Universal Great Britain | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don’t be bringing logic into this discussion.

The idea that one of the biggest theme park operators has done their homework and not just spent millions on a whim is quite the hot take.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but….Universal Escape WAS a thing…

You are taking it as if I'm saying they are not going to build it, I am not saying that, I am saying that it wont be competition for DLP
But your point hinges on ideas and a reasoning that Universal would certainly have considered first. Sure, it will be tough to compete with DLP, but would it be any better on the European mainland where DLP reigns supreme?

But your point hinges on ideas and a reasoning that Universal would certainly have considered first. Sure, it will be tough to compete with DLP, but would it be any better on the European mainland where DLP reigns supreme?
By that poster's own logic that the glass is half full cos.....passports.......he's defeated himself with his own argument as the glass is also half full of 224,000,000 people that do have a passport and may want to visit a UK epic universe. So of course this park is competition to DLP as it's not a crappy regional park that is all the UK has

Well, WDW reigned supreme for many years, but now Universal its eating their cake and pushing them to be better, in mainland europe I think it would be more or less the same fight, DLP reigns supreme just because there ain't any real competition as of now

I don’t have a dog in this fight but….Universal Escape WAS a thing…

True but was almost a 1/4 century ago.

Me right now.

giphy.gif

By that poster's own logic that the glass is half full cos.....passports.......he's defeated himself with his own argument as the glass is also half full of 224,000,000 people that do have a passport and may want to visit a UK epic universe. So of course this park is competition to DLP as it's not a crappy regional park that is all the UK has
DLP has 2 gates and needs a third one by 2036 the latest due to their agreements with the french government, a single gate park wouldn't be much of a competition even if its Epic Universe level of cool and its in the middle of Heathrow runway

You are taking it as if I'm saying they are not going to build it, I am not saying that, I am saying that it wont be competition for DLP

There’s a direct train between London and Paris. Of course DLP and UGB would compete with each other. And that’s a good thing as both will have to improve their offerings.

Reactions: MikePat and Alicia
Universal Great Britain will be a park for British citizens and London tourists, not Europeans. Fans of theme parks and Universal from Europe are not the target. Just the fact that the resort is proposed to be in the UK should make this clear. I understand that European Universal fans are not thrilled by the location, but it's really not all about you. Throwing a fit will not change the location to Germany or Spain.

• Haha
Reactions: Freak and havaska
Universal Great Britain will be a park for British citizens and London tourists, not Europeans. Fans of theme parks and Universal from Europe are not the target. Just the fact that the resort is proposed to be in the UK should make this clear. I understand that European Universal fans are not thrilled by the location, but it's really not all about you. Throwing a fit will not change the location to Germany or Spain.
How dare they not put this in Yugoslavia. Like, c’mon. They need a Universal park too.