Universal Great Britain | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sky News as-well now!

300 more acres available at the south.
As others have said - Woburn Abbey & Safari Park, Gullivers Land, Xscape indoor Snow Slope, multiple large shopping centers, easy access to not just London and the South but places like Sheffield/Liverpool/Manchester in the North. 40 mins train to international terminal, then 35 mins to France.

All very exciting!

It's kind of a really brilliant area of land when you consider just everything around it; and the developments nearby being on-par with that of how EU was developed. Add on the proximities to the rail routes--and this shows a desire to support government transit incentives alongside local audiences.

Sky News as-well now!

It's kind of a really brilliant area of land when you consider just everything around it; and the developments nearby being on-par with that of how EU was developed. Add on the proximities to the rail routes--and this shows a desire to support government transit incentives alongside local audiences.

More importantly I live there!

Joking aside the local council first put a plan in place to make Bedford the best it can be around the turn of the millennium called Bedford 2002 which was meant to sort all issues, this became Bedford 2020, then Bedford 2030, now Bedford 2040. This should be the kick for that to actually happen now!

Disney right now:
giphy.gif

Love it. It's always great to see new developments in the theme park industry, no matter how small or large or the location. It's always been exciting to see Universal entering the European market, and the prospect of expansion into Britain will be so exciting to see unfold in the next few years.

Love it. It's always great to see new developments in the theme park industry, no matter how small or large or the location. It's always been exciting to see Universal entering the European market, and the prospect of expansion into Britain will be so exciting to see unfold in the next few years.
It’s insane to me how old the theme park industry is and how it’s only right now that one of the huge players in it decided it was finally time to build here. Nuts.

So... now that we've got the exact plot of land they're working with here, it might be the right time to speculate what's considered to be built there.

Given the parcel's dog bone shape, I expect them to consider a park on the northern and one on the southern end in the long term. Parking and additional hotel resorts in the centre, the latter facing east to provide views of the water.

I'm interested to see how "Epic Universe-y" this will be. So will we see these fully immersive, single entry point lands in this park? Will they go with an open hub concept similar to what is rumoured for EU rather than having a dedicated City Walk area outside?

Reactions: Mike S
So... now that we've got the exact plot of land they're working with here, it might be the right time to speculate what's considered to be built there.

Given the parcel's dog bone shape, I expect them to consider a park on the northern and one on the southern end in the long term. Parking and additional hotel resorts in the centre, the latter facing east to provide views of the water.

I'm interested to see how "Epic Universe-y" this will be. So will we see these fully immersive, single entry point lands in this park? Will they go with an open hub concept similar to what is rumoured for EU rather than having a dedicated City Walk area outside?
I think this park should be different than Epic with its 4 dedicated IP lands (5 if you separate Mario and Donkey Kong).

For instance I’d put in a general purpose land that could have things like Hollywoods new F&F coaster plus maybe a new interactive Ghostbusters ride using the AR tech developed for Mario Kart.

Reactions: LieutLaww
For instance I’d put in a general purpose land that could have things like Hollywoods new F&F coaster plus maybe a new interactive Ghostbusters ride using the AR tech developed for Mario Kart.
They could do something like Beijing, where there's an attraction devoted to Spielberg + major British directors like Boyle or Nolan.

Reactions: Mike S
My idea for the premier ride of this park: The Great Universal Movie Ride (final name subject to change)

The T-Rex escape from Jurassic Park, a scene taking inspiration from Hollywoods Jaws but but with an animatronic more in line with the Orlando version (RIP), the ending of Back to the Future in Courthouse Square, a recreation of the Earthquake scene… The ending of ET would be the final scene to end on an emotional note. Maybe start with an older movie like Frankenstein.

This would be at the front of the park in Hollywood and in the queue there would be a video of Steven Spielberg and Christopher Nolan discussing the magic of the movies.

It does. From videos and my own experience at USJ, it's essentially a wider version of the main boulevard they have in Japan.

Be careful mentioning Nolan in these parts
Now now, I said Nolan not Oppenheimer lol.

By the time the park opens he'll probably have another movie or two, which will hopefully lend itself better to a theme park.

My idea for the premier ride of this park: The Great Universal Movie Ride (final name subject to change)

The T-Rex escape from Jurassic Park, a scene taking inspiration from Hollywoods Jaws but but with an animatronic more in line with the Orlando version (RIP), the ending of Back to the Future in Courthouse Square, a recreation of the Earthquake scene… The ending of ET would be the final scene to end on an emotional note. Maybe start with an older movie like Frankenstein.

This would be at the front of the park in Hollywood and in the queue there would be a video of Steven Spielberg and Christopher Nolan discussing the magic of the movies.
YouTube Universal's Epic Movie Ride ;)

Reactions: sonoma15 and Mike S
I’m a huge fan of Doctor Who but I don’t see how it could possibly work as a whole land given that there’s no real central location to work off of for one and the closest you could even get to one is just modern day London. Now if they wanted to do an attraction or two and some sort of monster meet and greets/encounters I think that would do very well.
I've actually been thinking about this, as purely coincidentally I was just talking to a friend about how odd it was that Doctor Who has no theme park space despite existing for so long.
If you *wanted* to do a full land, I'd say the best way you could do justice to the promise of a time travel themed IP and land would be to just make it fragments of alien locations and historical earth locations transplanted into our time and planet. Basically just make a series of mini-world showcase lands of historical and alien locations, place them together, give the land a story that explains why all these locations have been fragmented together, ez pz. If you wanted, the fact that you're already bending the rules of time and space gives you a good excuse to have meet and greets without needing to maintain continuity of a single era.

That said, idk if the Disney+ connection means the IP is off the table for universal in general, but I think it still has a chance.