Universal Great Britain | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't Dr Who be a bit of an issue considering Disney is now involved with them?

TV rights/streaming do not equal who actually owns the property/miscellaneous rights...I.E back i.e Gabby's Dollhouse being on Netflix exclusive doesn't prevent Universal from using the IP in the upcoming Frisco park.

Dr Who is wholly owned by the BBC it’s just distributed outside the UK by Disney+.

Comcast would just need to negotiate with the BBC that’s all.

Dear god no Dr Who, British park does not mean British shows, especially when it's got to appeal to a whole continent.

The whole concept of using TV for IP gives me the massive ick

Adding to the fact that just like London Resort it would have to be a whole deal of BBC IP.....and honestly when they pitched these ideas for the park they sucked. Paramount are currently suing TLR over them lying about money

Which could be a positive for UC as clearly there's a desire to have their IP in a UK park and it has worked out well with Transformers, so a deal could be struck. Opens the doors to a lot of possibilities they've got Mission Impossible, star trek, Top Gun. Ninja turtles , sonic etc

Last edited:
Honestly, outside of LOTR, I don't think any of the other rumoured unique IPs (+ Doctor Who) really lend to a whole land and, at best, would only get single attractions

Reactions: Chessy
Hopefully Tomfoolery lol

Since Alicia’s reporting, as well as others though, it feels more proper to give it the name they applied for. This rumor is gaining a ton of steam.

It was more the spelling of the word rumour. lol.

Universal has confirmed the land purchase.

Universal Confirms UK Land Purchase
It was more the spelling of the word rumour. lol.

Universal has confirmed the land purchase.
A spokesperson from Universal Destinations & Experiences told the Bedford Independent, “We recently acquired land in Bedford [Borough] and are at the early stages of exploring its feasibility for a potential park and resort at this site.

“It will be many months before we are ready to make a decision to proceed and we look forward to engaging with all relevant stakeholders and the local community.”

This image confirms ACTUAL land owned, image credited TO Universal!!!!
IMG_2856.jpeg

Last edited:
I know it’s way too early to consider, but does this area of land have opportunities for future expansion? I would say to have another 300-500 acres to comfortably grow into over time.

What other local attractions are nearby? As Bedford is just a very average town and not sure people would venture there for anything (no offence) who would be visiting.

Reactions: RFRees
I know it’s way too early to consider, but does this area of land have opportunities for future expansion? I would say to have another 300-500 acres to comfortably grow into over time.

What other local attractions are nearby? As Bedford is just a very average town and not sure people would venture there for anything (no offence) who would be visiting.

Milton Keynes is very close with another small theme park for children - Gulliver’s Land.

And yes, there is lots of land around for future expansion.

Reactions: RFRees

Woburn Safari Park and Woburn Centre Parcs is nearby.

Bedford is also effectively slap bang in the middle of Oxford and Cambridge, two very touristy places in England. And a new rail line will connect Oxford and Cambridge eventually, going through - you guessed it - Bedford (in fact right past this plot of land with a station too).

The other rail line in that graphic - Thameslink - is arguably the more important rail connection though as this connects to London and the Midlands. There is no station nearby the park currently. However there are plans to build a station in Wixams which is right next to the potential park location and could in theory serve the park.

Don't want to get my hopes up for this, but it really does feel like they have secured land in arguably the best place in the UK. If this doesn't work it will be a sign that a large theme park like this just isn't viable in the UK, either because of economic factors or because of environmental/planning barriers.

Reactions: yepthatguy and Nico