popular it would be long term. When I visited HKDL it was pretty much a walk on and was the only ride I did twice. Might just be a function of its ride throughput?

I guess the question is what IP would work outside of Lion King which they are already using?
None, as in no IPs at all! Look at what they accomplished with virtually all the other rides there (not included the pandora 2). They managed to created rides and attractions that fit the theme and have good storylines. Go back to that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
As much as I would love a Mystic Manor ride stateside, I'm not sure how popular it would be long term. When I visited HKDL it was pretty much a walk on and was the only ride I did twice. Might just be a function of its ride throughput?
Most everything in Hong Kong gets low lines since their attendance is so low, except for festival times. I wouldn't think lines at Hong Kong really mean much on whether a ride will be popular here.

None, as in no IPs at all! Look at what they accomplished with virtually all the other rides there (not included the pandora 2). They managed to created rides and attractions that fit the theme and have good storylines. Go back to that.
They won't do that though. It's IP or nothing at all. So I'll take what I can get.

Besides, the "themes" to 99% of guests can be boiled down to Fantasy, Future/Countries, Animals, and Movies. They don't care whether something "belongs" in a park or not.

Reactions: grlhowl
Yet AK is the least popular park and the one most skip if they are skipping a park. Heck my friends skipped it and went to other parks multiple times instead. So from a GP perspective I think IPs would help AK a lot. While purists don't like it, that doesn't pay the bills.

So if it is IP or nothing, I am going to take IP. So now we have to have an IP, I don't know much that fits that will draw crowds.

Yet AK is the least popular park and the one most skip if they are skipping a park. Heck my friends skipped it and went to other parks multiple times instead. So from a GP perspective I think IPs would help AK a lot. While purists don't like it, that doesn't pay the bills.

So if it is IP or nothing, I am going to take IP. So now we have to have an IP, I don't know much that fits that will draw crowds.
Yes, we usually skip AK, or at most, just spend 6 or 7 hours there on a vacation. It's OK, but it gets old quick. There's only so many times you can walk those two trails and do the Kil. Safari over the years. And there's too few attractions. The two shows are damn good though, and so is FOP. It's a good park for first and second timers, but it really lacks for repeat visits.....I'd welcome Indy and Encanto. Something new and decent IP's. There's really enough pure zoo like stuff there already. It doesn't need more of that non IP stuff.

Reactions: IzzyB and SkiBum
Yes, we usually skip AK, or at most, just spend 6 or 7 hours there on a vacation. It's OK, but it gets old quick. There's only so many times you can walk those two trails and do the Kil. Safari over the years. And there's too few attractions. The two shows are damn good though, and so is FOP. It's a good park for first and second timers, but it really lacks for repeat visits.....I'd welcome Indy and Encanto. Something new and decent IP's. There's really enough pure zoo like stuff there already. It doesn't need more of that non IP stuff.
That’s something this area could use is another animal trail to add to the park.

I think people are skipping because there isn't much to do. Wasn't the studios park not doing well and everything it had was IP attractions. People don't want to pay that much for a glorified zoo. They added one of the biggest and most reconizible IP's we know of today and it still isn't pulling in the numbers. Ya'll say it's the lack of IP's but I say it's the lack of bang for your buck.

Granted I’ve not done Pandora, so that’s a draw now.

In 2017 there was literally nothing to do for a short period of time. Tough To Be A Bug was down for season maintenance, Everest was closed for first few hours, and it was a chilly day so had zero interest in the rapids ride. Safari then was a 90 min wait with no fast pass. Everest later opened, which I had a fast pass for, but line was to the bridge area to the right of it. Then we saw Nemo, actually a cute show and was basically full. Luckily Everest queue calmed down and they still honored my fast pass. Dinosaur luckily was only a 20 minute wait so that worked.

After that? We left. Did 4 things. Pandora helps for me personally now wanting to visit, but these new rides will frankly be a lot more appealing to make me visit.

I think people are skipping because there isn't much to do. Wasn't the studios park not doing well and everything it had was IP attractions. People don't want to pay that much for a glorified zoo. They added one of the biggest and most reconizible IP's we know of today and it still isn't pulling in the numbers. Ya'll say it's the lack of IP's but I say it's the lack of bang for your buck.

Yup. And if the plans are true for Zootopia to move into Tree of Life, Indy to replace Dinosaur, and Encanto, we're only netting 1 new attraction. Back to the drawing board, guys & gals. This park needs more.

Yup. And if the plans are true for Zootopia to move into Tree of Life, Indy to replace Dinosaur, and Encanto, we're only netting 1 new attraction. Back to the drawing board, guys & gals. This park needs more.
Insane that they are adding to MK, which has over 30 rides, and not using those new attractions to flesh out AK and DHS.

I honestly think MK can go 10 years with nothing new and still pull in the numbers. It is THE place to go to and as people expand their family, start families and/or at a point financially, they will go to MK because of its place in society! It's like everyone's wish to go to disney world but they really mean the magic kingdom. The attractions at the magic kingdom are timeless and have withstood the test of time. The only thing that stood out to me from my visits to AK is the festival of the lion king and everest somewhat. I never understood why they never incorporated a flix fun fair to compliment it's tough to be a bug. IP and more capacity for kids/families. Or perhaps a lion king themed "watering hole" area with kids attractions and a splash zone area. For crying out loud there isn't even an animal themed carousel lol. I just think the imagineers either overthought the concept of AK or lost the concept that it still needed to be a theme/amusement park.

This may be an unpopular opinion but honestly I wouldn’t mind if they stopped adding to AK completely and just left it alone. Even DHS seems like it’s capped at the number of attractions you can add.

Just go ahead and build that 5th gate and I would be satisfied.